PDA

View Full Version : Site timing out?

onearmedbandit
20th August 2010, 10:31
We just got a new broadband connection at home and since doing so KB never fully loads, leaving a 95% complete indication bar at the bottom of the screen. Eventually the page times out and I lose what page I'm on, especially annoying when putting a post together. This only happens on KB, and I'm assuming I'm the only one with this issue. Any ideas on what settings I need to look at?

Browser is Firefox 3.5.11
OS is Windows XP.

Thanks in advance.

Mom
20th August 2010, 10:33
You are not alone.

I just posted this in a social group on here.

The forum runs really slowly sometimes but we have never had a time out error message. I reckon it is the reason that there have been so many double posts. You click submit and absolutely nothing happens, so you click again and hey presto 2 posts. I usually just keep going as if the post has loaded correctly, it always does.

MSTRS
20th August 2010, 10:39
Having the same not loading/time out problem here, too. On IE8 and latest FF. PM'ed MT, and he said is probably something to do with routing to server. Can't be fixed at this end. Or something.
But there must be a setting change, or something, cause seems to be only a few of us with the problem.
I've tried cleaning out all cookies etc - no difference.

T.W.R
20th August 2010, 10:39
Had a similar thing a while back and digging around kept coming up with a TCP80 connection error....something to do with firewall settings :yes:

Virago
20th August 2010, 12:04
Same here - has been a problem since last Friday.

Happening on both PC and laptop, using either Firefox or IE.

Pages won't fully load, and eventually time out - bloody annoying when composing posts.

No other website affected.

onearmedbandit
20th August 2010, 12:07
A fix of sorts is to cancel the page loading with the 'x' button on your browser. Hopefully this doesn't help if the page won't fully load.

=cJ=
20th August 2010, 17:48
KB never fully loads, leaving a 95% complete indication bar at the bottom of the screen.

Not alone. Same problem has started to occur here too, probably in the last week or so. More so when I have multiple tabs open at once.

NighthawkNZ
20th August 2010, 17:55
No problem here...???

Ocean1
20th August 2010, 18:09
Same here - has been a problem since last Friday.

Happening on both PC and laptop, using either Firefox or IE.

Pages won't fully load, and eventually time out - bloody annoying when composing posts.

No other website affected.

Same. 2 machines, same problem, same timeframe.

Page always seems fully up, mebe it's just not saying "THAT'S ALL FOLKS"

yachtie10
20th August 2010, 18:26
no issues in Thailand so far

zzzz
20th August 2010, 18:50
Same here on Fire Fox.
No problem on other sites.

KiwiPhoenix
20th August 2010, 19:20
Having the same problem here as well!

mrchips
20th August 2010, 19:27
We just got a new broadband connection at home and since doing so KB never fully loads, leaving a 95% complete indication bar at the bottom of the screen. Eventually the page times out and I lose what page I'm on, especially annoying when putting a post together. This only happens on KB, and I'm assuming I'm the only one with this issue. Any ideas on what settings I need to look at?

OS is Windows XP.

Thanks in advance.

Same here, Just got a ADSL2 modem & this is happening, i've been going bonkers !

Even replying to threads the bottom "submit" part is missing ?

tri boy
20th August 2010, 20:12
Same/similar.
Half the time, the final few posts can't be read.
Flick over to any other site, (adv rider etc), fast as.

Genie
20th August 2010, 20:34
ME TOOO

Kinda thought it was just me and something dodgy with my computer...now I know it's a dodgy KB thingymewhatsit...............damn frustrating.

dynamite9585
20th August 2010, 23:32
glad it's not just me.
there seems to be something not ver important thats not loading and it's timing out the whole page. have had about 5 posts so far that i have just given up on.

yachtie10
20th August 2010, 23:40
sites working for me

But I noticed the last lookup it does seems to be facebook

hope this helps

crazzed
21st August 2010, 00:49
poos here to:angry:

Virago
21st August 2010, 04:55
sites working for me

But I noticed the last lookup it does seems to be facebook

hope this helps

Yeah, just noticed that - the Facebook link is not loading.

marie_speeds
21st August 2010, 06:33
Mine does it too especially when replying to a thread. I hit post and it says I am not logged on. When I do log back in it just freezes up, reply and everything gone so I either start all over or just don't bother replying.

Is there a fix?

Must type quickly before it disappears

Maha
21st August 2010, 07:27
Mine does it too especially when replying to a thread. I hit post and it says I am not logged on. When I do log back in it just freezes up, reply and everything gone so I either start all over or just don't bother replying.

Is there a fix?

Must type quickly before it disappears

If that ever happens again, hit the 'Back' Arrow and it takes you back, then you can copy, re-login and paste then reply, has worked for me in the past.

Katman
21st August 2010, 17:30
I thought it was just me.

Ever since I installed an extra RAM card in the computer at work the other day I've been having problems with KB pages fully loading. It's only this site that seems to be affected though.

The connection on the laptop at home hasn't been affected though.

SpankMe
21st August 2010, 17:54
Having the problem on my home PC, but not my work laptop. Tried turning off facebook connect, didn't help. :confused: Will keep looking.

SpankMe
21st August 2010, 18:08
Anybody here NOT with Telescum?

Virago
21st August 2010, 18:11
I'm with Telecom Xtra.

Edit: Got NighthawkNZ here, he's also with Xtra - has no problems on his PC.

Ocean1
21st August 2010, 18:27
I'm with Telecom Xtra.

Ditto.

Speed just on this site's slowly grinding to a halt today.

Genie
21st August 2010, 19:45
Anybody here NOT with Telescum?

hahahaha, he asks who is NOT with telescum and three people pop up and say I AM.....hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm:shutup:

pc220
21st August 2010, 21:11
Yip quite often the site is painfully slow. And I NOT with Telecon, am with Slingshot.

Grubber
21st August 2010, 22:02
I'm running compassnet and it is fast as.
No problems here thanks for asking.

Genie
22nd August 2010, 07:32
Oh mines not slow...it's fast, but the littel doodle at the bottom says it's still waiting for http://.......

then after a bit...page goes blank etc...just have to type faster and post pics faster lol, internet race track? :lol:

Eddieb
22nd August 2010, 08:56
Same here, IE8.

PAge appears to be complete but the browser says it's still trying to load something. Has been happening since the recent software upgrade.

Katman
22nd August 2010, 09:13
Is it purely coincidental that it started happening straight after installing the extra RAM card on the work computer? :scratch:

Mokadah
22nd August 2010, 10:30
I'm seeing this too on Firefox 3.6 and Chrome, and it does look like something to do with the Facebook Connect stuff at the top.

roogazza
22nd August 2010, 10:54

OS is Windows XP.

Thanks in advance.

Same problems for me, but being a computer gumby I found it hard to even describe problem. G

Mom
22nd August 2010, 11:22
What universe are the members who are having the site timing out using? I am in the Green Zone and not having any problems, but then I dont have the facebook link on my screen. The only scheme where I see the facebook logon thing in PD. Maybe this is a reason?

george formby
22nd August 2010, 12:23
Done ot to me 3 times this morning mid post:angry:

YellowDog
22nd August 2010, 12:27
Done ot to me 3 times this morning mid post:angry:

This is really annoying:

http://i209.photobucket.com/albums/bb93/andwend/timeout.jpg

Ocean1
22nd August 2010, 12:54
Dark. Not doing it only on iSpy page.

SpankMe
22nd August 2010, 13:42
Well that was a shitty one to figure out, but I think I got it with a one line code change to vBulletin. :blink:

MSTRS
22nd August 2010, 13:46
By Joves, I think you are right! I've got 'done' in the lower left corner of the page, and the load bar completes..
Well done, Sir!!

Virago
22nd August 2010, 14:00
Yay...! Thanks for that Spank.

Genie
22nd August 2010, 16:43
Well that was a shitty one to figure out, but I think I got it with a one line code change to vBulletin. :blink:

Congrats and thanking theee.....well done. Just came on and noticed it was sorted straight away. Let me buy shout you a drink....:drinkup:

Ocean1
22nd August 2010, 17:08
And Spank said it was good.

And the people saw that it was good.

Cheers dude.

onearmedbandit
22nd August 2010, 17:51
Excellent result, thanks SpankMe.

Genie
22nd August 2010, 20:36
And Spank said it was good.

And the people saw that it was good.

Cheers dude.

Eeek, you'll be giving him a God complex with that kind of talk.:shit:

Mom
22nd August 2010, 20:47
Eeek, you'll be giving him a God complex with that kind of talk.:shit:

It is already far too late to worry about that m'dear. SpankMe is his Divine Shadow :yes:

Taz
23rd August 2010, 09:26
Good job. At least it forced me to do a shit load of overdue maintenance on our 3 computers......... All is good.

Kickaha
23rd August 2010, 18:10
It is now worse than ever, sometimes I can get onto the site sometimes I can't, when I do get on I might get 5 minutes before it packs up again or I might get an hour

The browser I use doesn't matter as I tired both Firefox and IE, when it is doing it I have tried other sites which I can access no problem while KB is still trying to load

Genie
23rd August 2010, 18:17
It is now worse than ever, sometimes I can get onto the site sometimes I can't, when I do get on I might get 5 minutes before it packs up again or I might get an hour

The browser I use doesn't matter as I tired both Firefox and IE, when it is doing it I have tried other sites which I can access no problem while KB is still trying to load

Guess what....me too. Just started with that this afternoon.....aliens in the works

Kickaha
23rd August 2010, 18:27
It took me a considerable to to be able to even post that, however a bit more dicking around and it seems there is no problem with getting to just about anything on the site except threads, I can hit "new posts" and the page comes up but if I click any thread it then either doesn't load, loads incredibly slowly or takes a a few goes

Profiles, groups etc don't seem to be a problem

SpankMe
23rd August 2010, 21:16
The problem is with an incorrect content length headers when output is compressed with apache instead of vBulletin. I'll keep playing, but I'm not experiencing the problem now.

oldrider
23rd August 2010, 21:36
Thank god, I just thought it was my machine, I've been dumping stuff left right and centre trying to free it up and get some speed back!

Didn't seem to be making any difference and only really bad on KB! :confused:

Seems a lot better tonight! :mellow: Somethings changed! :shifty:

Virago
23rd August 2010, 23:40
Yeah, I've had limited access most of the day - seems fine now.

I've learnt from a couple of sources that telecom have had sporadic gremlins since yesterday, which has confused the issue.

onearmedbandit
24th August 2010, 00:03
Yeah been having the same issue since last night. Much quicker now, I can actually post.

YellowDog
24th August 2010, 06:18
The problem is with an incorrect content length headers when output is compressed with apache instead of vBulletin. I'll keep playing, but I'm not experiencing the problem now.

All good now.

Well done.

Winston001
24th August 2010, 06:47
Thanks Spank, thought I was the only one with this problem until I chanced across this thread. All good now. Using XP Pro and Firefox.

Genie
24th August 2010, 17:53

How to confuse half the world? Talk computer stuff! Thanks all going well here!

onearmedbandit
26th August 2010, 15:54
While it's not timing out as such, certain pages are not loading fully for me again. It so far seems to be only pages that show a list of threads.

Kickaha
26th August 2010, 17:48
While it's not timing out as such, certain pages are not loading fully for me again. It so far seems to be only pages that show a list of threads.

Wot he said:stupid: