PDA

View Full Version : PSP advice please

soundbeltfarm
20th August 2010, 16:53
I want to get my 2 boys a psp each and had a look on TM but what should i be looking for. there seem to be different models and different accessories so what do you people that know anything about them reakon i should be looking at getting.

Thanks

marie_speeds
20th August 2010, 16:58
I want to get my 2 boys a psp each and had a look on TM but what should i be looking for. there seem to be different models and different accessories so what do you people that know anything about them reakon i should be looking at getting.

Thanks

Not really a gamer but think that the 1000 series are first generation and then there are subsequent generations latest I think is 3000 series? You should also try EB games. They sell second hand also and can offer you more advice.

Gubb
20th August 2010, 17:04
Depends on how you want to use it.

The new (3000) models can't be hacked with modified firmwire which means you can't play "backed up" games.

pzkpfw
20th August 2010, 17:12
My PSP3000 can connect to any T.V. with a composite or component video input (with the right cable).

My son's PSP2000 can only connect to a T.V. with component input (and it matters what type (I forget the details (interlaced versus progressive and such) but two of our T.V.s let him connect and one (the one in his room, darn it) doesn't)).

Other than that, the PSP3000 also has a built-in microphone, that the PSP2000 doesn't. Never used the one in mine.

Indiana_Jones
20th August 2010, 18:51
http://www.vintagecomputing.com/wp-content/gameboy_original.jpg

-Indy