PDA

View Full Version : NZKTM gets kozy with the Katie!

Waihou Thumper
22nd August 2010, 18:27
Well, I woke nice and early, decided to give the new bike a bit of a fling around the countryside. It wasn't raining and the roads were nearly dry, that didn't matter as we were headed to the country and metal roads awaiting...:yes:
Picked up Clarkie from home and after getting a cuppa coffee and a looksie at the first half of the Tri Nations, more important things beckoned!
This was really a fuel run for the 625sxc, I wanted to see what sort of range I had riding normally...
We headed around the western hills and dodged a few black clouds unsuccessfully I might add...
It did sort of come out in the end...:sunny: but the roads were wet and slippery and some clay was to be had in places too....Yeehaa!
So....Klondyke road, we run dry....161km from home...:shit: flicked in the reserve and then we headed around to Pokeno as I knew that I didn't have enough go-juice for the round trip south...I got as far as the left hand turn and then it died...No more, nada...BUT, there was a litre left in the tank when I filled it. So, I could have tipped it and got another hundred metres...:innocent:
A successful day it was and I achieved what I wanted, the girl averaged 18-19km/litre....thirsty wench she is...:gob:
The fuel pillow, the 5 litre jerry can will give me the 300-320km range(either or) to keep up with the 990's, so that's good. I love the bike, she is great! Power, speed and light as a feather....Bestest decision made in a long while, yessiree!!

.chris
22nd August 2010, 20:10
Nice one mark, your face in the first photo says it all.
Good to see you back on the road.

Waihou Thumper
22nd August 2010, 20:13
Nice one mark, your face in the first photo says it all.
Good to see you back on the road.

The DRBig was a nice bike, couldn't afford to keep two big adventure steeds..:shit:
Orange is still my favourite colour..:)

1KTM
22nd August 2010, 20:17
yeah great ride

dino3310
22nd August 2010, 20:34
Nice one mate, nice day for it....
i spent the afternoon in the shed putting a new carb kit in the pig, ironed out the low speed hiccup and nice and smooth around town now.

dino3310
22nd August 2010, 21:30
must be good to have the plate back on a bike:yes:

Taz
22nd August 2010, 22:02
Noice!. :yes: Did my invite get lost in the mail?:angry: :lol:

Waihou Thumper
22nd August 2010, 22:06
Noice!. :yes: Did my invite get lost in the mail?:angry: :lol:

Actually, we did think of you when we stopped at the corner of Klondyke road and as it happens, out friendly cow cockie was there too...I wonder why he didn't return my wave? He had a big frikkin pig on the ute too!! dead of course...:yes:
Given the fuel situation the turn left was out of the question, so we went suburban...for a bit.

Taz
23rd August 2010, 09:29
Theres fuel at the shop at Port Waikato you know, less than 5km from the end of Klondike.......... I was working anyways :)

dino3310
23rd August 2010, 09:41
Theres fuel at the shop at Port Waikato you know, less than 5km from the end of Klondike.......... I was working anyways :)

:gob: shite i never new there was one there, but then again i havent needed to gas up there with the last 2 bikes:Punk:

Waihou Thumper
23rd August 2010, 18:29
The aim of the ride was to see my range, had I filled at Port Waikato, I wouln't have found out. The goal was to run dry, I then could fill 4 litres from the fuel pillow and carry on. I knew there wasn't a chance of getting around the loop with 4 litres - hence turned right..
There was a method in my madness...:)