PDA

View Full Version : Just made the change.

light
24th August 2010, 14:21
I made the decision to move back to a more commuter friendly bike that I could hopefully start using for a little off road riding/adventure riding.

Used to have a nice Kwaka ZX7R which was good fun. Going to and from work however starts to get rather boring in rush hour auckland traffic.

Made the decision and sold that moving into a awesome KTM 520. (had a few part changes from the 400cc to the 520) So far having a lot of fun with it. Much nice to ride during rush hour etc and safe filtering has become safe and easy filtering now.

So now to find some friendly and helpful people to take me out on some adventure riding :)

Any advise on where to go or who to go with etc would be appreciated. Is there a regular group that like to ride on nice weekends etc?

Eddieb
24th August 2010, 14:46
So you could say

wait for it......

You saw the light?

:killingme

light
24th August 2010, 14:50
well yes, I come from a farming back ground so always enjoyed the trail bikes. I also wanted to experience a big fast sports bike also though.

Yes the light is on now and the fun is already beginning. Keeping the front wheel down is more of a mission than I though it was going to be ;)

yafeetup
24th August 2010, 16:41
Good to see you brought an orange one, keeping the front wheel off the ground saves rubber.
Go get it muddy, go till there is no road, then go further

junkmanjoe
24th August 2010, 18:59
there is Chris up that ways,,,and anthrax, Cary, dino,,, will watch out for dino..he in hamihole...:shutup:

enjoy the new ride,,and some photos plzzzzzzzzzz..........:yes:

JMJ

Night Falcon
24th August 2010, 19:11
nice work.....and remember.....wheelies are good for workin those abb's :blink:

johannvr
24th August 2010, 19:51
I made the decision to move back to a more commuter friendly bike that I could hopefully start using for a little off road riding/adventure riding.

Used to have a nice Kwaka ZX7R which was good fun. Going to and from work however starts to get rather boring in rush hour auckland traffic.

Made the decision and sold that moving into a awesome KTM 520. (had a few part changes from the 400cc to the 520) So far having a lot of fun with it. Much nice to ride during rush hour etc and safe filtering has become safe and easy filtering now.

So now to find some friendly and helpful people to take me out on some adventure riding :)

Any advise on where to go or who to go with etc would be appreciated. Is there a regular group that like to ride on nice weekends etc?

I'm also out on the Norfshore & don't have too much opportunity to do the full-weekend away kinda rides, so regularly just go stuffing around by myself on a Sat or Sun morning on the metal roads (Weranui, Upper Waiwera, Krippner, Old Woodcocks, Kaipara Hills & so on) in the hills around Waitoki/Wainui/Tahekeroa & so on - often sort of up past Waiwera up to Puhoi & then northwest towards Warkworth or west towards Tauhoa/Port Albert/Tapora & such - just to get a bit of riding in when nothing bigger or more organised is happening.

I normally don't really plan it too far in advance or set off with too fixed a plan, but go where the GPS reckons there 's a road & hopefully an exit. You're always welcome to join if you want to. On average probably do between 150 & 250 kms or so on a ride.

You can PM or txt me on "0 two one - 3 5 7 - two nine two." Planning to go this coming Sun morning around 8:00 or so, but Saturday could also do.

light
25th August 2010, 09:49
johannvr - Sweet. Ill send you a txt. Could be a good weekend for a ride.

Ill get some pics up soonish :Punk:

GPS MAN
27th August 2010, 17:01
Good choice:scooter:

dino3310
27th August 2010, 22:48
mate your not gonna like ADV riding, ya get covered in dust an shit and you inhale half of that, ya fall off, ya skid a lot, farmers wave fists and curse at you as well as most townies, ya mates roost ya run you over and get in your way, ya never ride on any descent roads all ya see is coast lines and mountain ranges and its hard to pull chicks on an ADV bike.
mate your gonna LOVE it:Punk:
welcome to the to old for MX catagory :rofl: