PDA

View Full Version : I love you mum

jafar
25th August 2010, 04:11
Tonight @ 12.15 am my mum passed away, I love you mum you were the greatest . You were always there for us, you loved us even when we screwed up, you always did your best by us & for that I'm forever gratefull.
I remember great times like going to kindy when I was three or four & coming home to fresh cooked scones. Getting you to help me with my homework from school & you fixing me up after I had scraped some skin off somewhere.
Getting a P class when I was 9 years old & sailing with you watching from the beach or the boat club. Dad building a boat in the shed so we could all go sailing together, great times.
I remember my brother & I fighting in the back of the car & you nearly crashing as you tried to control two boys in the back seat & drive @ the same time, how we laughed about it years later.
Mushrooming over the farms early in the morning with Dad & coming home with a bucket full of mushrooms & how you always said how well we had done, even if we came back with only a few.
Taking you on the back of my bike when I was 16 , you must have been mad now that I look back on it.
I remember how scared I was when I was staying next door being babysat & they told me that you & Dad had been in a car crash. I was four. The waiting for news to see if I was to be an orphan, course you & dad both survived but the car was written off. Took a few years to get another one. Somehow not having a car never seems to be a disadvantage, but it make me wonder why we built a garage for a car we didn't have.
The great places we lived in, never too far from the Sea or boats, the things we took for granted then. Life was good, we never had a lot of money but that didn't seem to matter, we still had good times. We always got by .........
It never seemed to matter what we did or the mistakes we made, you were there for us & did the best you could for us no matter what we had done.
Right through to the end you were always there for us, now your gone, I love you Mum for all the things you did for us & for the love you gave us unconditionally.
Today you passed away in the hospital with your family around you, it is really hard to accept that someone that has been part of my life every day will no longer be there, there is a huge hole that can never be filled.
You were so frail when you died, so small in physical size just skin & bone really. That you died peacefully is so great, that you managed to hold on until we could all get there is appreciated too, I know it took you a great effort to hold on until your sister could get there.
we never did get back to the dentist to get your teeth fixed, guess it's too late now. Sorry Mum.
Tomorrow is sorting out the stuff that comes with your passing, it will be hard, there will be lots to do & a funeral to organize , death notices in the papers & a lot of stuff I have never had to deal with before. I'm not looking forward to it at all. Still it is a small price to pay for someone like you. I heard a theory once that babies choose their parents, if that is so then I'm so pleased that it was you that I chose. I couldn't have got this far without you & your guidance & love.
Rest in peace Mum, you have earned it.

YellowDog
25th August 2010, 04:52
Lovely tribute. Well done.

Very sorry for your loss. My mum died in 1997 and it was really tough. Your mum was only woman in the world who would give you unconditional love whether you deserve it or not.

You need some time to grieve and you shouldn't expect to feel better over night. After some time you will be able to focus on the good times (which is what you are doing)and put the bad ones (like now) out of your mind. Remember on her birthday and on important anniversaries. You'll feel better once the date she died becomes less significant.

Good luck to you and your family.

Nasty
25th August 2010, 06:04
As said a lovely tribute ... its tough when the one woman you can always count on is gone ... losing mum last year bought that home to me. Memories are the only real things that we can hold.

marie_speeds
25th August 2010, 06:24
You never realise just how much a parent means to you until they are gone. Beautiful memories to hold onto forever. Only time will take the sorrow away.

rainman
25th August 2010, 06:33
My sympathies to you. I've been through this a few times (only got two aunts left, and one's rattling the handle on death's door as we speak, the other is fighting cancer and losing...)

It's tough dealing with the grief, but sadly, nothing is permanent on this earth - even mourning - and the memories of the good times are what makes life worthwhile.

Mom
25th August 2010, 06:50
I am so sorry to read of your Mums passing Marty. Take comfort from the fact that you were there to share the last part of her lifes journey with her. Mums are very special people, we dont realise just how special until they are gone.

Take care love. Be kind to yourself, and when you are ready come up here and we can sit around and swap Mommy stories over a bevvie or 3.

Kia kaha.

DIN PELENDA
25th August 2010, 07:00
Sorry for your lost mate, reading your post make me appreciated my mum even more.

Maha
25th August 2010, 07:00
Reading through your words Marty, you must have had a great upbringing, to remember something from when you were four is amazing. Sound like you had a real fun time with your Mum while she was here. Thought your way matey.

dogsnbikes
25th August 2010, 07:23
Sorry for your loss and great you can share your thoughts:yes:

Edbear
25th August 2010, 08:28
Mothers are special and I'm very grateful my Mum is still in good health at 78. We really cherish them as we see them age. Our warmest thoughts to you and family.

My father died New Years Day 1989 and I still miss him.

shafty
25th August 2010, 08:44
Real sorry to hear about yoR Mum, Jafar - sounds like She was magic. RIP.

mashman
25th August 2010, 09:26
fond memories of lost ones always seem to bring smiles and tears, I still miss my step mum... my condolences to yourself and the rest of your family...

KiwiPhoenix
25th August 2010, 09:36
What a wonderful tribute to your mum! Sorry about your loss!

Gone Burger
25th August 2010, 10:11
So sorry to hear of your loss. May you have much love and support around you to get you through this tough time.

But what a beautiful message - made me cry, and think of my mum, my very best friend who I am lucky to still have in my every day life. Your words will touch many on here who can relate you your loss, and also those who can not understand that loss until they too have been through it. Thank you for inspiring me today

nudemetalz
25th August 2010, 10:33
Lovely tribute !!
Cherish the memories, they are something that will never leave you.

allycatz
25th August 2010, 10:42
All my sympathies matey, she had your lovely smile, hang on to the good memories and they will help you through. Big hug and look after yourself x

MSTRS
25th August 2010, 11:45
A Mum is the one person who is irreplaceable (so to speak). Yours sounded like an extra spacial one.
Sorry to hear of your loss.

Paul in NZ
25th August 2010, 12:08
Sorry for your loss mate - sounds like she was a great mother and will be greatly missed...

yungatart
25th August 2010, 15:57
What a lovely tribute, Marty...brought a tear to my eye.
Sending you my love and sympathies :hug:
She sounds extra special...

nighthawk
25th August 2010, 16:59
You have my deepest sympathy... there's no one that can replace your MUM no matter how old you are....

NZsarge
25th August 2010, 17:01
At this point I still have both my parents present but i've always said loosing either of your parents must be the one of the hardest things you'll ever have to go through so i'm very sorry to here of your mothers passing. Thankfully as you pointed out she passed peacefully with her family around her and that's about the best you can ask for.

martybabe
25th August 2010, 17:08
Very touching tribute, needless to say it bought back memories of my parents passing.
Peace mate, farewell Mum.

98tls
25th August 2010, 17:33
Sorry for your loss fella,she sounds like a wonderful mom.

Gareth51
25th August 2010, 21:08
Our thoughts are with you Marty

chanceyy
25th August 2010, 21:18
Sorry for your loss Marty, you have some wonderful memories they will make you laugh & cry, a beautifully written tribute

SMOKEU
25th August 2010, 22:01
I am very sorry for your loss. You have my deepest condolences.

Toaster
25th August 2010, 22:08
Tonight @ 12.15 am my mum passed away.

Mate I am so sorry to hear your sad news. RIP.

Catch up for a coffee soon mate.

jafar
25th August 2010, 23:23
Thank you everyone, your responses here & the text messages I have received have been fantastic, today has been a hard one.
Mum is now in the funeral home & I will be visiting her tomorrow. My brother & I have been to the funeral directors & they have been great so far. They are the same funeral directors that organized Junior's funeral so am feeling comfortable with their abilities.( Junior was a mate that died in a bike V truck crash earlier this year. R.I.P mate) & they did an exceptional job with that.
Cleaning out mums stuff from the rest home was hard, I kept expecting to see her come round the corner .The realization that she is not here anymore is sinking in.
The kids have been great, they have been helping throughout the day & we have laughed & cried all day. Memories keep coming up & we will be into another session of laughing & crying, without them here this would be so much harder that it already is.
Yesterday was my youngest daughters 19th birthday, her special day has been completely screwed up by the death of my Mum, her plans for the weekend away have also been dashed by the funeral's timing. She has taken it all very well really, she has non refundable tickets to something & will miss most of it. Her boyfriend is also staying behind with her & will miss out as well. Two exceptional young people that I'm proud to know.

Gone Burger
26th August 2010, 09:30
Yesterday was my youngest daughters 19th birthday, her special day has been completely screwed up by the death of my Mum, her plans for the weekend away have also been dashed by the funeral's timing. She has taken it all very well really, she has non refundable tickets to something & will miss most of it. Her boyfriend is also staying behind with her & will miss out as well. Two exceptional young people that I'm proud to know.

When my poppa passed away last year, the funeral was planned for the day of my 25th Birthday. I had spent my 18th birthday looking after my granny and poppa, followed by my 21st birthday, as they were starting to get on and needed a bit of TLC. And then my 25th Birthday was spent dressing my grandma, and looking after her for the day on my own, as the rest of the family were busy with preparations for the service etc. And amongst all of that, my whole family forgot that it was my birthday. But for the rest of my life, I will be so happy that I was there for here, and for my family through that time. As I am sure your daughter will be too. We can never choose the timings of these things, and its such an important time for everyone to be together, and support one another.

My poppa was my hero, and I spent 3 big birthdays with Granny and 2 with him. Family is my number one and I wouldn't have it any other way. Your daughter and her boyfriend sound very special, as did your mother.

These next few days will be very difficult indeed, but it is so warming to hear you are all laughing and crying together along the way.

All the very best, your words are very touching.

Thani-B
27th August 2010, 23:23
Sorry for your loss Marty. My thoughts are with you.

ynot slow
28th August 2010, 17:12
Thoughts with you,and the family,your kids sound bloody brilliant,tend to forget how they feel about grandparents at times.

Mind you she did teach you bad habits,Honda rider lol.

Thoughts with ya Marty,Tony and Janine.

MyGSXF
29th August 2010, 16:15
Beautiful words Marty! Thinking of you all :hug: