PDA

View Full Version : Motards at Hampton Downs

fixer
25th August 2010, 22:29
Hi all. My name's Tim Fraser. I'm a total novice when it comes to motards, but I've got some KTM wheels on my Gas Gas 300 now and I hope to get faster some time soon. As it happens I'm also currently on the AMCC executive Committee and I'm trying to get a feeling for interest in motard racing at Hampton Downs.

The first AMCC club round of the 2010-2011 season is on October 17 at Hampton Downs. There's no motard class on the bill at the moment, but I'm advised that if there's enough interest from motard racers (i.e. more than 10 riders), we might be able to get motards on the programme. HD is a fabulous track that's right on the doorstep of a lot of people in the Auckland/Hamilton region. Ask Gavin V. He's been there on his motard and loved it! I've been there several times on my old Corona GSX-R and I'm looking forward to going back.

Unfortunately, it's not cheap to hold a meeting at HD. For those who are already planning to compete in the club series in a different class, I believe that an extra bike can be raced for a nominal fee ($30 springs to mind). For the rest of us, it's a bit steeper. The word is $150 for AMCC club members ($175 for non-AMCC members) plus transponder hire if you don't have one ($30 plus GST I think).

So whaddaya think? Interested? It would be fantastic to see motards racing at Hampton Downs.

Any feedback welcome. Good, bad or indifferent. Reply to this post or PM me or email me at tdfraser@xtra.co.nz. I'll try to get the word out via some other channels in the next day or two. The more people know about this the more likely it is to happen. Happy racing.

Tim

Devil
26th August 2010, 08:31
Hopefully you'll get some interest. We usually get a few race 'tards at our HD Ride Days.

fixer
26th August 2010, 21:04
Hopefully you'll get some interest. We usually get a few race 'tards at our HD Ride Days.

Thanks. Fingers crossed. If you know any other motard riders, don't hesitate to give them my email address. Tim

quazar cox
30th January 2011, 13:10
Hi there my names Quazar Cox i live in wanganui (basically the home town of motard) there's alot of us here more than a dozen that race mx and motard all year round. We would love to push this sport much like everyone who does it so much more as its still slightly underground i guess. We would like to see it move towards true supermoto style instead of 100% seal.. Is there any chance in actually setting up hampton downs for that with a dirt section n having the tarseal less high speed? Maybe chicanesdown the straights, id bet money that if you done this along with maybe the back track at taupo and manfeild youd have almost evey keen motard rider there in a flash! Leighton Minnel who runs cemetery circuit talked to me and afew others at the tri-series about a series with a nz rank titled race they'd like to set up maybe this year or next with the back tracks of taupo and manfeild with dirt so maybe Hampton would be round 3.. great to see interest!!! cheers!