PDA

View Full Version : Daffodil Day - for the ride home.

javawocky
27th August 2010, 16:09
Attached to my bike last year, but this year will try something different...

Bit late in the day, but oh well, its for a good cause.

Gone Burger
27th August 2010, 16:36
Good on you.

Yes a wonderful cause. I support it every year as cancer took the life of a loved one a few years ago.

My flower is pinned to my leather jacket for the ride home tonight too. And my house is full of fresh daffodils this week too. :yes:

javawocky
27th August 2010, 17:54
Good on you.

Yes a wonderful cause. I support it every year as cancer took the life of a loved one a few years ago.

My flower is pinned to my leather jacket for the ride home tonight too. And my house is full of fresh daffodils this week too. :yes:

Got a few friendly looks on the way home, but man, the noise of the fan going sounds like an extra engine inside your head! Very weird trying to distinguish between the two.

ynot slow
27th August 2010, 17:55
Cheers guys,great cause.

Can remember older guys at RSA on Anzac day saying they were greatfull to people buying poppies and the monies collected,I said at time "well you guys put it on the line for a safe place we live in",the old digger was truely humbled(was late 70's).

After being there done that,got the scar,seeing the help the local cancer society gave me alone was great,not financial but just answers we had,without the donations for staff,houses for treatment etc the help would've been miniscule,so from us survivors THANK YOU,and who cares if I shout it out.:yes:

sunhuntin
27th August 2010, 19:45
had a devil of a time finding street collectors today. finally got a fake daff and sticker about 11. the collector was so grateful for my donation, small as it was. her smile and genuine delight was worth every cent, and i would have given more if i had it. one of the collection days i really do love supporting. :yes:

Hawkeye
27th August 2010, 20:01
Yeah! It's always a good cause to donate to.

However. Lunchtime today. Featherstone St. Wellington.

There were 3 collectors shaking their buckets at people as they walked past. 2 of them had the bucket in one hand and a ciggie in the other.
Sort of defeats the object somewhat.....:stoogie:

Ladydragon
28th August 2010, 14:12
Got my Daffodil at work last night and gave a small donation everyone wore them in the kitchen
always surport the cause because a family member got cancer and it came back a second time but family member is very well now.