PDA

View Full Version : My phone is phucked

SMOKEU
9th September 2010, 20:48
I've been having software issues with my Sony Ericsson W508A phone, and I've sent the phone in to Telecom to get fixed, and I have manually reset the phone software, but it's still shit. Does anyone know if I can install a different, preferably third party OS on my phone?

marty
9th September 2010, 21:10
both of my kids have these phones. they are shit. both phones are in @ telecom waiting for parts from Sony to come from Japan. We'll be getting Blackberry or Nokia phones next time.

gatch
9th September 2010, 21:38
Burn the phone.

Resort to carrier pigeons or smoke signals.

1 fire means yes, 2 fires means no.

SMOKEU
9th September 2010, 23:28
both of my kids have these phones. they are shit. both phones are in @ telecom waiting for parts from Sony to come from Japan. We'll be getting Blackberry or Nokia phones next time.

My last 3 phones have all shat themselves within a year of owning them. My previous 2 phones were a Sanyo and a Nokia.

Brian d marge
10th September 2010, 01:19
HTC desire HD

ohhh ahhh hurry up October when they will be released into my hot little hands

Good question though , you can flash Roms? on android phones ,

memory card , install , reboot ,

but what about flashing a windows phone with android ???

Stephen ( removing one windows at a time )

Urano
10th September 2010, 02:31
Does anyone know if I can install a different, preferably third party OS on my phone?

no you can't.

it sucks, even 'cause sony ericsson made one of the best proprietary os ever.
i truly think z520i was by far the best phone i ever had.
the "full soft" keys was a winning approach, but unfortunately they rapidly dismissed it.
from z750i going on they've gone back to the red/green keys and more than that the new os stability and reliability was completely fucked.

by now you can consider the x10 mini pro, with android. but i'm not at all a fan of "full touch" phones.

or, desperately, you can land on the nokia 3710: it's nice and well equipped. unfortunately nokia's proprietary os sucks. you'll have to hold your nose...