PDA

View Full Version : Hello there

Charlie
5th June 2005, 16:42
Hi everyone, here I am, a newbee both to the site and to riding. My poor Dad had two dauughters but that didnt stop him raising us on all things with engines, so FINALLY I've gotten around to getting my own bike and getting out there. Still pretty fresh but loving the experience and am eager to get some more k's under my belt. Am new also to Wellington and would love to eventully meet some people and get into some group rides. I hear TSS in the Hutt has a 250 club???
Looking forward to being part of the site.
Cheers.

Will
5th June 2005, 16:51
Welcome Charlie,

What d'ya mean, your poor Dad. He was the richer for having two darling daughters ( and I bet you can twist him around your little finger still).

Bikes are in the blood, gender doesn't count. In my family, there's myself , as well as a sister and a brother. In fact when we were out trail riding, my brother would hold us all up, including Dad. We were always waiting for him to pick up his bike and catch up with us. :Punk:

Zed
5th June 2005, 16:56
Hi everyone, here I am, a newbee both to the site and to riding. My poor Dad had two dauughters but that didnt stop him raising us on all things with engines, so FINALLY I've gotten around to getting my own bike and getting out there. Still pretty fresh but loving the experience and am eager to get some more k's under my belt. Am new also to Wellington and would love to eventully meet some people and get into some group rides. I hear TSS in the Hutt has a 250 club???
Looking forward to being part of the site.
Cheers.Welcome to KB from me Charlie. :wavey:

If you've grown up riding off road bikes you'll be sweet! I hope your road riding will be an excellent adventure.

Zed

enigma51
5th June 2005, 16:58
Welcome to the site!

Marknz
5th June 2005, 16:58
G'Day Charlie,

Welcome to the clan and I'm sure you'll find many like minded people here in the Wgtn area to ride with.

Enjoy your ride.

StoneChucker
5th June 2005, 17:31
Hiya Charlie

Welcome to KB. I'm not sure if TSS have a 250 club or not, but we have HEAPS of organised rides, and we have all sorts of bikes on each ride. You don't have to worry about being left behind, as someone will always stay with you to show you the way.

You COULD start your own 250 club too. I already have a name for you... wait for it.... Charlie's Angels :devil2: (ba doom tshhh!)

The weather's a bit crap lately, so not so many rides organised, but keep an eye on the meetings section.
Look forward to seeing you out there soon.
Dave.

PS: Where did you come from, being new to Welly?

zadok
5th June 2005, 17:55
Welcome to K.B, Charlie. What is your bike? I'm not familiar with the model. :wavey:

NC
5th June 2005, 18:07
:D Hello :pop: :nya:

GSVR
5th June 2005, 19:15
When you say your bike is Xelvis does that mean Elvis used to own it ?

VT250 huh

Glad your on the site hope to see you at a ride sometime soon.

Charlie
5th June 2005, 19:51
Hi Dave, cheers for the message... Charlies Angels ya reckon??? Hmmm!
Looking forward to taking part in the organised rides. Catch you out sometime.

Carly

Charlie
5th June 2005, 20:02
Hey Marty. Yeah the Xelvis 25V is not common, have only ever seen one other. Is pretty huge for a 250, and as eager as I am to get to the bigger bikes fast am sure this one will do me for some time. If anyone can tell me how to post a photo I can attach one of my pride and joy!

Jantar
5th June 2005, 20:09
Oh dear. How many times do I have to tell all you newbies, "Don't take up motorcycling" Its like a drug. Its addictive. I started 34 years ago and have never been able to give it up. :no:

Oh well, If you are dertermined, Then Welcome to the only means of transport where you can still have fun while you travel our roads. :niceone:

Gremlin
5th June 2005, 20:20
If anyone can tell me how to post a photo I can attach one of my pride and joy!
Below the box you type in, is a section called addtional options, click manage attachments, a box will appear, then just browse for the pictures you want to attach.

Screenshot provided below.

Charlie
5th June 2005, 20:39
Thanks Gremlin, here she is...

StoneChucker
5th June 2005, 21:18
Thanks Gremlin, here she is...
Thats a nice looking bike you have there Carly :niceone:

Gazzar
6th June 2005, 21:30
Wellcome to the KBs site :niceone:

Indiana_Jones
6th June 2005, 21:35
HARRO!

http://www.spiegel.de/img/0,1020,420060,00.jpg

-Indy

HDTboy
6th June 2005, 21:50
G'day, Thats a nice pic of your semi naked bike. I could go into the gutter but I won't :)

crashe
6th June 2005, 21:54
welcome to the site..

Yep the wellywood lot will make you very welcome...

Just check out the "events and meetings" section....
as there are always rides put up there for ya to go on.
:ride: :ride: :ride: :ride: :ride:

LB
7th June 2005, 04:50
Hi Charlie, welcome to KB.

Pop in some time and have a chat to Stew at TSS - I think his 250 rides are the first Sunday of the month? (but I'm not 100% sure on that).

Might see you one the road some time (but not while this shit weather is happening!!)

dangerous
7th June 2005, 06:13
here she is...
Welcome to KB Charlie, love the bike cool colour too, its like a VT250 aye but way sweeter, I was suprised to see a V2 in it most bikes now days are mulities....... but you know better, '4's belong in cars' :Punk:

thehollowmen
7th June 2005, 10:24
Welcome to the madhouse.
Try not to pay any attention to the seedy people here.
Have fun :ride:

Jonty
7th June 2005, 11:51
Welcome

TSS have a 250 ride the first sunday of each month. I have only managed to get on one, but they are great for new riders.

Have fun :niceone:

toads
7th June 2005, 15:33
welcome along Charlie, I hope those welly kbers are treating you nicely

sels1
7th June 2005, 21:10
Hi Charlie, welcome aboard the site. Nice bike.

Biff
7th June 2005, 22:40
Welcome :niceone:

Velox
8th June 2005, 13:30
Always good to have another Wgtn lass on board! Welcome along!

bear
8th June 2005, 13:40
Hello and welcome!

Matt Bleck
8th June 2005, 20:16
Good on ya Charlie. :niceone: