PDA

View Full Version : My R6 contains so much awesome that it blew the end cap clean off the exhaust.

Dave-
15th September 2010, 16:52
some people ask me "Dave, what is it like owning a motorcycle so powerful that it blows the exhaust to pieces?"

and I explain, everytime, that it is "fuckin' awesome"

avgas
15th September 2010, 16:54
Must have been terrifying. I noticed you pulled out the deck chair to have a little sit down after the awesome blew you away.

avgas
15th September 2010, 16:55
Its so awesome it also blew off your footpeg

imdying
15th September 2010, 17:19
That would be the man upstairs telling you to fit an aftermarket can :yes:

onearmedbandit
15th September 2010, 18:43
That would be the man upstairs telling you to fit an aftermarket can :yes:

Mr Tennerman in number 24?

bogan
15th September 2010, 18:46
so awesome it blew gunk all over your shock too! wait, thats not awesome at all, gunk is bad :wacko:

so was it a backfire? or just back pressure, either way, aftermarket straight through can ftw!

puddytat
15th September 2010, 20:32
Nah, it'll be 'cause of the rangi exhaust job some munter did to it....;):whistle:

dogsnbikes
15th September 2010, 21:02
some people ask me "Dave, what is it like owning a motorcycle so powerful that it blows the exhaust to pieces?"

and I explain, everytime, that it is "fuckin' awesome"

cripes Its got tubes:crazy:

nutjob
15th September 2010, 21:08
Oh my god! I have 900cc and twin pipes.... so that must mean my bike is going to leave a mushroom cloud when they blow! :gob:

Dave-
16th September 2010, 01:09
Nah, it'll be 'cause of the rangi exhaust job some munter did to it....;):whistle:

haha this man has the true answer.

it's been slowly working its way loose, I should really have replaced it with something racier sooner but didn't.

recently I've grown a pair and started operating the engine between 10,000 and 13,000rpm so i suspect the added oomf just pushed it off....

the reason for the gunk is a burn out and I ran out of brake cleaner to get the shit off.

and the reason for the missing peg is kind of 2 stories told at the same time....

last week I got a txt from a mate wo rides a harley, asking if I wanted to help out with some promo work for a local bar which was hosting an upcoming model competition, all I'd have to do is ride around a few chch bars with a model on the back and she'd go do promo work.

Models? fuck yes I'll help.

So i bolt the pegs and pillion seat on, I didnt have time to fumble around with the ball bearing and spring loaded fuck off system that the right hand footpeg used, so just put the peg in and let it rattle.

The night rolls around and it pisses down with rain, we find the meeting place up the steepest, greasiest, most poorly lit street on the only fucking hill in christchurch....kind of mill around for a bit looking for the place...then 15 harleys show up....

my friend had forgotten to tell me that rolling thunder had been invited....fuckin great....

We get into the house and meet the girls, I'm appropriared with a tall blonde slim sexy thing and she loves sports bikes, well by the time we got back downstairs to the bikes she'd swapped bikes twice.

I look into the rain and decide it's probably alright, cause she's wearing fuck all protection, it's still pissing down and I havent taken a pillion in months.

after that I just got soaked riding to 2 bars and being the sportsbike rider...

so today I went for my wee ride and the rattling of the peg was driving me spare, it was like a bell....so I whipped it off and it's under the seat, I'll take care of the other hanger and gunk and have a go at refitting the exhaust tomorrow....today....whenever you read this.