PDA

View Full Version : Wanted to borrow: Trailer for 4 bikes.

krad_nz
15th September 2010, 22:31
Like the title says.
Want to borrow a 4 bike trailer this Sat, can return on Sunday.
We're in Auckland, North shore. :scooter:

Trailer is going to be used on a sandy surface, aka beach. :Oops:

B0000M
16th September 2010, 18:57
ill sell you one, then you can tow in on the beach all you like :)

buffstar
17th September 2010, 07:06
Why not fork out to hire one? they're not much depending on where you go

SpikedPunch
17th September 2010, 10:03
Can't seem to find anything right, everything is either too small or a giant car transporter. I started a thread a few weeks back asking what a good size would be for towing four bikes, one reply, 8x6, can't seem to find anything that size...Driving me bonkers cause we need it for tomorrow so a friend whose visiting from the states can ride with us. Otherwise we'll have to share bikes :(

L Rider
17th September 2010, 10:42
Can't seem to find anything right, everything is either too small or a giant car transporter. I started a thread a few weeks back asking what a good size would be for towing four bikes, one reply, 8x6, can't seem to find anything that size...Driving me bonkers cause we need it for tomorrow so a friend whose visiting from the states can ride with us. Otherwise we'll have to share bikes :(

You sure you can't fit them on your guys trailer? your is a pinto isn't it, same as ours. John manages to get alot of bikes on ours. Can they not go on with 2 frontways & 2 in reverse?
What about adjusting handlebars to fit - we've done that many a times.

SpikedPunch
17th September 2010, 10:46
Hmm, dunno, three is a squeeze and that's with one facing backwards? Part of me is hoping against hope if we take the wheel choks off we could fit four on, but I dunno if it's gonna happen without bikes leaning over the edge in kind of a dangerous way...

L Rider
17th September 2010, 10:57
Hmm, dunno, three is a squeeze and that's with one facing backwards? Part of me is hoping against hope if we take the wheel choks off we could fit four on, but I dunno if it's gonna happen without bikes leaning over the edge in kind of a dangerous way...

When we got ours made John got it made slightly bigger (def length ways & i think width 2) than the std that they do. Maybe thats where the difference is???

vr4king
17th September 2010, 11:20
I have seen guys have one bike on the drawbar of the trailer sitting in a channel but maybe you could fashion something up with the same idea in mind

So you have 3 running long ways and one over the drawbar at 90deg to the others

SpikedPunch
17th September 2010, 11:22
When we got ours made John got it made slightly bigger (def length ways & i think width 2) than the std that they do. Maybe thats where the difference is???

Probably eh :) We only were looking for a two bike trailer when Krad got it, seems this dirtbiking stuff is contagious though :)

nutjob
17th September 2010, 11:23
Only if I can borrow your bikes for my trailer sometime.... :whistle:

L Rider
17th September 2010, 11:42
Probably eh :) We only were looking for a two bike trailer when Krad got it, seems this dirtbiking stuff is contagious though :)

Haha when we got ours it was brought for garden/home type use & 1 kids quad! John actually got made bigger so it would have a certain amount of gravel/dirt. These days it just gets used for the bikes.

that drawer bar idea - we did that but just for the wee quad so much easier to sort.

We're going away this arvo with the bikes so can't even offer our trailer to try

SpikedPunch
17th September 2010, 13:21
I emailed them a few days back and never heard anything, but just before got a call from a nice man at Macentee hire, he's sorted me something! Luckily he rides himself so he knew what I was after :niceone:

L Rider
20th September 2010, 10:40
I emailed them a few days back and never heard anything, but just before got a call from a nice man at Macentee hire, he's sorted me something! Luckily he rides himself so he knew what I was after :niceone:

Well that was might fine timing:niceone: glad you got it sorted & even better he rides so knew exactly what you needed.

SpikedPunch
20th September 2010, 20:21
Yeah, it worked out great! He even spotted us with his trailer at the sandpit and came over and said hi :) Yay Macentee. Our American friend had a good time too, did well for only his second time on a dirtbike. We took him on some small stuff near the old carpark etc, and for our last time out took him on the farm loop which I think gave him the shits a bit with the big drop on the side, but he held up alright :D
MX track was really fun and packed down that day. Must play on that more when it's been rainy.

L Rider
20th September 2010, 21:01
Yeah, it worked out great! He even spotted us with his trailer at the sandpit and came over and said hi :) Yay Macentee. Our American friend had a good time too, did well for only his second time on a dirtbike. We took him on some small stuff near the old carpark etc, and for our last time out took him on the farm loop which I think gave him the shits a bit with the big drop on the side, but he held up alright :D
MX track was really fun and packed down that day. Must play on that more when it's been rainy.

Sounds like a very cool day.
John & I went on the mx track after it had heaps of rain - well it was far from packed down lol. It was a bloody mission to ride on & massive puddles haha. Good workout riding that track though