PDA

View Full Version : motorcycle accident Fri night Te Atatu Pen

surfchick
6th June 2005, 11:42
does anyone know the rider in the motorcycle accident 7.00pm just opposite the BP in te atatu pen last fri night. looked like a silver sedan turned accross the motorcycles path trying to get into the side street. the guy's bike was wedged vertically into the ground somehow. rider had a maroon helmet i think and a pack-rack on the bike, older guy, biggish bike.. i think...they took ages to get him into the amublance. i was frieking that it might have been someone from here- from the dinner the other night? anyone know him-or if he is OK?

it was a bad night for accidents, just round the road from my place someone in a car missed the corner and ploughed straight through someone's brick wall into their front garden...

johnsf1980
6th June 2005, 12:34
That doesnt sound good at all.... I wish I would stop hearing about all these motorcycle accidents :no: :no: :no: :no:

crashe
6th June 2005, 14:54
Surfchick.... not anyone that I can think of as to who it could be.....

Hope he is ok thou.

ManDownUnder
6th June 2005, 15:06
Just glad it wasn't you - I saw the thread and opened it... then I see you're the author - not the subject... DOH (in a glad kind of way)

MDU

surfchick
6th June 2005, 15:16
hey MDU-
i did friek out as i drove past just after it happened. I'd never seen a motorcycle crash before and the rider was still on the ground & it all looked pretty bad. as i walked up to the rider i thought i hope its not kwaka kid or led or any of the other peninsula crew. it was pouring with rain that nightand after seeing what was left of fhis bike i did have a moment of wondering why i am riding- since it had to have been a 60kph crash max, and his bike was mangled. makes me want to attach astro-turf lights, hunting spotlights etc to the front of my bike. car driver looked totally at fault. i just wish everyone would ease up a bit in the rain.

Joni
6th June 2005, 15:20
Yeah, it happened at the entrance to my road... :(
I hope he is ok.