PDA

View Full Version : Near mint condition 2002 Yamaha R6

R6_kid
24th September 2010, 23:55
Near mint condition - only slight scuffing on tail fairing which is only noticeable up close. Completely factory standard except for tail tidy and 'micro' indicators. The motor fires up nice and easy and purrs like new, has proven to be a very smooth ride compared to my TRX! I was going to have this as road bike once my TRX was converted to a track bike but it now looks like I'm not going to be spending much/any time in NZ for the next 6-12 months so I'm selling it and shipping my TRX to Australia instead.

Will have brand new tyres when sold as well as three months rego and a fresh WOF. Oil and filter change just done, fresh fluid in the brakes, fork oil getting changed this week. Worry free summer riding!

A very tidy example of this reliable and capable 600cc sportsbike - a good step up for a recently graduated full licence rider.

PM to come check it out.
I'm on the North Shore in Auckland.

Will be going on TradeMe soon.

R6_kid
29th September 2010, 17:42
bump - pics uploaded.

Has brand new Michelin Pilot Road 2CT's just fitted today.

http://www.trademe.co.nz/Trade-Me-Motors/Motorbikes/Motorbikes/Sports/auction-321207688.htm

Posted on TradeMe. $6600 as is, $8000 buy now with 1yrs rego.

Scouse
30th September 2010, 00:54
Price is a bit OTT for an 8 year old R6 dont you think?

Maha
30th September 2010, 17:51

I got $8 Grand for my 98' YZF 600 and it was eight years old :corn:

Mental Trousers
30th September 2010, 18:11

32,000 on the clock, new tyres .... doesn't seem over the top to me.

R6_kid
30th September 2010, 18:59

Have a look on trademe for the same model and then you tell me. It's the cheapest by a fair bit for what it is. Also much better than a number of bikes that I saw at the bike shops on Barrys Point Road going for the same price.

More to the point, come and see it and you tell me what it's worth.

Crazy Steve
30th September 2010, 19:06
Have a look on trademe for the same model and then you tell me. It's the cheapest by a fair bit for what it is. Also much better than a number of bikes that I saw at the bike shops on Barrys Point Road going for the same price.

More to the point, come and see it and you tell me what it's worth.

I wouldn't use trade me to gauge the price of your bike as none of them are selling !

For $8k I would want a 2year old GSXR600/R6/CBR600 with less than 20kms...I would say your bike to sell is $5.5k MAX

Crazy Steve.

R6_kid
30th September 2010, 19:29
I wouldn't use trade me to gauge the price of your bike as none of them are selling !

For $8k I would want a 2year old GSXR600/R6/CBR600 with less than 20kms...I would say your bike to sell is $5.5k MAX

Crazy Steve.

2yr old 600's are going for $11k+, but we all know you're only here to stir shit up. I've already had interest to view it at the current listed price so I'm not fussed about what deals you've scored when people are in need of a quick sale.

Crazy Steve
30th September 2010, 20:09
2yr old 600's are going for $11k+, but we all know you're only here to stir shit up. I've already had interest to view it at the current listed price so I'm not fussed about what deals you've scored when people are in need of a quick sale.

Your right ! And best of luck with your sale...:yes:

However times are seroiusly tough ! ! !

The 2008 KLX450R ive been trying to sell at the moment is only 2years old and the offers ive been getting is $3k.....RRP for the 2009 KLX450R $12495 ! !

So im currently recieveing offers of less than 22% of the new price ! !

Sooooo as I said times are tough and EVERYONE wants a bargin !

Crazy Steve.

oldguy
30th September 2010, 20:21
Your right ! And best of luck with your sale...:yes:

However times are seroiusly tough ! ! !

The 2008 KLX450R ive been trying to sell at the moment is only 2years old and the offers ive been getting is $3k.....RRP for the 2009 KLX450R $12495 ! !

So im currently recieveing offers of less than 22% of the new price ! !

Sooooo as I said times are tough and EVERYONE wants a bargin !

Crazy Steve.
I swap you for a nice WR250, one oldguy owner, you know its not been thrashed.

Crazy Steve
30th September 2010, 20:31
I swap you for a nice WR250, one oldguy owner, you know its not been thrashed.

If your WR could be road registered John I would say yes....

Looking for something Luana can scoot around on and I can do a little bit of off roading..

Crazy Steve.

Crazy Steve
30th September 2010, 22:09
http://www.trademe.co.nz/Trade-Me-Motors/Motorbikes/Motorbikes/Tourers/auction-320900775.htm

Here an example of how a 8year old bike is worth.

New price maybe $35k ? ?

Now from a dealer $8k ! ! !

Crazy Steve.

Gremlin
30th September 2010, 22:29
Odometer is in miles Steve, so it's just over 60,000km...

Crazy Steve
30th September 2010, 22:33
Odometer is in miles Steve, so it's just over 60,000km...

Your right.....But the RRP on that BMW would of been twice the RRP on the R6.

I would have a 60km BMW anyday of the year...But a 35km R6 No thanks ! ! !

Crazy Steve.

Crazy Steve
30th September 2010, 22:40
I hope R6KID sells his bike and i wish him all the best with his sale..

And I will leave this thread at this.....If everyone prices there bikes off prices that they find off trade me where does it all end ? ?

I recently saw a 30Year old XR500 sell for $3500 on Trademe...That bike was never worth $3500 and will never be worth $3500 ! !

Its just a motorbike you are trying to sell..MOST are crashed and all are TRASHED and the Japs have been pumping them out there factories since the 1970's at huge numbers per year......And the fact is not many people even ride them..:angry:

Crazy Steve.

Sensei
30th September 2010, 23:19
Hey Steve near brought that bike myself , just paid 4k for my 1979 TT500 matching numbers with 2k of Ohlins shocks , new chian sprockets , motard front rim , Reg /Wof , fat Alloy bars new BT45 tyres spare set of tyres another front rim with new tyre on it . This is my 6th TT/XT 500 & they where never 4k or the 8+k I have seen people asking for them but they are selling more so than the new Jappa stuff & they are like mine 31 ys old !!

Maha
1st October 2010, 05:52
http://www.trademe.co.nz/Trade-Me-Motors/Motorbikes/Motorbikes/Tourers/auction-320900775.htm

New price maybe $35k ? ?

Crazy Steve.

That bike of mine I talked of earlier? it was on trademe with a reserve of 7.5K.
The bidding halted at about 6.9 from memory but a bloke had already offered me $7k about three days before auction ended. I said no, so he offered the 7.5 on the spot, I said its your at that price if it isnt sold by auctions end. He called me on the last day of the auction and offered me $8 thousand for it. Like I said, it didnt even reach $7K on trademe. So anything is worth what someone is willing to pay for it.

Rich Maha

R6_kid
2nd October 2010, 10:22
And I will leave this thread at this.....If everyone prices there bikes off prices that they find off trade me where does it all end ?

Where else would you expect that I should get a price estimate for my bike? It's not in any other market so it would be dumb of me to price it any other way wouldn't it. If prices on TradeMe are too high then nothing sells and eventually the prices will come down. TM is probably the best gauge of pricing for a number of second hand items in NZ.

Crazy Steve
2nd October 2010, 14:37
Where else would you expect that I should get a price estimate for my bike? It's not in any other market so it would be dumb of me to price it any other way wouldn't it. If prices on TradeMe are too high then nothing sells and eventually the prices will come down. TM is probably the best gauge of pricing for a number of second hand items in NZ.

And if you truly think that your an Idiot ! ! !

Crazy Steve.

MsKABC
2nd October 2010, 14:42

Crazy Steve.

I think you meant to say "...you're an idiot!"

Just sayin'... :bleh:

R6_kid
2nd October 2010, 16:14

Crazy Steve.

Thanks for your helpful input. I was hoping you would point me in the right direction of where I could obtain information as to what a more realistic price was, or perhaps something substantial to back up what you believe and say you think it is really worth. :facepalm::corn:

gazmascelle
2nd October 2010, 16:33
used to have the same model R6 with well over 50,000km on it. Fucken excellent bike. At this price id be keen if i were looking to buy

tigertim20
2nd October 2010, 16:37

New price maybe $35k ? ?

Crazy Steve.

but your example is of a big, heavy, ugly piece of shit.
R6kid's price is fair i my eyes, and i know someone looking for an R6 at the momment, as a matter of fact, would you be prepared to drop it into a mechanic for an aa inspection, and help arrange transport to dunedin via biketranz??? would want n inspection, as unein to you is a long way to go just to have a wee look!!

as for crazy steves idea of value, well, clearly the bmw you showed us is a bike you want, so its worth more to you than to someone like me, who would never want it.
anyone in the market for an R6 will see the price on it as fair, clearly you arent interested in the bike, so why not fuck off, and let the guy spend his time with people who might actually be interested in purchasing it?

Its value will be clear upon sale, the maket will decide its price.

R6_kid
6th October 2010, 23:08
This bike is now for sale at Henderson Yamaha, located at 133 Wairau Road in Glenfield. Finance is available through Yamaha Motor Finance to approved purchasers.

The bike now has 5mths rego.