PDA

View Full Version : Guzzi V7 Racer

Big Dave
25th September 2010, 22:22
http://kiwiridermagazine.blogspot.com/2010/09/moto-guzzi-v7-racer.html

willytheekid
25th September 2010, 22:31
ohhhh god yes!

I want one!!....typical guzzi, classic, sexy and simple. PERFECT!

Thanks for posting this :2thumbsup

AllanB
26th September 2010, 00:29
You had me for a moment there Dave, a desirable piece of motorcycle - then I read the following:

Maximum power: 35.5 kW (48.8 hp) at 6,800 rpm
Maximum torque: 54.7 Nm at 3,600 rpm

Lets face it - it will probably cost $5,000 more than a new Bonneville - may as well get the Bonnie (20 odd more hp and more torque @ 69Nm) and personalise it - you'd still have thousands left for tyres, rego and a cool Triumph jacket.

Typical Italians - all style.

Why do all the makers insist on retro being gutless?

What they should have done is stuck the Griso 800cc engine in it and then supercharged it. :Punk:

Big Dave
26th September 2010, 02:15
Blah blah. Some of the best fun I've had lately has been on 20 horsepower machines.

The V7 is a joy to ride - unlike its specification sheet.

My favourite Guzzi.

Sounds like a game show.

dangerous
26th September 2010, 07:34
You had me for a moment there Dave, a desirable piece of motorcycle - then I read the following:

Lets face it - it will probably cost $5,000 more than a new Bonneville - may as well get the Bonnie (20 odd more hp and more torque @ 69Nm) and personalise it - you'd still have thousands left for tyres, rego and a cool Triumph jacket.

Typical Italians - all style.

What they should have done is stuck the Griso 800cc engine in it and then supercharged it. :Punk:

AHHHHH... but have you ever ridden a V50 even a V35 through the hills? tell ya this even with their 33.6hp to 45hp a big block wont loose one, its about the package deal.

But the super charged 800, nice idea and in ceeping with Guzzi as they super charged damn near from the start.

I like it, no tourer but a farking cool sunday arvo scoot.

Ghost_Bullet
26th September 2010, 08:43
Yea that is nice and I deffinatly would. Guzzi just has a Thang!

nutjob
26th September 2010, 08:49
Yeah love it! Still not as cool as the early 70's models though

Ghost_Bullet
26th September 2010, 09:21
Yeah love it! Still not as cool as the early 70's models though

Funny ya say... New bikes may be awesome, but there is a certain great awesomeness with the classic, "Real" bikes that paved the way for the ones we see today. I would love to have a much older classic steed in the garage, be it Guzzi, an ole Indian, something with a side car set up would be wicked also.

http://commondatastorage.googleapis.com/static.panoramio.com/photos/original/5304599.jpg

Kickaha
26th September 2010, 09:32

Hp and torque have very little to do with how much fun you can have on a bike like that

You sound like you're well suited to a Honda :bleh:

AllanB
26th September 2010, 13:26
Hp and torque have very little to do with how much fun you can have on a bike like that

You sound like you're well suited to a Honda :bleh:

Yeah yeah, been there done that - spend 23 years riding a 55hp twin.

Don't worry mate - Honda has pissed me off too with their new 'retro' CB1000 thingy coming out. Gutless - pays homage to all the early Honda 4's visually, however they forgot that when their first 750/4 and following big bore 4's came out that they are honouring that they were actually very fast bikes for the time.

Look here's the guts - I really like the style/look etc - but fark me it is 2010 and the bike should be pumping out a shit load more - jeepers a Suzuki Gladioli V twin will roger the heck out of it, and probably out handle it on a trip to Akaroa as it has a steering head angle grafted off a Harley.

And it is called a 'Racer' so I'm entitled to expect it to at least be a seriously warmed over version of their 750 engine. Alas no.

Retro does not have to mean gutless.

I'm winning the 20 mill Lotto Powerball next weekend - I'll start with a new big bore Guzzi and lovingly craft it into a proper version of that little sweetie - expect it to have some kick arse attitude too, and batten down your windows as I expect to crack a few when passing - you know that punch-in-the-gut feeling you get when a loud big-bore Guzzi flys past you with ease when you thought you were riding fast. :Punk:

There is always the chance that my 'perfect' retro bike would end up like that Simpsons episode when Homer designed a car .......

Bren
26th September 2010, 14:45
It has a seriously good look...I like it...just the thing for a fun fang over the Paekakariki hill

eelracing
26th September 2010, 14:54

Possibly worth a thread of it's own???

My take is if a manufacturer is gonna stick "sport" in it's propaganda and serve up a wheezy and let's be quite frank overweight retro then they deserve the drubbing it'll get.

I actually love the look and sound of Guzzi engines but for all it's tradition it has been guilty of turning this kind of pap out too bloody often of late.

slowpoke
26th September 2010, 15:41
Hmmmm as eelracing said, it's an interesting jigger, and I could kinda live with the hp (or lack of) if they'd "added" some light-ness to compensate but it's ferkin' heavy for so little grunt. And those tyre sizes are gonna rule out decent rubber.

In isolation it'd be fun, buuuuut "king of the cafe's" wouldn't balance out "tail end charlie" when riding with your mates.

dangerous
26th September 2010, 17:11
In isolation it'd be fun, buuuuut "king of the cafe's" wouldn't balance out "tail end charlie" when riding with your mates.
You'd be suprised, only MG owners will know what I mean... charlie it wont be, hp as Kickaha says means SFA

Yeah yeah, been there done that - spend 23 years riding a 55hp twin.
But not a Guzzi I bet... I to have spent many a K on a 48hp twin, fuking big and heavy, imbrassesd many a big bike including several that arsed off trying (FZR600, Z1R, XJ900) and yep I was on a bloody CX500.

but fark me it is 2010 and the bike should be pumping out a shit load moreTrue and it is disapointing but typical MG, gota use up all them aging spear parts 1st.

you know that punch-in-the-gut feeling you get when a loud big-bore Guzzi flys past you with ease when you thought you were riding fast. :Punk:...... NO!

Kickaha
26th September 2010, 17:32
And those tyre sizes are gonna rule out decent rubber.

Nothing wrong with the rubber it comes with and I'd say the BT45 would be available as well which are both "decent rubber"