PDA

View Full Version : My beautiful '95 1100 sport: Offers of interest. Start price $?

willytheekid
29th September 2010, 21:13
This breaks my heart to do this :crybaby:...but here goes.
My Georgeous 95 1100 sport might have to go, My partner and I have just had a child (Ryder) and I am struggling with the fact we need a bigger car and I have this $10000 beauty in use daily.

She comes with-
41mm FCR carbs,with Stealth Racing Tech fuel screws and AP2 AP pump covers.
FULL termignoni single skin race pipes & mufflers,
New 98 clutch plates & Intermidiate plate,
New brake shoes,
spare set of bridgstone tyres (for summer),Brand new rear & near new front
soft panniers & Silver Tank bag
the elusive hard rear cowl!,
spare muffler mounts (for single seat setup),
has a set of SP1/F4 mirrors for better vis behind.
And much more!

She's not perfect (But pritty damn close!) as she recently took some damage in the quake, so has some cracks and dents in the paint work etc (fibreglass...easy to fix!) but not that noticable.
But find a sexier sport...I dare ya! this bike goes VERY well and turns heads everywhere she goes...this is a VERY special sport! as its a conversion model, with 96 fairing, 320mm disks (95 had 300mm) upgraded shocks and extra frame bracing, there arn't many sports like this one world wide!, previous owner was a collector in Dunners and he imported it from a collector in Japan (who didn't look after her very well...hence all the work I have done to her).

this ad is just "testing the waters" as it be, because I may still decide to keep her.
No Test pilots, tyre kickers or learners need reply....she requires a stiff hand (and strong left clutch hand!)

I would like to see her go to a guzzi collector or enthusiast-she deserves that much.

PM me if your interested or know a Guzzi collector that might be

For More pictures, check out my profile!
:bye:

nudemetalz
29th September 2010, 21:33
Oh you poor bugger !!!!!!!!!!!!:facepalm::shit:

I hope that beautiful piece of Guzzi goes to a good and deserving home.

willytheekid
29th September 2010, 21:41

Cheers nude, I hope so to...I absolutly LOVE this bike...and have poured alot of money and effort into her....hopefully I can find a way to keep her, shes not perfect (damn earth quake!) but as sports go....she's easily one of the best in the country (I may be biased...but still....one ride is all it would take)

Gibbo89
29th September 2010, 21:43
mate, if you have to sell her. will you downgrade to something cheaper in cost/maintenance?

she is one cool looking bike.

nudemetalz
29th September 2010, 21:45
I thought about an 1100 Sport once til I realised you need a Terminator robot arm to operate the clutch and they are even more tempermental around town than the V11 Sport!!!
(Well the one I test-rode)

Upon saying that though, I am not trying to kill your sale as they are very collectible now and gettiing quite rare.

willytheekid
29th September 2010, 21:49
mate, if you have to sell her. will you downgrade to something cheaper in cost/maintenance?

she is one cool looking bike.

If I have to sell her I will prob grab a 500 or 650 guzzi :msn-wink:....there just so reliable and easy to maintaine...LOVE Guzzi's!:love:

willytheekid
29th September 2010, 21:53
I thought about an 1100 Sport once til I realised you need a Terminator robot arm to operate the clutch and they are even more tempermental around town than the V11 Sport!!!
(Well the one I test-rode)

Upon saying that though, I am not trying to kill your sale as they are very collectible now and gettiing quite rare.

LOL, your right about the terminator arm...mine has a new 98 clutch with the "stiffer" spring kit!....engages like a freight train & no slip AT ALL! but DAMN! my left arm is gettin big lol (I can crack walnuts with two fingers lol)
And yeah, there very tempermental around town....but fun this big comes at a cost :yes:

nudemetalz
29th September 2010, 21:53
If I have to sell her I will prob grab a 500 or 650 guzzi :msn-wink:....there just so reliable and easy to maintaine...LOVE Guzzi's!:love:

I heard a trick, if you get a V65 Lario (4V) replace the valves with GN250 (yes GN !!) ones as they are the same and are heaps better. Apparently the Guzzi ones give problems.

willytheekid
29th September 2010, 22:13
I heard a trick, if you get a V65 Lario (4V) replace the valves with GN250 (yes GN !!) ones as they are the same and are heaps better. Apparently the Guzzi ones give problems.

Good tip! GN...who'd thought eh (I like the V65 lario's...and 500 monza's)
Hopefully I can beg to my bank manager and get a nice loan to cover the car issue, and I can then keep the sport...forever!

Scouse
29th September 2010, 22:20
That is probably the nicest Guzzi I have seen I dont normaly compliment Guzzi's but you just can't hide the fact that that is a stand out bike.

nudemetalz
29th September 2010, 22:21
Good tip! GN...who'd thought eh (I like the V65 lario's...and 500 monza's)
Hopefully I can beg to my bank manager and get a nice loan to cover the car issue, and I can then keep the sport...forever!

Do try and keep it. A Monza or Lario as good as they are isn't your beauty !!
I've been told by the guys at Scooterazzi not to sell my V11 as I won't find a replacement for it.

cs363
29th September 2010, 22:22

My thoughts exactly nude, but better still let's hope he comes up with a cunning plan that means it can stay with it's current owner.
Good luck with hopefully keeping it, or if it really must go, with finding a good home willy! :)

willytheekid
29th September 2010, 22:39
My thoughts exactly nude, but better still let's hope he comes up with a cunning plan that means it can stay with it's current owner.
Good luck with hopefully keeping it, or if it really must go, with finding a good home willy! :)

That is probably the nicest Guzzi I have seen I dont normaly compliment Guzzi's but you just can't hide the fact that that is a stand out bike.

Thanks guys.....gettin all teary thinkin about lettin her go to be honest.
But I will not! sell this bike to just anybody or a "shop"...she will either go to a good home or I WILL find some way to keep her, and still get my partner & Ryder a bigger & safer car (we have a two door toyota...bit hard to fit a baby seat in ay).
Thanks for the kind words & understanding everyone

dangerous
1st October 2010, 05:05
Cheers nude, I hope so to...I absolutly LOVE this bike...and have poured alot of money and effort into her....hopefully I can find a way to keep her
WEll... DUH, theres ya answer Willy

Fark me you can pick up a suitable cage for the family for SFA, so put the bike rego on hold for a year and sneak it out every month, where thers a 'will theres a way'
Ya freaking out for no reason ;)

nudemetalz
1st October 2010, 11:57
My opinion ????

DON'T SELL IT, DON'T SELL IT, DON'T SELL IT, DON'T SELL IT, DON'T SELL IT, DON'T SELL IT, DON'T SELL IT, DON'T SELL IT, DON'T SELL IT, DON'T SELL IT !!

Have I made myself clear?

Cut a hole in the car roof to make an open top to get junior in and out :yes:

Dodgyiti
1st October 2010, 13:50

Fark me you can pick up a suitable cage for the family for SFA, so put the bike rego on hold for a year and sneak it out every month, where thers a 'will theres a way'

Exactly!
$1500 will get you a late 1990's Toymotor Corona with airbags and a towbar for the bike trailer- speaking from experience because I just did that 2 weeks ago;)
Market prices for 1100 Sports are really low too, even though your's is quite special ten grand is aiming a wee bit too high IMHO - better to hang onto it.
I like the looks of the Sport too, bloody sexy machines, too fast for me though:shutup:

willytheekid
1st October 2010, 20:46
Exactly!
$1500 will get you a late 1990's Toymotor Corona with airbags and a towbar for the bike trailer- speaking from experience because I just did that 2 weeks ago;)
Market prices for 1100 Sports are really low too, even though your's is quite special ten grand is aiming a wee bit too high IMHO - better to hang onto it.
I like the looks of the Sport too, bloody sexy machines, too fast for me though:shutup:
Ten Grand is what she owes me, not the sell price. And the ad is only for expressions of interest, or I WILL keep her (I want to..believe me). as for a cheap car, that is only one hurdle I have to cross.

My opinion ????

DON'T SELL IT, DON'T SELL IT, DON'T SELL IT, DON'T SELL IT, DON'T SELL IT, DON'T SELL IT, DON'T SELL IT, DON'T SELL IT, DON'T SELL IT, DON'T SELL IT !!

Have I made myself clear?

Cut a hole in the car roof to make an open top to get junior in and out :yes:
I hear ya (nearly deaf after reading that lol)...and have Hack saw at the ready lol

see above- and for the record...Willy NEVER! freaks out, been around the block to many times for that, and the Rego...waaay ahead of ya there (unlike on the road...speedy:scooter:lol), put mine on hold the day before the cost increase-screw ACC!! they get 6months rego per year out of me (that way Im still paying my share).

Some of the reasons I am looking for "expressions of interest" is because "PhatGirl" is my main mode of transport (I don't like cars!..can drive...but DONT feel comfy behind a "wheel"), and as I am using her everyday for transport into town and back the K's are clocking up and Im thinking of the running costs and maintenance involved....great bike! and I want to keep her, but just keeping my options open due to being down to one income in the house and wanting to give my son & missus the best I can afford, my partner even wants me to keep the bike (bless her!) but there are other factors involved.
Hence this ad for "expressions of interest"...if a collector or enthusiast wants to pay top dollar for a Beautiful example of a sport 1100 with LOTS of addons and a strong engine....I will seriously consider selling her, But as previously stated-I will NOT sell this bike for cheap or to just anyone!
Im just testing the waters with the best online bike community in NZ, and checking all my options (as well as bank loan extensions, buggin work for a pay rise and selling my missus into slavery..wait...no!-scratch that last one)

willytheekid
4th October 2010, 19:58
Well....I have been talking to the missus....and the bank manager!

guess what!

SHES NOT FOR SALE!!!

Thanks for all the great comments and recommendations to keep her...I was listening!

She MY bike...and I will keep her in daily use for as long as possible :wings:

cs363
4th October 2010, 20:26
Good news! :D :niceone::drinkup:

nudemetalz
4th October 2010, 20:48
Awesome !!!!!!!!!:woohoo:

98tls
4th October 2010, 20:55
Nice to hear fella,gathered from yapping to you on here the other night your like me and form relationships with lumps of metal like me:innocent:and was sad to read of you selling her.Enjoy the many miles you both have ahead.

willytheekid
4th October 2010, 23:00
Nice to hear fella,gathered from yapping to you on here the other night your like me and form relationships with lumps of metal like me:innocent:and was sad to read of you selling her.Enjoy the many miles you both have ahead.

Thanks TL, really enjoyed the yak the other night...still dribbling over those wheels!.:drool:
And yeah....I tend to get "involved" with my bikes...but "PhatGirl" is different, she makes me smile every time I ride her, rain,hail or shine, this bike is special to me, and as such I am SOOO relieved I don't have to part with her (I have wanted one since they brought them out in 95).
As a treat, I spent the day in the shed "tweeking" her carbs and setting the tappets.....while talking away to my special lump of steel :weird: :crazy::nya:

And I intend to enjoy every day and every mile...for a long time!

....broke or not...at least Im smiling :eek: