PDA

View Full Version : springfield

thepom
1st October 2010, 07:42
Any body been up the road by springfield that runs up to otarama,the staircase,avoca to craigieburn?....might take a trip out for a look.has anyone been up there and is a gravel road or a trail?.....cheers

cooneyr
1st October 2010, 09:38
Any body been up the road by springfield that runs up to otarama,the staircase,avoca to craigieburn?....might take a trip out for a look.has anyone been up there and is a gravel road or a trail?.....cheers

I think you'll find thats called a railway line ;) We did the trans alpine a couple of months back. I think a railways track goes as far as Staircase from Otarama so you'd need permission. Getting across staircase gully would either require big balls to ride the track or a winch and long rope to go down through it. Not sure there is much of a track for the next 10-20km's then you get to the Avoca road. I would be an interesting trip to ride the Avoca road to its end (starts near Cass on SH73).

thepom
1st October 2010, 09:54
Cheers Ryan,one of the guys at work told me about it so I thought I,d take a jolly but think I ll do Lee,s valley instead.....:yes: