PDA

View Full Version : Front guard?

liljegren
1st October 2010, 20:27
Can anyone tell me, do I need a front mudguard to run in post classics. What about ART track day, bike is GS550 pre 82. Cheers Matt.

White trash
4th October 2010, 09:58
Whether you're don't have to or not is irellevant, you SHOULD run one.

PM Drew and ask him about no front guard at Pukekohe.......

kiwi cowboy
4th October 2010, 19:04
Whether you're don't have to or not is irellevant, you SHOULD run one.

PM Drew and ask him about no front guard at Pukekohe.......

Spill what happend?.

White trash
5th October 2010, 08:29
Spill what happend?.

After a couple of race laps on the 749R with no front guard, under braking the tyre was wearing on the braided balance line between the calipers.

250 kays down the back straight, going for the late braking move, only to find there are no brakes into the hairpin.

It turns out that in the time it takes a brain to register that the brakes aren't there at that speed, you've already run out of track.

Trip to hospital with suspected neck injuries, one of the tests for which involves a rubber gloved junior doctor violtaing ya:shit:

liljegren
5th October 2010, 19:23
Yeah I get the point(!), mudguard mods under way....

kiwi cowboy
5th October 2010, 20:09
After a couple of race laps on the 749R with no front guard, under braking the tyre was wearing on the braided balance line between the calipers.

250 kays down the back straight, going for the late braking move, only to find there are no brakes into the hairpin.

It turns out that in the time it takes a brain to register that the brakes aren't there at that speed, you've already run out of track.

Trip to hospital with suspected neck injuries, one of the tests for which involves a rubber gloved junior doctor violtaing ya:shit:

None of that sounds fun and i have had neck issues in the past from rugby but never had the rubber glove.

ellipsis
5th October 2010, 20:16
....and you can throw a vast amount of water everyplace you dont want it ...also...