PDA

View Full Version : Bugger!

Lou Girardin
28th November 2003, 08:46
I just been told that my position is to be 'dissestablished', that's the sack to we who speak English.
So that means fewer posts. (I don't have a home PC) That'll be a relief, won't it?
On the plus side, more time to ride between job hunting.
Talk about mixed feelings!
Lou

Motoracer
28th November 2003, 09:09
It didn't have anything to do with you looking thourgh the KB website while at work did it? Sorry to hear about it.

duckman
28th November 2003, 09:24
Arrrgh Lou, thats a bit of bad news mate. What type of work are you seeking ?? Perhaps one of the site dwellers could help you out.

:(

750Y
28th November 2003, 10:06
Lou, I hope things turn out OK for You.

MikeL
28th November 2003, 10:30
Hey Lou that's great news.
No, really, I mean it.
Being "disestablished" may be just what you needed to get your life moving in a different, more fulfilling, more rewarding direction. Most of us stay far too long in jobs that we don't really enjoy. Look upon it as an opportunity.
Good luck!

:niceone:

Slim
28th November 2003, 11:26
Wot MikeL said. :)

It's your best chance to figure out what it is that you really want to spend such a large percentage of your life doing.

Good luck. :niceone:

You probably don't need to know that I survived redundancy for the 3rd time just last week, huh? :p

jrandom
28th November 2003, 11:32
Originally posted by Slim
You probably don't need to know that I survived redundancy for the 3rd time just last week, huh? :p

Only been there once myself but I know how much it can hurt at the time, so my sympathies Lou (and Slim).

I reckon Mike is right though; in my case it took me three weeks after being made redundant (two years ago) to find a job that I'm much happier in. So you never know, it can be a good turning point for your life. Sometimes we *do* develop too much inertia.

Best of luck in any case...

Lou Girardin
28th November 2003, 12:24
Thanks folks, I'm not to upset about it. I know I've done my best for them and if they think it wasn't enough that's their problem. It's a bit sad saying goodbye to lots of good clients though. I pity my replacement, he doesn't know what he'll be getting into.
Funnily enough, the internet use is not an issue.
Now I've got a nice long holiday before Xmas.
Lou

Slim
28th November 2003, 12:33
Originally posted by Lou Girardin
I pity my replacement
This comment doesn't sound legal if your position has been dis-established. :confused:

Or do you mean that a current employee will be taking over your workload?

Lou Girardin
28th November 2003, 13:19
No. It doesn't, does it? Time will tell, but I have my suspicions about this 'redundancy'.
Lou

Slim
28th November 2003, 13:31
It is legal for them to make you redundant and have a current employee take on your work load, but it is NOT legal if they turn around and hire someone else to take over your work load (I just had a discussion about this very topic with my Dad last week and he's right up there on the whole contracts act/employment legislation).

If you have concerns either call Citizens Advice Bureau and they'll be able to refer you to a lawyer who will talk to you for free about it, or try that 0800 SACKED place that advertises on the telly.

Good luck.

Firefight
28th November 2003, 14:10
Originally posted by Slim
It is legal for them to make you redundant and have a current employee take on your work load, but it is NOT legal if they turn around and hire someone else to take over your work load (I just had a discussion about this very topic with my Dad last week and he's right up there on the whole contracts act/employment legislation).

If you have concerns either call Citizens Advice Bureau and they'll be able to refer you to a lawyer who will talk to you for free about it, or try that 0800 SACKED place that advertises on the telly.

Good luck.

Yeah your right Slim, a fav trick is to disestablish your postion, and dump work onto others, or they can try and get round the law by, changing the title that you worked under, to a new one, and hiring someone else, at a lesser wage of course, ie sack the
despatch manger, and hire a logistic superviser, who will basiclly do the same work,. If you need any help pm me Ive got a contact in the engineers union.

Also as suggested b4, if you mention what sort of work you are interested in, the wide range of users on this site could keep an ear out for you, either way good luck.

firefight.:niceone:

ps, your break will give you time to write some more good letters to the papers.

Lou Girardin
28th November 2003, 14:22
Thanks again. I've been working in sales for Mongoose car alarms. So I have a lot of contacts in Auto Elec, Audio/Security and bike shops. So anything related is of interest I won't be contactable on a regular basis by email. But I'll pop in from time to time, my contact no. is 021 942 363 or 09 4822056.
Nice talking to you all, we might meet on a ride and I'll be back as soon as I get a PC.
Lou

Big Dog
28th November 2003, 15:46
There seems to be an awful lot of people saying they are leaving the site....... but none who said they would have .... that I've noticed :o

I guess this site must be more adictive than cigarettes!

Perhaps we could get them some patches?:D

marty
29th November 2003, 02:58
what - like leather ones to go on the back of our jackets you mean?

Big Dog
30th November 2003, 12:32
Originally posted by marty
what - like leather ones to go on the back of our jackets you mean?
closer to the ones on our t-shirts:cool: