PDA

View Full Version : Steering lock

Rhys
10th October 2010, 17:06
why do sports bikes have such bad steering lock

It's a pain to get the bike past the wifes car, would help if she could park properly

scumdog
10th October 2010, 17:09
why do sports bikes have such bad steering lock

I agree - but dunno the answer..

SMOKEU
10th October 2010, 17:48
Because the fuel tank is in the way of the handlebars. I nearly failed the U turn on my 6R test which was down a narrow street because of that.

bogan
10th October 2010, 18:16
Because the fuel tank is in the way of the handlebars. I nearly failed the U turn on my 6R test which was down a narrow street because of that.

thatll happen, ive ridden bikes i couldnt get to the steering lock cos my arms hit the tank first!

Gremlin
10th October 2010, 18:29
fuel tank and clip on mounting positions.

Got 2 naked bikes, one has a really good steering lock, one is freaken brilliant. Had to move a GSXR around a couple of weeks ago, wow... back and forth to spin it around... wouldn't have had a problem on either of mine.

Latte
10th October 2010, 18:37
Yah the NSR is like that, my hand hits the tank before the lock hits, makes for interesting < 5kph turns.

LBD
10th October 2010, 18:46
Yah the NSR is like that, my hand hits the tank before the lock hits, makes for interesting < 5kph turns.

And at the other end of the handle bar my fingers get caught in the fairing on the 1098

imdying
22nd October 2010, 09:01
It's in the name... otherwise they'd be called shoppingcarttotakethewifetothebeachforanicecreambi kes.

Juzz976
22nd October 2010, 09:33
You use the sides of your tires for turning, lean the bike.

Or if you must use the sidestand to swing the bike on.

or make a turntable in your garage...

never bothered me

davebullet
22nd October 2010, 10:33
A sports bike with a reverse gear would be interesting.....

slofox
22nd October 2010, 10:48
What you're supposed to do is spin the shit out of the back wheel and power slide the back around...waddya think all those horse- powers are for?

(Worked for me on a wet road...even though it wasn't supposed to...:o)