PDA

View Full Version : Selling my Africa Twin...

thepom
11th October 2010, 17:10
Will be putting my africa twin on trade me tonight so heads up to anyone interested,
Its an old dog but still has a bit of life in her yet or a doer upper for some handy....its a 90 and done over a 100,000 but is still good for a bit more,plastics in poor conditionbut has a facett fuel pump,and is reliable too.....:violin:making way for a new bike.....

Waihou Thumper
11th October 2010, 17:12
making way for a new bike.....

Ahem...Which will be?.....:shit:

thepom
11th October 2010, 17:21
errrr...can,t afford the ktm 950 or the bmw800 so that just leaves the ....
tdm 950 :facepalm:

Transalper
11th October 2010, 17:28
Did you check cooneyrs KTM 950 for sale or is it too much $ for you too?
Here it is on TM. (http://www.trademe.co.nz/Trade-Me-Motors/Motorbikes/Motorbikes/Dual-purpose/auction-319625825.htm)

Bit of a bad time to be selling bikes I believe, everyone focusing on other stuff as you'd expect.

thepom
11th October 2010, 17:51
I would not have enough as I don,t think he takes installments :bye:

dino3310
11th October 2010, 18:51
Bloody good bike them TDMs, it will be pretty grouse for chewing up those southern roads

cooneyr
11th October 2010, 20:27

Wish I could help you out. I want this (http://www.trademe.co.nz/Trade-Me-Motors/Motorbikes/Motorbikes/Dual-purpose/auction-323160761.htm) but reality is putting rego on the XR250, a replacement kitchen and bigger car for the pram :facepalm:

thepom
11th October 2010, 20:46
Ha ha,cheers Ryan, priorities eh! Yours are greater than mine my friend.
I,m selling the bird too as I hardly used it this year as I was too busy having too much fun off road.
So the TDM will become my usual runaround and the xt for the off road stuff and hanging out for your Dusty Butt ride with the Clarence jollies thrown in for good luck.
I,m not sure about not finding out till the last minute about the route as that might cause some confusion with people heading off in different directions for fuel stops and criss crossing each other.
Anyhoo the bike situation will sort itself out and I ll see what I end up with..:scooter:

cooneyr
11th October 2010, 20:54
I,m not sure about not finding out till the last minute about the route as that might cause some confusion with people heading off in different directions for fuel stops and criss crossing each other......

Yep still thinking that through. Adds to the "fun" but makes things more complicated too.

Crim
12th October 2010, 07:30

Why don't you paint it orange? :devil2:
That seems to double the price!:killingme

BMWST?
12th October 2010, 08:49
ooohh i didnt know yamaha made a tdm 950! :innocent:
TDM 900 was a bike i seriously considered

NordieBoy
12th October 2010, 09:01
Why don't you paint it orange? :devil2:
That seems to double the price!:killingme

Repsol orange?

george formby
12th October 2010, 09:04
http://www.carpe-tdm.net/ipb/

Everything you ever wanted to know & cake too. ( TDM's & cake are inextricably linked:blink:)

thepom
12th October 2010, 19:43
Your right BMWST...bad me,was still thinking of the ktm but am on track with the tdm,how come you never got one?....all it needs is a bigger front wheel.....pity it has mag wheels and not spokes.....

thepom
12th October 2010, 20:01
Sorry ,just seen you have a yellow one......what bike you got ha ha

thepom
17th October 2010, 11:08
update on the old swiss codger who keeps on trying to sell his africa twin.....he,s sold it and now lives in Thailand......dirty old man.....

Underground
17th October 2010, 11:31
update on the old swiss codger who keeps on trying to sell his africa twin.....he,s sold it and now lives in Thailand......dirty old man.....

Gone to ride something smaller perhaps ?? :shutup:

thepom
17th October 2010, 13:40
For the price of an Africa Twin you can buy the whole village.....

BMWST?
17th October 2010, 15:14
Your right BMWST...bad me,was still thinking of the ktm but am on track with the tdm,how come you never got one?....all it needs is a bigger front wheel.....pity it has mag wheels and not spokes.....

those reasons plus the fact that at the time 900 did not come up oftern and they were a bit more than i wanted to spend.
At the time i was looking was looking at AT,XTZ750 and maybe a GSPD.My GSPD came up locally and the rest is hi$tory