PDA

View Full Version : Educate, not legislate is message from Fife police

Bob
9th June 2005, 00:42
Police in Levenmouth, Fife, made the news when they were the first force to seize the vehicles of problem motorcyclists and drivers under the new Anti-Social Behaviour (Scotland) Act 2004.

However, the force realises that simply taking bikes away can cause further problems as the owners may go out and steal another one. So instead they have launched an initiative in conjunction with the Kingdom Off Road Motorcycle Club and Fife Council to take the offenders and teach them about safety.

KORMC chairman David Paton said: "We are hoping to take some of the young boys causing problems to the track about five times a week over the summer and teach them about safety.
"We want to talk to them about the victims' perspective and we will work with the police on setting up a classroom session. We are also hoping to purchase some motorbikes to help train them and ensure they are riding safe vehicles."

Brian d marge
9th June 2005, 03:08
Police in Levenmouth, Fife, made the news when they were the first force to seize the vehicles of problem motorcyclists and drivers under the new Anti-Social Behaviour (Scotland) Act 2004.

However, the force realises that simply taking bikes away can cause further problems as the owners may go out and steal another one. So instead they have launched an initiative in conjunction with the Kingdom Off Road Motorcycle Club and Fife Council to take the offenders and teach them about safety.

KORMC chairman David Paton said: "We are hoping to take some of the young boys causing problems to the track about five times a week over the summer and teach them about safety.
"We want to talk to them about the victims' perspective and we will work with the police on setting up a classroom session. We are also hoping to purchase some motorbikes to help train them and ensure they are riding safe vehicles."

I would be 100 percent behind that...It would also work for other problem children ( working for me and Im nearly 40 ish ( well 21 and a big ish) ..)

no in all seriousness , To race MX you cant take drugs ( off a 20 ft table hey,,man I can fly dude :doobey::thud:)

you cant drink ( you can ,, a small nip does wonders for the nerves !! trouble is all my races start about lunchtime Nuts!!!)

You need to be in very good condition ie train hard ( makes rugby look like a walk in the park )

and finally you can be as antisocial as you want ,,,,mono the length of the the track ,,,cool ,,,,Stoppies , jumps all allowable ( cheap to ..pick up a 90 cr for 1 and a half )

No every juvinile delinquent should complete Stephens 10 week MX course ...
Thats a good Idea the scottish police had ,,very positive ,,

Failing that 20 weeks in the army ...

failing that hard labour .....( that means cold calling on behalf of the Labour party )

Stephen

Lou Girardin
9th June 2005, 10:40
Common sense, no revenue, extra costs, I can't see it catching on here.

HDTboy
9th June 2005, 11:29
Common sense, no revenue, extra costs, I can't see it catching on here.
I concur..