PDA

View Full Version : Brothers Ha,ha, ha ,ha

Jackrat
28th November 2003, 19:08
I just got thru, reading a mag,where some guy was harping on about a BMW rider he sees every day,but the guy never waves back to him.This got me to thinking,Because I also seldom wave to other riders on the road.After all I don,t know them,they sure as hell ain,t my mate just because they are on a bike.History has proven that most of them wouldn,t stop if I need a hand,so why the fuck should I wave to em,.
I have in the past and no doubt will again get real pissed off by some squid trying to talk to me without an invite,I don,t get that same shit from other Nissan drivers just because I own a Nissan.
So what the fuck is it with motorcycists,If I want ya, to call me Bro I,ll let ya, know.Of all the hundreds Of guys I have known and riden with over the years there are probably 4-5 who still ride today.So to anybody that get his tits in a tangle because I didn,t wave back,Get used to it,I don,t like to invest in a lost cause,an ya,not my bloody Bro, OK.

Yamahamaman
28th November 2003, 20:26
Then consider yourself ignored.

wkid_one
28th November 2003, 20:33
Ditto

Jackrat
28th November 2003, 20:34
I WISH,,and is that the best you can do??
BTW Wickid thats never going to happen with you is it.
I would of thought you,d have started to post a picture of a pair of flippers by now,ha,ha,ha

Kwaka-Kid
28th November 2003, 21:12
Jackrat i see where your coming from dude, but its a little on the negative side aint it?  i personally always wave to motorcyclists, just to acknowledge im one of the few that actually saw him going passed! (damn blind drivers) :p .

Although i have not had problems where i have ever needed another biker to help(that i can remember) i have faith and reckon id be helped, only last week i got a call from a mate in town(i was in mt roskill) that his battery was flat and he needed a push, so i jumped on the VFR, rode all the way into bottom of town, pushed his bike till it started, then we rode back to my west auckland secret hideout where i gave him a battery to use over the next few days whilst i have his on charge.  Im sure there must be more bikers out there like me that at the drop of a hat would do anything logically possible to help a fellow biker... And what goes around comes around, which brings me to my next question, have you been helping lots of bikers recently jackrat? :)

SPman
28th November 2003, 21:29
Reminds me of a Xmas song---

<SPAN style="FONT-SIZE: 20pt; COLOR: #333333; FONT-FAMILY: 'Tempus Sans ITC'; mso-bidi-font-size: 7.5pt; mso-fareast-font-family: 'Times New Roman'; mso-bidi-font-family: 'Times New Roman'; mso-ansi-language: EN-AU; mso-fareast-language: EN-US; mso-bidi-language: AR-SA">Ho Ho Fucking Ho
What a crock of shit,
We all work for Santa Claus
We've had enough, we quit,
'Cause we do all the fuckin' work
While he stars in the show
Stick ya Christmas up ya arse,
Ho Ho Fucking Ho!</SPAN>

Motu
28th November 2003, 21:29
I have a white Nissan Vanette and drive to Waiuku several times a week - I wave to all Nissan drivers....well,cept for the boy racers in Skylines and the rich bastards in 300ZXs....but there is one Nissan that doesn't wave back - I think I know who it is.

wari
28th November 2003, 22:08
ho ho ho ho ... ha ha ha ha ... heh heh heh heh ... I have the larfing bug today ... such a happy thread :D

I have a Chrysler Valiant and I wave to all valiant / mopar drivers ... and when I'm on my bike I also wave to all other bikers ... except those that dont wave to me. But I'd stop for them if they was broken down ... except for Harley dudes coz they just scowl when you do that . I think maybe they're embarrarsed or somethin.

:wavey:

MikeL
28th November 2003, 22:32
"Tis the season to be jolly, tralalalala...."
Bah humbug!!

:whocares:

Jackrat
28th November 2003, 23:01
Have Ya,seen the sky add were the little guy says to the big guy.
Well that worked,now your dad has a shed too, aye!

Hmmm havn,t seen a broke bike for a while,Will of course lend a hand if I do,,Still don,t make him my Bro but.

Racey Rider
29th November 2003, 07:03
Originally posted by Jackrat
I have in the past and no doubt will again get real pissed off by some squid trying to talk to me without an invite,...

Someone trying to talk to you! :shit: Can't have that behavior going on!! :no:

Maybe we should all chip in to buy this man a Harley, so then we'ld know, Not to bother "Trying to talk" to him.

:Punk:

Motu
29th November 2003, 07:50
I'm actualy with Jack on this one - you don't know me,so why do you wave to me....I may not even like you...or you could be the best mate I'm looking for - but I'm riding my bike,I don't care.

We know Harley riders won't wave to Jap bikes,but these Jap bike riders have their own protocols - it's seems they aren't too sure about dirt bikes (I mean are they real people?) and when I'm on my XLV 750 or XT 400 you can see their brains ticking....do I wave to one of these? Same on my XS1 - is that a British bike,do we wave to them? maybe it's some sort of Harley? ooh,better not wave then eh?

Just ride your bikes guys....it's fun, remember?

bikerboy
29th November 2003, 09:46
"...are they real people.."

Perhaps they're wondering wether those are bikes or two wheeled tractors? :o

Jackrat
29th November 2003, 10:23
he,he,he,Ok so I,m never going to be a diplomat,I can live with that.I,m not taking a shot at any one group with what I say.
When I first started riding I did think Bikers were somehow different from other people,and we all had something in common,
A kind off brotherhood of two wheels thing.
We have all heard it,Sport bike riders are squids,BMW riders are snobs,Harley riders are in the wind Bro posers,MV riders are rich cunts,Tourers are boring,cruisers are living in the past.Ect,ect ect.
BTW all of those have come from this site.
Now I may never be lucky enough to own an MV,but I have owned all of the above at one time or another.Oh an don,t forget
the off road bikes,heaps of them.And then some guy in a national
magizine gets his tits in a twist over some guy on a BMW not waving to him,Hell maybe the BMW rider already knew him.
Ever wonder why this site has so may members who NEVER post.
I have had a couple of friends ask me why I bother,,The site don,t have a very good rep,,Pity that.
Cheers

Racey Rider
29th November 2003, 12:00
The site don,t have a very good rep,,Pity that.
Cheers

Well I enjoy it!
Even with a bit of friendly "Stick it to um" banter like this!
I'm sure it will be my turn one day.
Can't please everyone I guess.

:rockon:

Motoracer
29th November 2003, 12:04
I have had a couple of friends ask me why I bother,,The site don,t have a very good rep,,Pity that.
Cheers

I wasn't aware about the "bad rep" of KB. Would you care to elaborate on the topic? I would be interested to know. By the way, very good points made here guys. I can understand the thinking behind not waving better now. I now understand that it’s not just something as simple as "his bike is not good enough to wave to".

However I choose to be friendly and wave at everyone. Bro or not, its just saying hello to someone. I am used to it. Even when I go for a run in the park, I say Hello, hi, how’s it going to anyone who I come across.

Blackbird
29th November 2003, 12:11
&nbsp;I had several Harley Riders initiate&nbsp;a wave at this Jappa rider this morning on my way to Hamilton - maybe they've nicked&nbsp;your&nbsp;spirit of Xmas, Jackrat!

I'm still convinced that bikes are a great social leveller because of a common interest and certainly don't have any problem waving to any kind of machine.

Entirely your call whether&nbsp;wave or not.&nbsp;&nbsp;We're not looking to be your mate, simply being courteous.

Racey Rider
29th November 2003, 12:26
....So what the fuck is it with motorcycists,If I want ya, to call me Bro I,ll let ya, know. .... an ya,not my bloody Bro, OK.

But in this thread: http://www.kiwibiker.co.nz/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=1087&highlight=xs650 You called us, Bro! :doh: :Oops:

Do I take it that you can call us Bro, but we can't call you Bro,,, Bro? :no: :confused: :confused2

jrandom
29th November 2003, 13:36
Ever wonder why this site has so may members who NEVER post. I have had a couple of friends ask me why I bother,,The site don,t have a very good rep

farkin 'ell Jackrat, I dunno what kind of 'bad rep' this site could have. Have you ever tried hanging out in the motorcycle forums on USENET? rec.motorcycles is full of insane, borderline-illiterate Americans who ride Harleys and carry handguns and are mostly still figuring out how to change gear. uk.rec.motorcycles is full of even more insane Poms who all fancy themselves as the next Rossi and who'll flame your arse to a crisp as soon as you poke your nose in the door.

KB is actually a sickeningly friendly and helpful place compared to many other net biking forums (in spite of my efforts to liven it up with the occasional carefully-crafted insult). It's also the only way I'm aware of online to hook up with other biking types in NZ. If you're so twitchy about strangers waving to you, why are you online trading comments with a bunch of guys you've never met eh? :D

Jackrat
29th November 2003, 14:24
Go back to page one of this thread,
scroll down to my third post on this subject,
Read very,very slowly.
think,
To subtle??
Ah well I,m having fun. <_<

scumdog
29th November 2003, 15:49
I wave to anyone I feel like and stop for anyone broken down at the roadside - regardless of what breed/type of bike they have.
Does the breed of bike give the attitude or does the dude (or dudette) have whatever attitude they have before they got that breed of bike???

Fluffy Cat
29th November 2003, 16:35
hey guys whats a bro is that like a small kitten or bigger maybe

mangell6
29th November 2003, 16:56
Hmm - thinking of more ways to wind people up

Ooo - yes thats a good one

Hmm - Ooo another

No no can't say that . . .

Anyway my opinion can never be wrong
cos its mine.
:Oops:

wari
29th November 2003, 21:10
Lets all hold hands and sing .... a 1 a 2 a 1-2-3 ...

Let aold acwaintence be forgot blah blah blah blah blah blah blaaaaaaah , let aold acwaintence be forgot for the sake of waving bro' ... for aold waving bro my bro for aold waving broooo ...

ah well ... I tried ...

:wavey: :wavey: :wavey: :wavey: :wavey: :wavey: :wavey:

Big Dog
30th November 2003, 13:26
IMHO The best thing about motorcycling as a hobby is if you run into another biker they have something to talk to you about automatically, even if it does start 'your bike is shite buy a cbsxrr Yamaharhonzuki'.

The worst thing about it has to be your having the worst day of your life and some inconsiderate feotus see's your helmet and starts rattling on about the time 4 years ago they spent ten minutes as a pillion and procceed to take 20 mins to tell you about it, and get all haughty if you don't listen to the whole story.

Or as bad your having a great day and some clon starts telling you how dangerous bikes are and how we should all drive 4wd's.

Biking can be a solitary or as social as you like.

The only broken down bike I did not stop (or go back) for already had the AA present.

PZR
1st December 2003, 19:58
I.After all I don,t know them,they sure as hell ain,t my mate just because they are on a bike.History has proven that most of them wouldn,t stop if I need a hand,so why the fuck should I wave to em,.
I have in the past and no doubt will again get real pissed off by some squid trying to talk to me without an invite,I don,t get that same shit from other Nissan drivers just because I own a Nissan.
So what the fuck is it with motorcycists,If I want ya, to call me Bro I,ll let ya, know.Of all the hundreds Of guys I have known and riden with over the years there are probably 4-5 who still ride today.So to anybody that get his tits in a tangle because I didn,t wave back,Get used to it,I don,t like to invest in a lost cause,an ya,not my bloody Bro, OK.

I can only speak for myself. I like the fact that I have met some really nice people through bike riding I choose to wave to all and sundry as I like to be friendly. I will stop and help anyone (car or bike) if they can benifit from my help. I have said it before on this site and Im saying it again.

You get back from others what you give out.
Treat others as you would like to be treated yourself.

If you do not want to be friendly with others Jackrat then thats fine. Thats your choice, but perhaps someone you do not know yet is missing out on knowing you. Perhaps that is a loss for two people??
And like someone else said earlier on this post. If you (allege) to be so uninterested in being friendly, why are you spending time on what is essentially a chat room?

To wave or not to wave?
That is the question, but your choice

James Deuce
1st December 2003, 20:18
(Pulls up deckchair, cold one, and an old bike mag and waits for this troll to land some more whoppers)

Jim2

Motu
1st December 2003, 20:55
Yesterday I met a Road Rage coming the other way,in my stupidity I waved to him,but he didn't wave back - bloody typical eh.....A little later I stopped at a piss hole where he was also stopped - We had a good discussion as strangers,I admired his bike,he had good things to say about mine - the two bikes couldn't be further apart.Shit it's good ridin' bikes,we're all good people.

A bunch of sports bikes coming the other way didn't take much notice of me either - but the cows saw them.