PDA

View Full Version : Just when I was getting depressed

DR650gary
14th October 2010, 12:52
This listing popped into my frame of reference.

http://www.trademe.co.nz/Trade-Me-Motors/Motorbikes/Parts-for-sale/Stickers-decals/auction-323021173.htm

And the fact it's not orange makes it desirable :shit: How?

Imagine the cost of the screen if the sticker is $30. :blink:

Willdat?
14th October 2010, 14:20
90 cm is a pretty big bike screen...

clint640
14th October 2010, 15:26
Imagine the cost of the screen if the sticker is $30. :blink:

Dooood.... It's for your van, man. Nobody rides their KTM far enough to need a screen, they're too unreliable & shake too much yaknow. :yes:

Cheers
Clint

cooneyr
14th October 2010, 20:49
Dooood.... It's for your van, man. Nobody rides their KTM far enough to need a screen, they're too unreliable & shake too much yaknow. :yes:

Cheers
Clint

You need to put the KM's of your LC4 in your signature to prove the point. It's only been round the block twice hasn't it?

NordieBoy
15th October 2010, 07:07
You need to put the KM's of your LC4 in your signature to prove the point. It's only been round the block twice hasn't it?

Damn odo's that only go to 9,999.

clint640
15th October 2010, 08:54
Damn odo's that only go to 9,999.

It's a bit of a bastard actually, the sheep incident claimed the first odo at 42 000, so the current one only reads 52 000 km. I'm getting a bit paranoid about the noisy motor now, but it has always sounded like a bucket of bolts being poured into a concrete mixer so it's hard to tell.
I should have got one of those ultra reliable DR650's, then I wouldn't have to worry so much about it making it fromm 94K to 100K. :yes: ...

... the 3rd gear cog would have grenaded the entire motor at 60K :Pokey::killingme

NordieBoy
15th October 2010, 09:56
I'm getting a bit paranoid about the noisy motor now, but it has always sounded like a bucket of bolts being poured into a concrete mixer so it's hard to tell.

Through the footpegs does it feel like a bucket of bolts being poured into a concrete mixer?

Warewolf's does...

clint640
15th October 2010, 10:23
Through the footpegs does it feel like a bucket of bolts being poured into a concrete mixer?

Warewolf's does...

Nah, they smooth out heaps after about 70 000 km :sunny:

...or maybe all the nerve endings in my extremities have died, one or the other. :blink:

Cheers
Clint

Taz
15th October 2010, 12:16
I could have sworn my 640A was smoother than Ian's (crisis manglements) but riding them back to back on the way home from the NBA there was nothing in it at all so just goes to show how you get used to the minor vibes. But the first ride I had on a 640 I thought it was a compactor in disguise!

Monstaman
15th October 2010, 12:50
it has always sounded like a bucket of bolts being poured into a concrete mixer so it's hard to tell.

Not much better on the 990SMR ... needed to get the Leos on so it would drown out the jingle bells rattling around under me :laugh:

Still, got more grunt than a paddock full of pigs and runs saweet! :niceone:

clint640
15th October 2010, 13:16
Vibes are just the bike's way of telling you you're on the wrong road. The 640 only ever bugs me when droning down the highway, on anything twisty or rough I don't notice the shaking. :woohoo:

Whereas on a DR you can cruise down the hwy thinking 'man, this is smooth' then get onto something rough & twisty & wonder where your brakes have gone & why someone just booted you in the arse :Pokey::lol:

Clint

Oscar
15th October 2010, 14:45
Vibes are just the bike's way of telling you you're on the wrong road. The 640 only ever bugs me when droning down the highway, on anything twisty or rough I don't notice the shaking. :woohoo:

Whereas on a DR you can cruise down the hwy thinking 'man, this is smooth' then get onto something rough & twisty & wonder where your brakes have gone & why someone just booted you in the arse :Pokey::lol:

Clint

+1,000,000

I was lent a DR with 38k on it last year and the thing sounded like it was gonna explode every time it went into third...

marks
15th October 2010, 15:56
+1,000,000

I was lent a DR with 38k on it last year and the thing sounded like it was gonna explode every time it went into third...

that could be an awkward conversation

"Sorry mate - that's your con-rod poking out there after bits of 3rd gear got stuck up the barrel
....still - I gave it a wash and filled it with gas. Shouldn't need to borrow it again anytime soon so no need to hurry with the repairs."

Oscar
15th October 2010, 16:16
that could be an awkward conversation

"Sorry mate - that's your con-rod poking out there after bits of 3rd gear got stuck up the barrel
....still - I gave it a wash and filled it with gas. Shouldn't need to borrow it again anytime soon so no need to hurry with the repairs."

It is an awkward conversation - I've done it twice (with the same person what's more).

I highsided a Tenere back in the day, on the road, at speed.
Then several years later I had totaled an RZ250 given to me by the same guy (you'd think he'd have learned).

Still, I did the right thing and wrote the cheques...:facepalm:

Box'a'bits
15th October 2010, 16:27
...is that every time your friend thought he'd like a change of bike, he lent it out to you? :innocent:

Oscar
15th October 2010, 19:10
...is that ever time your friend thought he'd like a change of bike, he lent it out to you? :innocent:

I only wrote off one...