PDA

View Full Version : New to dirt

kx250
16th October 2010, 08:10
hi guys first off i will introduce myself, my name is ed and i have just joined kb as iam new to dirt biking. i have been riding for just under 2months just been going out to woodhill every other weeknd and iam really enjoying it. iam always keen to go out for a ride every weekend but dont have any one to ride with. if any one is keen to out for a ride sometimes just let me know and ill be keen. iam open to ride anywhere dont mind the long drives as long as its a good day out on the bike then iam all for it!!

RJM
16th October 2010, 11:15
Welcome aboard, as a rider of only 12 months I highly recommend doing the Mr Motorcycles trail ride series which starts next month.

kx250
17th October 2010, 07:25
cool thanks for that i will definately be checking that out!! whent to thunder cross yesterday had a great day out there the trail was good in some areas were still abit wet and can get quite tuff but the new moto x track was really good my first time on a track like that got a lil bit of air and was loving it!!!

Rupe
17th October 2010, 09:13
hi guys first off i will introduce myself, my name is ed and i have just joined kb as iam new to dirt biking. i have been riding for just under 2months just been going out to woodhill every other weeknd and iam really enjoying it. iam always keen to go out for a ride every weekend but dont have any one to ride with. if any one is keen to out for a ride sometimes just let me know and ill be keen. iam open to ride anywhere dont mind the long drives as long as its a good day out on the bike then iam all for it!!

hey. Just keep an eye on here and be interactive, there's heaps of good people on here that use it to meet up on rides.

As someone else said, that 1st Mr motocycle ride at glenn murry is a good ride, try to do that.

Jay GTI
17th October 2010, 13:15
cool thanks for that i will definately be checking that out!! whent to thunder cross yesterday had a great day out there the trail was good in some areas were still abit wet and can get quite tuff but the new moto x track was really good my first time on a track like that got a lil bit of air and was loving it!!!

Did you turn up quite late yesterday with a mate with an RM as well? Was also at Thundercross yesterday, running the bike in.

Going to Woodhill next Saturday, if you fancy another ride. In fact my regular riding buddy is sodding off to Oz, so if you're ever keen for a ride and don't have anyone to go out with, give me a shout.

kx250
17th October 2010, 19:43
Did you turn up quite late yesterday with a mate with an RM as well? Was also at Thundercross yesterday, running the bike in.

Going to Woodhill next Saturday, if you fancy another ride. In fact my regular riding buddy is sodding off to Oz, so if you're ever keen for a ride and don't have anyone to go out with, give me a shout.

hey mate yep that was me. oh sweet man will def be kean to go woodhill if my mate isnt kean to go out for a ride otherwise you are more then welcome to join us. yea im kinda in the same shoes my mate goes every now and then but iam always keen for a ride as i havnt been riding for long at all and want to get better. what where you riding? are you the guy with the ktm? and red ute?

i was at woodhill today pretty tough out there at the moment really dry but and average day riding is better then a good day at home!! hahaha

K6K
17th October 2010, 19:54
hey mate yep that was me. oh sweet man will def be kean to go woodhill if my mate isnt kean to go out for a ride otherwise you are more then welcome to join us. yea im kinda in the same shoes my mate goes every now and then but iam always keen for a ride as i havnt been riding for long at all and want to get better. what where you riding? are you the guy with the ktm? and red ute?

i was at woodhill today pretty tough out there at the moment really dry but and average day riding is better then a good day at home!! hahaha

Get out to the charity rides, there is a ride at http://www.silverbullet.co.nz/event.php?id=7910 on the 31st which I didn't do last year but should be a good ride, and on the 7th Nov http://www.silverbullet.co.nz/event.php?id=7869 the Paeroa charity ride which was a brilliant ride last year - one of my favs.

kx250
17th October 2010, 20:08
Get out to the charity rides, there is a ride at http://www.silverbullet.co.nz/event.php?id=7910 on the 31st which I didn't do last year but should be a good ride, and on the 7th Nov http://www.silverbullet.co.nz/event.php?id=7869 the Paeroa charity ride which was a brilliant ride last year - one of my favs.

thanks alot for that yea i will def go along to the ride on the 31st and see how i go and most definately go to the other aswel. do i just give steve clark a call and go from there? i really enjoy riding some where i havnt been before always a good experience riding someing new, hope fully i can find some one to go with makes it that much better riding with a mate!

cave weta
17th October 2010, 20:46
Hey- welcome to KB. Paeroa charity ride is my 'home ride' always excellent- awesome veiws and riding terrain. I hope you enjoy river crossings and hillclimbs?
I will be holding another free ride day soon for the guys on KB - by the end of November if you are up for a challange stick your name down:yes:

Jay GTI
18th October 2010, 06:45

I was across the road from you, white Hilux, I was the other guy on a KTM and my mate was on a hired DRZ400, we left not long after you arrived.

Yeah kind of figured Woodhill would be is usual deep, dry sand mess already, but I'm still keen to get out there and give the bike some hard work to do, definitely will be there on Sat. You been to Kimmy's yet? Recommend it for a decent summer ride when there's no charity/organised rides on, much better set up and looked after than Thundercross (agree with others on here though, most of the best rides are this type).

K6K
18th October 2010, 13:18
thanks alot for that yea i will def go along to the ride on the 31st and see how i go and most definately go to the other aswel. do i just give steve clark a call and go from there? i really enjoy riding some where i havnt been before always a good experience riding someing new, hope fully i can find some one to go with makes it that much better riding with a mate!

You don't need to call about any of the rides on silverbullet, this one doesn't have directions on there but it says directions will be in place so I'd just head to Kaihere and there should be signs/arrows around. Send me a PM If you want to meet up down there.

2fitty
18th October 2010, 16:37
hey kx250,welcome aboard, I was in a similar boat having not been riding for long and my riding buddy did the bolt back to the mainland, meet a good bunch of dudes off here and catch up and ride regulary. even drag the misses along and the girls do there thing, always keen for a ride. where bouts in auckland are ya?

kx250
18th October 2010, 17:27
to cave weta
ive never been on river crossing but looks awesom and yea hill climbs are great i love a good challenge even tho iam not that good yet lol iam just keen to get out there and give it a go!! so ill put my name down just let me know where? was also checking out your web site and would be interested to come down for a ride and take a lesson from you. how much for half day and full day? do i give you a call to book? thanks.

to jay gti
i actually remember me and my mate was talking to you at wood hill 1day in the weekednd about a month ago i think you were trying to sus your suspension setup on your bike dont know if you remember lol. nah havnt been to kimmys yet will try check it out this weekend i think theyve been closed and going to reopen this weknd so will try get out there.

to k6k
ohh sweet i will def be heading down for that ride should be good keep an eye out i will be on a kx250

to 2fitty
hey man iam in central auckland just by greenland where abouts are you?

just want to thank every 1 for the feed back really apreciate it glad i joined up to the forum!!

just so you all know if i do meet up with you guys iam not the greatest rider as i have only been riding for 2months and just jumped on to a 250 a week ago lol so the last thing i want to do is slow someone down
http://www.kiwibiker.co.nz/forums/images/icons/icon10.png

RJM
18th October 2010, 17:40
hey man iam in central auckland just by greenland where abouts are you?
Greenland is a bit of a hike but Greelane is close to where I am in Epsom. Will keep you in mind for when I have my foot fixed. Hopefully by the end of this month.

My number one ride buddy has a short leash :violin:

barty5
18th October 2010, 17:45

Is his name cheese to lol

kx250
18th October 2010, 17:48
Greenland is a bit of a hike but Greelane is close to where I am in Epsom. Will keep you in mind for when I have my foot fixed. Hopefully by the end of this month.

haha yea iam in epsom just on pah rd never know we could be neighbours???

dafydd roberts
18th October 2010, 18:51
Hey- welcome to KB. Paeroa charity ride is my 'home ride' always excellent- awesome veiws and riding terrain. I hope you enjoy river crossings and hillclimbs?
I will be holding another free ride day soon for the guys on KB - by the end of November if you are up for a challange stick your name down:yes:

Whats the plan ??

Jay GTI
18th October 2010, 19:07
to jay gti
i actually remember me and my mate was talking to you at wood hill 1day in the weekednd about a month ago i think you were trying to sus your suspension setup on your bike dont know if you remember lol. nah havnt been to kimmys yet will try check it out this weekend i think theyve been closed and going to reopen this weknd so will try get out there.

Not me, I've not been to Woodhill for about 2 years! Had a break from riding when I went to the UK for a bit... but anyhoo, if you do head to Kimmy's definitely chuck me a PM and I'll head down as well, I love it down there.

And don't worry about being inexperienced and slowing other people down if you join them for rides, we've all been there (and judging by my crap riding on Saturday, some of us are still there,...:blink:).

kx250
18th October 2010, 19:18
Not me, I've not been to Woodhill for about 2 years! Had a break from riding when I went to the UK for a bit... but anyhoo, if you do head to Kimmy's definitely chuck me a PM and I'll head down as well, I love it down there.

And don't worry about being inexperienced and slowing other people down if you join them for rides, we've all been there (and judging by my crap riding on Saturday, some of us are still there,...:blink:).

sure thing mate will pm you closer to the weeknd about kimmys sounds like a good track to ride herd there afew big jumps there lets hope the weather will hold up!

flyingcr250
18th October 2010, 19:25
sure thing mate will pm you closer to the weeknd about kimmys sounds like a good track to ride herd there afew big jumps there lets hope the weather will hold up!

yay kimmys :scooter: