PDA

View Full Version : Re Sunday

Firefight
29th November 2003, 14:52
Okay, can't wait for Andrew to sort this,

Anyone keen on a blat up the Awhitu Penisular sunday ?

Weather permitting, meet@ Autobarn 9-30 leave when all the semi punctual get there, latte and eats at the bird house, mini farm thingy, (under the outer marker transmitter mast ) I guess its still there.

firefight .:gob:

MikeL
29th November 2003, 16:12
Yes.

:2thumbsup

bikerboy
29th November 2003, 17:50
Is that the Drury one or the other one, bombay hill?

I know the semi punctuals are welcome but what about us rich cunts?:o

Firefight
29th November 2003, 20:19
Originally posted by bikerboy
Is that the Drury one or the other one, bombay hill?

I know the semi punctuals are welcome but what about us rich cunts?:o

The one between Papakura and Drury

firefight:cool:

Andrew
29th November 2003, 21:10
Sorry guys I can't make it. I have to go to work, which involves packing hundreds of Hayley Westernra CD's - What fun!
Have fun anyway

Firefight
30th November 2003, 07:20
weather seems okay atm, heading out for a bit of a warm up

will meet you guys at the BP (autobarn) 9-30ish

firefight:eek:

bikerboy
30th November 2003, 07:26
Will be there ish, :D

bikerboy
30th November 2003, 16:20
Well another fab ride organized by one of the dynamic duo, FF.

The morning started out far too early but sunny and looking very promising. Riding to the meeting place the clouds thickened and spelled impending doom. :o

Arriving at the autobarn FIFTEEN minutes SEMI-EARLY, I spot the dazzleling blue of a brand new R6. FF was already inside having coffee. Damn, was certain I would be the first to arrive.:(

While waiting for MikeL learned the other half of the dynamic duo was ......WORKING? :gob: Sorry you couldn't make it Andrew.:( I then remembered Vladi, newbie to KB but keen to meet up. So Texted? him to let him know about the ride. Later learned he was half way to the Coromandel when he got the text.:niceone:

MikeL showed up and had a good chat about us "rich c*^ts" and our fancy new bikes.:D Then Vladi turned up on a bright red shiney new R1, fresh from an aborted solo Coro run.

The plan was to do a short sweet run to the Awhitu Peninsula then lunch amonst the birds. Ask FF. Nice dry roads, a few repairs, sloppy patches but a good run all the same. Vladi sure knows how to give MikeL and FF a run for their money.:p

After a nice kiwi lunch of pies and a milk shake, courtesy of newbie "rich c*^t" mikeL, we , FF really, decide to return via Port Waikato. Unfortunately as we approached the weather started to turn, so we abandoned that plan and headed to Mariati SP? Great roads and the weather was just holding. Another coffee stop, this time courtesy of newbie "rich c*^t" FF. Riding with these guys is great, and cheap. :-)

Then MikeL and I returned to Auckland while FF and Vladi road off into the afternoon sun and more twisty roads for the R's.

Nice to catch up with the lads, had a great time and met a new KB'er, Vladi. Hope to ride with him again. Now time for a cold :apint: and a nap.:p

Sorry if this account isn't as good as Andrew's but then he was busy WORKING? :eek:

Yamahamaman
30th November 2003, 17:14
Hmm. I noticed a new blue R6 and a silver MV parked outside the Autobahn as I was inside drinking my coffee.

MikeL
30th November 2003, 18:00
Another great ride despite the weather. I think summer is booked in for 27 January or thereabouts (when I'm back at work). Still, could have been worse. The wind on the way to Awhitu was the worst, not enough rain for me to stop and put on my plastic overpants though.
I could have been forgiven for thinking that FF had already clocked up a few thousand k's on his brand new R6 considering the pace he set at the start. (What's the rev limit for the first 1000 k's, Dave?) I was beginning to think I should have been on the GSX instead of the Honda but did my best to keep up with him anyway, and ended up giving the Honda a good workout - probably needed it after months of just commuting. John was his usual urbane, witty, good-humoured self proving that our previous stereotype of rich c*nts was totally prejudiced). Great to meet a new Kb'er - Vladi (as a new member of the honourable order of rich c*nts myself I must remember to send my compliments to the chef next time I dine out on the expense account at Sopranos). Thanks Vladi, BB and FF for the company, conversation and coffee.

:2thumbsup

Andrew
30th November 2003, 18:57
Since it was a rich c*^ts ride I wouldn't have fitted in anyway.
I was trying to become a rich c*^t by labelling Hayley Westernra CD's, but some how I think she'll be getting richer than me. :(

Firefight
30th November 2003, 19:11
Yeah thanks guys, another fun day, after we left BB and Mike at maraetai, Vladi and I decided to give the Rs a bit of a run, back to clevedon, across to Kawakawa bay over to Kaiaua for our second fuel stop of the day around to Miranda back to kaiaua, back to
kawakawa bay clevedon and maraetai for a quick V, then back to the motorway via whitford were we went our separate ways
all & all a dam good ride, thanks guys, sorry you missed out Andrew. :rockon:

firefight.:cool:

Firefight
30th November 2003, 19:14
Originally posted by Yamahamaman
Hmm. I noticed a new blue R6 and a silver MV parked outside the Autobahn as I was inside drinking my coffee.

Yep that was us.:D

firefight

bikerboy
1st December 2003, 08:44
Andrew my man, you are always welcome on the the "rich c*^ts" rides, as we need your keen sense of humor and constant reminding about our excessive petrol consumption.:D

Hope you'll be available next time.:niceone:

PS i think Haley's single and digs bikers, the sweet and innocent thing is only an act.:eek:

aff-man
1st December 2003, 08:46
Was gonna come but a late saturday night ....................impeded.....my rising time  :p  .Are you guys gonna do it again this coming sunday????

duckman
1st December 2003, 09:03
I was riding around Clevedon yesterday !! Wish I had a computer at home to check when these rides are happening.

I saw plenty of bikes tearing up the roads which was great to see.

I was taunting a few boy racers on the way home and got pulled over by a cop (again) for "an indicated speed of 110-120 and dangerous lane changes" (I know, I know - Not clever) but the copper let me off with a warning. (very nice fellow) :2thumbsup

Firefight
1st December 2003, 13:29
Originally posted by duckman
I was riding around Clevedon yesterday !! Wish I had a computer at home to check when these rides are happening.

Duckman, pm if you want and I'll give you my cellphone #, also we normally post a day or so in advance b4 our rides, just look for anything from , Andrew. Mike L. Biker Boy or myself

firefight:D

duckman
1st December 2003, 13:47
I'll have to start paying more attention!!! :o :o

bikerboy
1st December 2003, 14:18
Aff_man, i tried to raise you with a text, ya lazy b'stard. I had a late night too but I managed to make it, was even EARLY-ish.:D

Yamahamaman , you should have looked for us and said hello, we don't bite and I had on my KB t-shirt. Next time, unless you were deliberastely snubbing us? :o

duckman, get me your cell number and I'll text you the morning of the ride, as I did for Vladi.

The more the better I always say, besides FF need someone to test his abilities against. :2thumbsup

duckman
1st December 2003, 14:21
I dunno about testing anyones abilities but heres my number anyway - 027 2302072 :D

:niceone:

Motu
1st December 2003, 16:14
Yeah,we saw some guys guys on bikes earlier,bunch of poofters,they wouldn't talk to us.

Yamahamaman
1st December 2003, 16:48

Yamahamaman , you should have looked for us and said hello, we don't bite and I had on my KB t-shirt. Next time, unless you were deliberastely snubbing us? :o

Said Hi to a couple of guys and sat down and drank my coffee.

Coldkiwi
2nd December 2003, 09:49
man... I'm really slacked off I can't get the gsxr out on some of these rides yet! nice fanging on twisty roads with likeminded bikes/bikers and then stopping for coffee... can a weekend get any better!? Taking the zx-6R out is just not as much fun now :(

Motoracer
2nd December 2003, 10:06
Is anyone keen on riding this Sunday if the weather is ok? I might be picking up an old 250 today, so I will be able to go on rides again :).

With this bike however, I should look like the poorest cunt there is but at least it goes ok...I hope :confused:

Coldkiwi
2nd December 2003, 11:29
thought i might do the bronz toy run on sunday.

Anyone know when the next MDA run is? or did I miss it this year?

Firefight
3rd December 2003, 08:37
[QUOTE]Originally posted by Motoracer
[B]Is anyone keen on riding this Sunday if the weather is ok?

Yeah , I'd be keen , what did you have in mind ?

firefight.:Punk:

duckman
3rd December 2003, 08:39
What about a scoot out to Pukekohe to watch the racing ???

Motoracer
3rd December 2003, 09:09
I am not really sure, I am not good with organising stuff. I am keen to tag along with anyone who is out riding on Sunday. Any ideas FF? :)

I got a 1987 Yamaha TZR 250 yesterday. It goes pretty hard but the handeling is a bit dodgy. I will have to ride carefully to get the hang of it first.

aff-man
3rd December 2003, 09:15
So i will be able to keep up yohooooooooooo. Wait hold on on second though motoracer's carefull riding is still a lot quicker than mine :(  :whocares: . I'm in if the weather is fine

Motoracer
3rd December 2003, 09:49
Na, na mate, I will just try to ride at your pace if thats not going over the limit right now for the bike. The tyres are sooo crap on this thing. The squaring off has made the lean of the bike very wobbely and unstable. Plus they have similar stick as thoes plastic wheels you get for your roller blades from the warehouse. If only the Rego wasn't so much, I would have been able to get proper tyres for it straight away. The steering head seems stuffed as well cause it has stiff spots on some steering angles. Sunday should be fun regardless, weather permitting that is cause I don't think I have the balls to take it out for a ride in the rain.

Kwaka-Kid
3rd December 2003, 11:04
hey guys, i cant make it sunday as i have to work.  But hey just to let you know

I finally scored myself my first set of demerit points... 35 of the big boys too.. was coming down from kerikeri 2up on VFR400, i sit @ 110-upto 115kmph everywhere, came to back of van doing approx 95, thought, fuck this, open straight, just dropped 2 gears from top and went to redline just as i got passed, double shifted it up and coasted back to 110, the coppa got me in middle of overtake @ 121kmph. bugger, im $170 poorer, bloody nice guy tho, my gf grew up with his son etc they knew eachother, he owned a gpz, 30mins of cheap talk on bikes and he still told me he really did have to write it.  I said no problemo and that i understood i was doing bad... only issue now is my old theory was do ur overtake as fast as poss to get back onto ur side of the road.  But now with a van like that i will overtake @ 105-110 and take alot longer, putting myself on the wrong side of the road for longer, often having to go between an oncoming car and the one im passing, damn, but itll save me another $$$ if i can keep fitting thru that small gap :2thumbsup

Motoracer
3rd December 2003, 11:16
Thats not good about your ticket thoe. Its only resonable to overtake as fast as possible and ofcourse you are going to be over the limit during that manuver. A fine for that is not justified I reckon. I'd be writing a formal letter if I were you KK.

P.S. Just out of curiosity, is your gf the same chick who was going to come for a ride on the back of your bike on that coromandle loop?

aff-man
3rd December 2003, 11:21
That almost happened to me but luckily CK was up ahead with his life saving detector. Sorry to hear about the demerit points buddy they really gonna cramp your style.

riffer
3rd December 2003, 11:28
You're damned if you do and damned if you don't, KK.

I absolutely insist its safer to be on the wrong side of the road for as little as possible, and I've always overtaken as quickly as possible. That could be at 140+, especially on a 750cc bike.

It seems ridiculous to me to overtake 2-5 km/h than the other guy who, chances are, will speed up at a passing lane anyway, and bloody dangerous.

Trouble is, the coppers reckon if he's doing 100 you should not overtake anyway, as it's illegal to exceed the speed limit. But if he's doing 98, you go past at 100, they could still do you if you don't merge 'safely' at the end of the manoeuvre.

I say use a radar detector and if its safe, go past as quickly as you can handle.

My $0.02

Demerits suck. I now have 50-odd. One for doing 69 km/h on an empty road I though was a 70 km/h road - my fault - stupid.

And the other for towing an empty trailer with my GT-B  at 6.30 am on a Saturday - doing 95 past Manor Park - bastards!

It's almost enough to make you wish you had a ticket for doing something worth bragging about - then again, maybe not. That would be REAL expensive.

Coldkiwi
3rd December 2003, 11:32
don't you look for cop cars coming the other way before pulling out logan?

sounds like you're wiser for the experience anyway.

Firefight
3rd December 2003, 11:38
[QUOTE]Originally posted by Motoracer
[B]I am not really sure, I am not good with organising stuff. I am keen to tag along with anyone who is out riding on Sunday. Any ideas FF? :)

Don't care as long as it's not up north:argh:

Lets see what the others want to do :p

If they can't make up there minds, I would like to do Otrohanga again via back roads, Andrew and I did it, a couple of weeks ago, lots of fun.

Would be thinking of going Tuakau,Glen Murray, Naike, Dunmore
Waingarao,Ngaruawahia,Tekowhai,Whatawhata,TeRore,P irongia,Tihiroa and in to Otorohanga for fuel eats, and back same way till we reach temple veiw, cut across Hamilton to Morrinsville, Tahuna
Heo-O-Tainui to Ohinewai, along the exspress way SH1 and stopping @ Bombay Autobahn for a quick drink .

firefight.:eek:

aff-man
3rd December 2003, 11:42
How long was that??

Kwaka-Kid
3rd December 2003, 11:47
coldkiwi-it was a semi-long straight, with a right hander up ahead, the cop came around the corner as i was mid overtake, said he couldnt get a lock till i had passed and was slowing down, and i swear i instantly buttoned off back to my usual 110... and the reason i overtake someone like that, is because its a clapped out old van going flat tack @ around 95, which to me isnt much difference to my speed but i also know he will end up coming to a standstill thru all those corners up ahead that i bet would be more fun @ my speed :(

cest la vie

-oh and MR, no way dude, that chick is my best mate, but because of new gf loving bike so much i dont think my mate has been out on the back since? hmmm...-man i swear u loose either way.

Firefight
3rd December 2003, 11:57
[QUOTE]Originally posted by aff-man
[B]How long was that??

Hey Affman , long time no see

wouldn't have a clue:o , ask Andrew, (Knowledge Boy)

firefight (ex Physics Boy)

:Punk:

Motoracer
3rd December 2003, 12:05
lol I have never heard of any of thoes places. Would be good to ride on new roads for a change. But as aff-man said, how long is it? is it over 500ks? Not sure how durable these 2 strokes are.

Edit: Just saw your post FF, will wait for Andrew to say how long the ride is.

Kwaka-Kid
3rd December 2003, 12:06
Originally posted by Firefight
firefight (ex Physics Boy) 

but now Superior Physics Man!

Firefight
3rd December 2003, 12:43
Originally posted by Motoracer
lol I have never heard of any of thoes places. Would be good to ride on new roads for a change. But as aff-man said, how long is it? is it over 500ks? Not sure how durable these 2 strokes are.

Hey MR, it should be about 350kms .

firefight.:rockon:

LB
4th December 2003, 04:51
Hi FF - I used to live at Hoe-o-Tainui - my parents had a farm there. Most people have never heard of it - they say "pardon?" when you say where you grew up. Nice roads.

CK - it's very hard to spot mufti cop cars when they keep changing - I was sitting in traffic right behind one a few months ago - on SH2 around Waipukurau - and i didn't realise it was a mufti. Black Commodore, spoiler, lowers, towbar, couple of sunhats on the back windowledge. Only reason I didn't pass was my husband came up beside me and gave me the "cop ahead" signal. I thought he was losing his marbles, till a km or two later when looking at teh back windowledge I saw the lights.

Around National Park a couple of weeks ago we came across a dk green Nissan Navara 4x4 - blue and red lights flashing, chatting with his customer. And similar area there was a blue Commodore station wagon.

Firefight
4th December 2003, 06:32
Originally posted by Lynda Blair
Hi FF - I used to live at Hoe-o-Tainui - my parents had a farm there.

Around National Park a couple of weeks ago we came across a dk green Nissan Navara 4x4 - blue and red lights flashing, chatting with his customer. And similar area there was a blue Commodore station wagon.

Hi Linda, yeah Hoe-o- Tainui is one of my fav bits of back road, nice and fast good corners, and hardly any law..

Re the Navaras, there are heaps of them in all sorts of colours, they are normally used by CVIU (truck cops), if you watch at weighbridges around the country you often see them there they normally wear blue overalls with poilce badge on shoulder, but they will pull cars/bikes up if they feel like it, however they dont have the same pursuit ability of normal HP cars.

firefight:2thumbsup

Coldkiwi
4th December 2003, 08:04
stink one KK. just the wrong place at the wrong time huh? that always sucks

Firefight
5th December 2003, 10:13
for those who are interested .
we will meet @ BP/Auto Bahn southern motorway between Papakura off ramp and Drury off ramp @ 09.00 hours, for those on student time, or those who are semi punctual we will wait till 09.30 hours, unless we hear from you. pm me if you want our celly# for text on the day:eek:

ps, this ride has been renamed "The 250 ride off":rolleyes:

firefight:eek:

bikerboy
5th December 2003, 18:28
:argh: Doesn't anyone on this site stay up later than 9-00pm on a Saturday, shish, 9-00am start.:angry2:

Yamahamaman
5th December 2003, 18:40
:argh: Doesn't anyone on this site stay up later than 9-00pm

Every night, sometimes as late as midnight, but I am still on my way to work by 05:40. Except Saturdays and Sundays when I don't rise until around 07:00 :yes:

Andrew
5th December 2003, 20:34
Sorry guys I'd love to come except I'm taking a weeks holiday to go camping in Gisborne. I shall be taking the car, so there will be no doubt a boring time travelling, especially if the gorge has road works.

Perhaps we could organise a Summer Kiwi Biker tour some time. I would love to go as a kiker back packer going from place to place.

Until next week,
Laterz

Racer X
6th December 2003, 21:54
Damn this sucks - that I'm up north (Kaikohe) and can't come for the ride.
Anyone know anyone from round kerikeri, paihia kaikohe etc with bikes??

Firefight
7th December 2003, 06:50
Rode up to top of Bombays early this am,

weather shit atm, worse loooking sou west, the way we were planning to go, , won't be going today, maybe go for shorter rife later in the day if weather clears up.

firefight.

MikeL
7th December 2003, 08:35
Wasn't able to go this morning anyway (family responsibilities... grrrr)
But a short ride later might be possible if the weather improves.

bikerboy
7th December 2003, 13:09
What time you thinking of going? Now that my lazy arse is out of bed i may tag along.:D

MikeL
7th December 2003, 15:47
Too late. Family commitments...
Plus a major computer crash that has taken me 3 hours to sort out. Thank God for Windows XP System Restore!!! Almost made me think kindly of Mr Gates...

Yarg
7th December 2003, 15:48
Thought I call in at 9.15am to say hi, but no one there. Assumed it had been called off due to weather. I carried on doing a shorter run thru to Tahuna with a mixture of dry & wet roads.May be next time.

GD

Firefight
7th December 2003, 20:11
Originally posted by Yarg
Thought I call in at 9.15am to say hi, but no one there. Assumed it had been called off due to weather. I carried on doing a shorter run thru to Tahuna with a mixture of dry & wet roads.May be next time.

GD

yeah sorry Yarg, weather looked shit earlier in the morn, and we called it off, as it turns out the day was okay, will try again next Sunday, if your interested.. and BB we will make the meet time 10.00hours & depart @ 10.30 hours.

have a good week firefight:eek:

bikerboy
7th December 2003, 20:29
Thanks mate,:niceone:

georgedubyabush
7th December 2003, 21:40
Originally posted by Racer X
Damn this sucks - that I'm up north (Kaikohe) and can't come for the ride.
Anyone know anyone from round kerikeri, paihia kaikohe etc with bikes??

Yes.

Yes Kaikohe sucks and yes I have a bike.

aff-man
8th December 2003, 08:00
^$#@%!#$!$! Went out there with CK and no-one turned up so i thought i had f#$%ed up and got the wrong auto bahn. So we went to the bombay one where a petrol attendant said that he had just seen a blue yama leaving 10 minutes before. More cursing so decide to go out to puke where as upon arrival decide $15 is to much and so go home after checking out some bikes coming in. And then the weather clears. But the worst part of this whole operation is that i am going to melbourne on friday so no back road riding untill after the 19th. :argh:

(Sorry for irritation in post but i havn't been for a good blat in over a month so i hope you understand:o

bikerboy
8th December 2003, 08:26
Know how you feel mate,:o

check your messages :Oops: :Offtopic:

bikerboy
8th December 2003, 08:26
Know how you feel mate,:o

check your messages :Oops: :Offtopic:

Coldkiwi
8th December 2003, 11:27
Originally posted by Yarg

GD

ahh so that was YOU pulling out of BP as aff man and I turned up! My GSXR is still in the garage awaiting parts so I had the old green Zx-6R out. Should've mentioned that on the post I guess so people would recognise me.

Motoracer
8th December 2003, 12:14
Ride was canceld, that was a bit of a bummer:( However, I went to watch the racing which was really good :) The entrance fee was a bit steep thoe at 15.00 then another 5.00 for going over the bridge :( Saw lots of spills which made the day interesting enough :) Good thing no one got hurt as well :niceone:

Firefight
12th December 2003, 17:50
If they can't make up there minds, I would like to do Otrohanga again via back roads, Andrew and I did it, a couple of weeks ago, lots of fun.

Would be thinking of going Tuakau,Glen Murray, Naike, Dunmore
Waingarao,Ngaruawahia,Tekowhai,Whatawhata,TeRore,P irongia,Tihiroa and in to Otorohanga for fuel eats, and back same way till we reach temple veiw, cut across Hamilton to Morrinsville, Tahuna
Heo-O-Tainui to Ohinewai, along the exspress way SH1 and stopping @ Bombay Autobahn for a quick drink .

firefight.:eek:[/QUOTE]

For those who were keen , am going to try for this one again, but depending, may add across to Tokora on way back if someone is keen to give CK a ride home(pillon)

MikeL
12th December 2003, 19:34
I'm in.
Smiley face.
Thumbs up.
Hey, where are the emoticons????

bluninja
13th December 2003, 11:18
Ride was canceld, that was a bit of a bummer:( However, I went to watch the racing which was really good :) The entrance fee was a bit steep thoe at 15.00 then another 5.00 for going over the bridge :( Saw lots of spills which made the day interesting enough :) Good thing no one got hurt as well :niceone:

Well apart from the female racer that broke her arm :doctor:

BTW when and where is th meet tomorrow (just in case I get kicked out of bed early)?

BigB
13th December 2003, 11:36
Hi

Have left a message with Coldkiwi saying I'll give him a lift :2thumbsup , what time you leaving from the autobarn ??

cheers

Firefight
13th December 2003, 16:50
Hi

what time you leaving from the autobarn ??

cheers

I was going to make it 10.00 dept 10.30, but am flexable, I will be there from about 09.30 hours, we still have to sort out a few details re route & if we need to shoot over to Tok to pick up CK, anyone needing further info can ring me, I am night shift tonight, cell # 021 2135978.

cheers firefight. :wavey:

Motoracer
13th December 2003, 23:01
Sorry guys but the clutch cable just snapped on me. Won't be able to get the bike going before Monday :(

I guess at least it didn't happen in the middle of a big ride...

bluninja
14th December 2003, 18:46
Shame Motoracer. It was a pleasant...if wet ride (whoops is that a whinge :whistle:).

Guys, thanks for the company and the route. It was a good day.

TTFN

Firefight
15th December 2003, 20:04
:2thumbsup Yeah what a great day, ,nice quick blat down the Ngaruwahia via 22, after a quick refuel & chat, and a freindly reminder from the local volly ambo about staying safe, off again to Whatawhata still lovely & fine,half way to Pironga the rain started, not just a shower, that good old pissing down type rain, ,seemed to :sunny: clear a wee bit while we grabbed some fuel @ Otorohanga, but once we headed off towards Te kuiti back came the rain,
down H/way 30, onto Whakamaru, next stop Tokoroa for some yummy BK,
rain stopped while we ate, time to go, yep here comes the rain :shit: back via putaruru, Tirau, matamata,opps nearly a ticket for someone :Punk: , back up 27, quick stop @ Bombay, for a bit of a chat and some nice warm drinks,
Thanks for a great day guys, good ride, good company :2thumbsup

firefight. :2thumbsup