PDA

View Full Version : New Wellington dirtbike rider looking for people to ride with

Benjah
19th October 2010, 15:55
Hi Guys

I've just scored a mint, road legal 2001 DRZ400 kick start model. I'm based in central Wellington and so far I have been out to Red Rocks solo a couple of times. Great fun but keen to get involved with group rides. My skill level is pretty basic but I'll give most anything a go.

Feel free to send me a PM

Cheers
Benjah

dhunt
19th October 2010, 18:59
Hey mate, Know what you mean about solo riding. I drowned my bike in the Akataraws (sp?) the other weekend and was very fortunate that there were some other guys around to help push me out of the creek :facepalm:.

Would be interesting in meeting up sometime for a ride.

Benjah
20th October 2010, 07:54
Cool

Got any riding plans this weekend? Fancy a jaunt through the akatararararas? The weather forecast is good..

dhunt
20th October 2010, 08:02
Sorry, This weekends no good. Riding at Manfeild on Saturday then going tramping. Next Saturday could be the go.

Benjah
20th October 2010, 08:06
Sweet!

Good luck for manfield:first:

WuZards-Eugene
20th October 2010, 22:37
Sweet!

Good luck for manfield:first:

You're welcome to join me, im planning on going in on either saturday or monday (probably saturday). Wont be doing anything to extravagant as my rear tire is a bit sad at the mo.

Benjah
21st October 2010, 12:49
Yeah I'd be well keen for a ride this Sat. Where were you thinking of riding?

Benjah
21st October 2010, 15:25
oh.. I guess that would be the Akatararas. What time were you thinking of kicking off?

CHOPPA
21st October 2010, 18:20
Im moving down in a few weeks ill be keen. Do you need a regoed bike?

Benjah
21st October 2010, 20:38
I don't think that you do. I've hears it's a pretty sweet track too

WuZards-Eugene
21st October 2010, 21:07
oh.. I guess that would be the Akatararas. What time were you thinking of kicking off?

Saturday it is. Depends on where you want to start from. I'm heading over the hutt firebreaks to upper hutt, through whitemans valley then into the Akatarawa's, do a couple of loops, go to orange hutt, then back the way we came. Leaving Wainui at about 9. I can meet ya at either caltex in wainui at 845 or caltex rimutaka at 1030.

Im moving down in a few weeks ill be keen. Do you need a regoed bike?

Dont need rego in the Akatarawa's, there's a car park at the entrance in karapoti and at the paraparaumu end. Get a permit from the upper hutt council (just call them and they send you one out for free). There's a mix of tracks varying in difficulty. If youre by yourself in there stick to the rule of "dont go through/down if you cant come back" otherwise you may have a long walk on your hands. Its best to go in with someone who knows where they are going to get your bearings for next time (its a huge playground). The main tracks are pretty easy, but some of the off shoots can get a bit messy. Devils staircase and the rock garden is one place you don't want to try by your self.

Benjah
22nd October 2010, 10:03
Let's meet up at Caltex at 10:30 then. That sounds like a great loop.

Cheers!

Benjah
22nd October 2010, 11:46
On second thoughts, those fire breaks sound great. I'll meet you in Wainuiomata.

Where's a good place to meet up there?

WuZards-Eugene
22nd October 2010, 13:24
On second thoughts, those fire breaks sound great. I'll meet you in Wainuiomata.

Where's a good place to meet up there?

Caltex in wainui, 845am. Road riding is involved, so anyone else planning on turning up should have plates.

motor_mayhem
22nd October 2010, 16:45
Will be changing the oil and cleaning the filter of my bike tonight. Not sure whether to road ride tomorrow or dirt but the dirt bike hasn't been out in over a month.

Benjah
22nd October 2010, 19:37
Will be changing the oil and cleaning the filter of my bike tonight. Not sure whether to road ride tomorrow or dirt but the dirt bike hasn't been out in over a month.

RIDE DIRT!!

The weather tomorrow is meant to be grand. No better way to enjoy it.:scooter:

HannahT
18th November 2010, 13:28
If you guys are going out this weekend, I'd be keen to join you.
do you NEED a permt to ride?? and how do i go about calling up to get one??

Blagger
19th November 2010, 22:20
Call up Wgtn Regional Council's Upper Hutt Office and ask for a permit - they send it to you for free.
I've never been asked to show mine there but it costs nothing and they include a dinky map that is helpful.