PDA

View Full Version : Monster Energy Supercross - North Harbour

wingman7nz
20th October 2010, 12:45
Whose got their tickets..?? gona be great to see the head to head BT, Chad, Alessi, Reardon etc

scott411
20th October 2010, 12:52
Whose got their tickets..?? gona be great to see the head to head BT, Chad, Alessi, Reardon etc

wouldnt bet on reed being there, he stated in some interveiws that he was only doing round 1,

Hanson is ment to be doing the whole series,

and i can not wait to see BT on that green machine,

got my tickets all sorted

wingman7nz
20th October 2010, 13:40
is that right.. mmm hope he is there .. never seen him live :woohoo:
and yea i forgot about hanson and justin brayton is in oz wonder if he will make it here too?
yea BT seems realy fired up to be back with Monster/Kawi

scott411
20th October 2010, 14:34
is that right.. mmm hope he is there .. never seen him live :woohoo:
and yea i forgot about hanson and justin brayton is in oz wonder if he will make it here too?
yea BT seems realy fired up to be back with Monster/Kawi

not sure if Brayton is doing the whole series or not, i have been told he is, Hopefully Billy Mac is back riding as well,

RJM
20th October 2010, 16:44
I watched the Newcastle round on Skoda Game On last Sunday. Good watch. Was wondering why Reed was saying "This is my only round"...

Especially when the NZ events are promoted as:
See Chad Reed go up against New Zealands own AMA star Ben Townley and Mike Alessi from the USA in the greatest supercross race ever held in New Zealand

Will still be a great night out.

Pierce
20th October 2010, 16:55
Especially when the NZ events are promoted as:
See Chad Reed go up against New Zealands own AMA star Ben Townley and Mike Alessi from the USA in the greatest supercross race ever held in New Zealand

Bloody under arm bowling huh...

I won a ticket to the event according to an email i got last week.

flyingcr250
20th October 2010, 17:15

i won a ticket too

03rm250
20th October 2010, 19:44
What is the date for this?

Shorty_925
20th October 2010, 20:10
Organising tickets tonight, got bucket racing up in Auckland both days so it fits in nicely. With that advertising Im expecting to see Reed!

LittleJohn
20th October 2010, 20:21
So far been away for all the big SX events, and what you know, it is the same weekend as the mini Nationals...... So no go for me again.

Ktmboy
20th October 2010, 20:54
What is the date for this?

Bumpity Bump... dates please.

scott411
20th October 2010, 21:02
Bumpity Bump... dates please.

13TH november

Ktmboy
20th October 2010, 21:06
Damn. not here.

wingman7nz
21st October 2010, 10:02
Bloody under arm bowling huh...

as above Sat Nov 13th gates open at 4pm main event racing starts at 6.30pm

how did u guys win tickets btw.. thru that facbook/youtube link thing off the super x site?

RJM
21st October 2010, 12:19
That's how I won my ticket. The trick is to click it each day as it only registers you on the day you click it. I assume the ticket will be a GA without paddock pass?

vr4king
21st October 2010, 13:10
I highly doubt CR will be there id say hes back in the states now or very soon

Bit of a rip how they are advertising it.......I saw him in Hamilton last year

He clearly has the BEST bike there hahahahaha

wingman7nz
26th October 2010, 10:01
Kevin Windham is currently down under and won the canberra round this last weekend. Apparently stayin on in OZ for the Tassie round too as he and family are loving it so much across the ditch.. is there any way the promoters of the NZ rounds could fly Kdub over at least for the nth harbour event?? i know wishful thinkin but still if reed wont show and kdub loves OZ so much he might want to check out an even better country only 2 hours away.. :yes:

RJM
26th October 2010, 11:13
I caught the round 2 Coverage on Skoda Game On Sunday afternoon. Wyndham, Hansen and Breyton were great to watch. I also spotted Jolene Van Vugt in the background support Wyndham.

The ads are still promoting Chad Reed riding at North Harbour but it certainly doesn't look promising.

scott411
26th October 2010, 11:21
according to Chad's twitter he is back in the states, the word is he is testing for a yamaha team over there (Valli motorsports)

so rule out Chad,

Hanson and Alessi are coming, not 100% on if Brayton is

Shorty_925
26th October 2010, 11:35
I read that Brayton is having his last ride in Tasmania for the series. I take it Windam isnt coming over?

From cyclenews.com:

Windham won the overall with Hansen second and Brayton third.

"What a great start to my time here in Australia," Windham, who flew down with his family, said. "I am really enjoying the country and the people and had a lot of fun racing here tonight.

"The different formats definitely make it interesting because anything can happen. I am just glad I rode well and consistently and got the win in all three races.

"The Cougar Bourbon Honda team did a great job in preparing the bike and I can't thank them enough for the way they welcomed me into the team for this event."

The race was supposed to be a one-off for Windham, but he revealed that he was in talks with series organizers to race in next weekend's third round in Aurora Stadium in Launceston, Tasmania.

Hansen now leads the championship series with 108 points followed by Brayton (98)and Marmont (88).

"I am just really happy to be here racing and getting these good results," Hansen said. "There was some good close racing tonight and fun battles. It's good to be leading the championship and I really want to ride well and hold on to it for the rest of the series. I am loving Australia."

Said Brayton, "I think it's really good for this series and for us to be able to come out here and race and have the opportunity to raise the profile of the sport. The different formats each week keep it interesting and the racing is always at a high intensity. It is my final round next week and it would be great to finish off with a win."

motor_mayhem
1st November 2010, 17:08
Yeah not many days to go now. I went all out and bought Platinum with PP. got extra days off work etc in case they have to switch to the backup day or the backup backup day.

oldguy
1st November 2010, 17:30
This is turning into a fizzer of an event, Oh well BT is still riding isn't he????

scott411
1st November 2010, 17:36
This is turning into a fizzer of an event, Oh well BT is still riding isn't he????

BT and Coops are both riding,

oldguy
1st November 2010, 17:51
Cheers Scott, should be good, BT will want to get Cody back for beating him in Taupo.

Is it just me, Im not keen on the format they have for the racing,

2fitty
1st November 2010, 18:48
might be getting off topic, but does anyone know if they will still screen the racing on tv now that skoda game on has finished for the year, they had some pretty good coverage, last sunday anyway!

Katoomer
2nd November 2010, 18:18
That was the last skoda game on show.Btw it was interesting hearing Josh saying Ben is the only rider that can beat Carolli next year.

2fitty
14th November 2010, 09:16
was an awesome nights racing, sad to see BT go down in the heats and get ambo'd out, hope he is doin ok, anyone have any updates on his status?
Think the racing is on 2day at 3pm on tv 1

Teava
14th November 2010, 09:53
was an awesome nights racing, sad to see BT go down in the heats and get ambo'd out, hope he is doin ok, anyone have any updates on his status?
Think the racing is on 2day at 3pm on tv 1

BT has a dislocated hip, hope it doesn't need surgery.

2fitty
14th November 2010, 10:03
OUCH! whats the recovery time for a dislocated hip, will he miss the gp series?

del-solider
14th November 2010, 10:13
Was a great night out, good racing, Hanson was on fire:yes:. Sad to see ben go down as mentioned.
Was a little disappointed at the attendence thought there wouldve been a few more people ohwell.

Was good to the two smoker in the lites too :woohoo:

Buddy L
14th November 2010, 11:24
I was seated in General Admission, and by the end of the night heaps of people that paid mega in gold and platinum, had come to our side for a better view hahahah:yes:

The two on two shoot out was the best part for me, when you have a full feild you just didn't know were to look.

Good night.

Jay GTI
14th November 2010, 11:59
I was seated in General Admission, and by the end of the night heaps of people that paid mega in gold and platinum, had come to our side for a better view hahahah:yes:

The two on two shoot out was the best part for me, when you have a full feild you just didn't know were to look.

Good night.

In Platinum you got the best view of the short straight, the corners leading onto and off it seemed to be where most of the action was. Unfortunately BT's accident was pretty much in front of where we were, wasn't nice seeing him not move for a long time. Did like the 2 on 2 shootout as well, was cool. The finals were great, but with so many bikes (especially the lites) it was like watching a swarm of bees....

Overall a pretty good event, even my gf really enjoyed it.

RJM
14th November 2010, 13:22
I went GA as that's where my free ticket was for but I was really happy with the view from there. A non-MX fan came with our group and really enjoyed the show.

I loved the quick fire finals racing, so much action. Hansen was incredible to watch, interesting in the fourth race where he had a slower start, you saw the field completely block him out and to see him fight back to third... What a rider.

Stoked with the announcement of Nitro Circus coming to town too!

arj127
14th November 2010, 15:41
Just watched it on tv (was there last night also), tv coverage does no justice to the size of those jumps and the speed those guys are going at. Wondering why they don't cover the lites on tele (maybe they do in Aus) , some of the lites races especially the one where Moss was having a bit of a punch up was such an aggressive race, it was awesome.

Rider of the night for me was Jay Marmont, but yes Hanson was incredibly fast.

Hope there back in North Harbour next year

Winter
14th November 2010, 16:33
Just watched it on tv (was there last night also), tv coverage does no justice to the size of those jumps and the speed those guys are going at. Wondering why they don't cover the lites on tele (maybe they do in Aus) , some of the lites races especially the one where Moss was having a bit of a punch up was such an aggressive race, it was awesome.

Rider of the night for me was Jay Marmont, but yes Hanson was incredibly fast.

Hope there back in North Harbour next year

I work for the tv company, all the races were filmed, but I have no idea who decides what NZ gets to see. Fox in Auzzie will defiantly be showing all of them.

Good Was good couple days for me, I got to walk the track and, geez. Cant imagine what that'd be like on a bike!

DEATH_INC.
14th November 2010, 17:03
Was good to the two smoker in the lites too :woohoo:
Yeh, go the Smoker!
Was a bloody awesome night! That 3X3 and 4X4 setup was real good, made the racing real close and stopped it turning into a procession.
What a shit hot event. Hope the lack of spectators doesn't stop them coming back.

DMNTD
14th November 2010, 17:09
What a shit hot event. Hope the lack of spectators doesn't stop them coming back.

Yeah we had an awesome night out but tbh I wouldn't have been too keen on paying $105 per head :blink:
Free tickets (t-shirts,caps) was the main reason I went and bloody glad I did!

paturoa
14th November 2010, 17:15
Thoroughly enjoyable night out. I though the entry price was a little too much, but I spose with a 7500 crowd they would have still struggled to break even on the gate alone.

The racing was great. I thought that the 8 rider knockout thing was a bit flat though.

DEATH_INC.
14th November 2010, 17:21
You bloody cheap buggers. This was an international event, not a local mx. $100 is not that bad. We payed $300 au for the weekend at motogp last time I went.

del-solider
14th November 2010, 18:09
You bloody cheap buggers. This was an international event, not a local mx. $100 is not that bad. We payed $300 au for the weekend at motogp last time I went.

Yer you're right, just sad that most people couldnt justify the cost

takitimu
14th November 2010, 18:57

Compared with prices in the US it's up there, to be fair our travel costs are higher & no $20USD for parking either :).

I actually didn't think it was as good as Hamilton to be honest, maybe just me but I think Reed put a helluva lot in last year to make things run smooth, for instance I wonder if the track would have been as wet for the heats if he'd been there.

The pits were amazing, so relaxed & cool to wander around.

Major kudos to Cody Cooper & Mason/Michael Phillips, those guys were outstanding & my take was given more experience riding that level of tracks would have been battling top 3.

Dan_hurley
14th November 2010, 19:57
Whats the deal on practices and stuff like that, i've got a pit pass for Dunedin and that says it opens at 3 with gates opening at 4, but racing doesn't start till 6.30? Cant wait! Hopefully we'll get good seats!

Katoomer
14th November 2010, 21:01
[QUOTE
I actually didn't think it was as good as Hamilton to be honest, maybe just me but I think Reed put a helluva lot in last year to make things run smooth, for instance I wonder if the track would have been as wet for the heats if he'd been there.

Major kudos to Cody Cooper & Mason/Michael Phillips, those guys were outstanding & my take was given more experience riding that level of tracks would have been battling top 3.[/QUOTE]

I thought the same comparing it to Hamilton but then being the second time seeing it may have been the difference for me.
Whats with Auckland only producing 7500 spectators.
Just didn't seem to be Ben's night. he seemed to be off the track alot and was probably getting frustrated. There were puddles between the triples where he came up short. It got better later but was too late for Ben and Jeff Allesi. BT's crash spoilt an otherwise great night.

vazza
14th November 2010, 21:18
Anyone got a more detailed report on BT?

oldguy
14th November 2010, 21:31
Major kudos to Cody Cooper & Mason/Michael Phillips, those guys were outstanding & my take was given more experience riding that level of tracks would have been battling top 3.

I agree, need more supercross events (local) comp, which will help develop our riders.

Im not keen on the race format, mainly because it puts the likes of BT, Reed, Alissi, and all the other international riders, who are just riding to put on a show for the fans, who would otherwise not get the chance to see them racing.

the 4 x races add to the risk of injury as they are more like sprint races, so more chance of an accident eg, BT last night, this is how he make his living. so doing these events can cost him.
Hope this doesn't effect his chances in the FIM next year.

oldguy
14th November 2010, 21:42
<object width="480" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/2wcgbM-YL-4?fs=1&amp;hl=en_GB"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/2wcgbM-YL-4?fs=1&amp;hl=en_GB" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="480" height="385"></embed></object>

takitimu
14th November 2010, 23:14
<object width="480" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/2wcgbM-YL-4?fs=1&amp;hl=en_GB"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/2wcgbM-YL-4?fs=1&amp;hl=en_GB" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="480" height="385"></embed></object>

Yeah bt passed mike, who came into the next corner very hot and basically pushed bt off the track, from there very hard for him to get back on the track as no gaps in the blocks, poor track design.

Bt had missed the corner on the start to from memory.

I was not a big fan of the format, the sudden death for grid position is great, but it seemed to me maybe 2&3 would have been better than 3&4, but easy to sit on the fence, Anyone see the lites punch up :), matt moss was not a happy camper about the mid packer falling in front of him.

morg_nz
15th November 2010, 05:24
Yeah bt passed mike, who came into the next corner very hot and basically pushed bt off the track, from there very hard for him to get back on the track as no gaps in the blocks, poor track design.

I was not a big fan of the format, the sudden death for grid position is great, but it seemed to me maybe 2&3 would have been better than 3&4, but easy to sit on the fence, Anyone see the lites punch up :), matt moss was not a happy camper about the mid packer falling in front of him.

http://tvnz.co.nz/one-sport/supercross-australasian-superx-s2010-e4-video-3892925

55min of it on tvnz on demand

wingman7nz
15th November 2010, 12:21
Compared with prices in the US it's up there, to be fair our travel costs are higher & no $20USD for parking either :).

The pits were amazing, so relaxed & cool to wander around.

i didnt make hamilton last year but my mates who did both said the actual track and race format was more interesting this year.. they said there was higher attendance in hamilton last year(possibly cos better accessibility to moto fans from down the line) and the atmosphere /after party was much much bigger-better. I didnt go to the after party this year anyway cos we went to patetonga club day yesterday which was sick riding after getting amped up from night before :yes:

very sad that BT went down the way he did everyone there was absolutely gutted when it happened, just so many things went wrong for him in that heat race.. we got there to watch the 1st qualifying b4 the heats and he was lookin so so good was really lookin fwd to him battling hanson all night long. I googled hip dislocations and seems like it s 4-6 month recovery time ?? just gota wish him a speedy recovery and hope he makes some rounds later in 2011

wingman7nz
15th November 2010, 12:29

yea i noticed that too i think there was a gap round the far side by the GA stand which is where BT rejoined the race but then i saw a lites rider jump back onto the track over a tuff block at the end of the rhythm section after goin off in a simliar place to BT.

Jeff Alessi looked like he was on another planet when he went down almost same spot again as townley.. there must have been something up with that jump face or the lead in line around there ? someone on this thread said puddles in between rhythm jumps down in that section.. thats just plain scary ! i got the feeling that they watered it with the view that the sun would stay out longer into the evening but a huge cloud came over and basically the track remained slick for the start of the heats :facepalm:

RJM
15th November 2010, 12:35
Could the attendance have been impacted with the Chad Reed no show? The radio ads were still plugging his attendance which I think was a bit rude of the promoters.

Talking to people at the event that thought Chad Reed was going there they felt a little mislead.

Still an awesome show though, $49 in the GA section was a bargain.

motor_mayhem
16th November 2010, 19:48
The racing was great. I thought that the 8 rider knockout thing was a bit flat though.

Disagree about the knockout, tokk my better half along (who doesn't really have much interest in mx) and she thought that was the most exciting, particularly the eliminator races with Reardon in them as he hung tough and challenged the whole way through.

Gutting for BT, but looked like he and Phillips were feeling the pressure of being in front of a home crowd.

DMNTD
16th November 2010, 19:52

I would gladly pay the $300au too!!!
Different strokes I guess

scott411
16th November 2010, 20:57
jsut been up to see BT in Hospital, he gets out in the morning and the outlook is great, will be up and riding alot sooner than they thought on sunday,

clmintie
16th November 2010, 22:17
jsut been up to see BT in Hospital, he gets out in the morning and the outlook is great, will be up and riding alot sooner than they thought on sunday,

Oh man that's such good news. That was a hell of a thud, must be made of the same stuff as aircraft black boxes..... Go BT101...

takitimu
17th November 2010, 05:19

Awesome, watching him land and bounce over to the next jump like a rag doll was pretty scary, just glad he'll make a full recovery and come back healthy.

Are they still targeting mx1 or is that unrealistic ?

Grubber
17th November 2010, 05:45
My daughter and her boyfriend went. They paid $105 a seat and thought that only 3 hours of actual racing was a bit of a let down. Still enjoyed the event though, just thought it was a bit less bang for ya buck than they were hoping for.

scott411
17th November 2010, 05:59
Awesome, watching him land and bounce over to the next jump like a rag doll was pretty scary, just glad he'll make a full recovery and come back healthy.

Are they still targeting mx1 or is that unrealistic ?

maybe first ride just this side of christmas, MX1 is all go for sure,

oldguy
17th November 2010, 20:31
maybe first ride just this side of christmas, MX1 is all go for sure,
Cheers Scott, that's good news.:sweatdrop was worried for him.

cynna
19th November 2010, 01:44
heading off down to dunedin for the next round in the morning. never been to anything like this before so looking forward to it

2fitty
21st November 2010, 17:29
Shite that carrisbrook track looked nasty, even the track announcer was wearing tear offs and waders, "house of pain" more like house of rain bog and ruts.