PDA

View Full Version : Triumph Daytona 675R

sil3nt
22nd October 2010, 13:31
http://www.motorcyclenews.com/MCN/News/newsresults/New-bikes/2010/October/oct2110-2011-triumph-daytona-675r-official-pictures/
:drool:

White/Black fairings and a red subframe...Yes please!!!

ckai
22nd October 2010, 14:21
Reminds me very much of a CBR :(

Around $2k premium over the 675 makes for VERY interesting reading. I would say, more realistically, this will be running very close to the $20k mark from all the bits and bobs.

Luckylegs
22nd October 2010, 14:22
Think this years se model (white with blue frame) was yummier

sil3nt
22nd October 2010, 14:25
Reminds me very much of a CBR :(

Around $2k premium over the 675 makes for VERY interesting reading. I would say, more realistically, this will be running very close to the $20k mark from all the bits and bobs.Just be glad they didn't make it in your 'oneofakindsoihavetowaitayeartogetit' blue.

ckai
22nd October 2010, 14:29
Just be glad they didn't make it in your 'oneofakindsoihavetowaitayeartogetit' blue.

hahah exactly. But if Triumph are anything to go by, once they release this, it'll take 18 months from order to doorstep just to make it more 'special' :)

I reckon they could have done a blue or green theme instead of the red. Make it more British.

speedfish
22nd October 2010, 16:22
absolute sex on wheels very nice

Urano
24th October 2010, 20:23
one of the most beautiful bike ever.
even if i continue to prefer the first design...

trailblazer
24th October 2010, 23:58
that is a very nice looking bike.:yes:

baptist
25th October 2010, 23:09
:wings::woohoo: very nice! :yes::not::clap::clap::clap::ride:

MD
28th May 2011, 12:50
Just had a look over the one at Motorad. The best looking 675 I've seen and good value compared to what the standard 600s and 675 are going for these days.

Wish I could have one as a second bike. The white paintwork is top notch. The red frame could also have been done in metalic paint. But that's getting really, really picky to make me feel OK about not owning one.

matdaymon
28th May 2011, 13:47
DAMN, I need a girlfriend so I can make a first born to trade for one of those!:gob:

boman
28th May 2011, 17:15
Just had a look over the one at Motorad. The best looking 675 I've seen and good value compared to what the standard 600s and 675 are going for these days.

Wish I could have one as a second bike. The white paintwork is top notch. The red frame could also have been done in metalic paint. But that's getting really, really picky to make me feel OK about not owning one.

Yes they are lovely bikes. Gorgeous in the flesh."

R6_kid
28th May 2011, 23:31
The current advertised price for these in Australia is cheaper than a 2010 model Yamaha R6 :gob:

matdaymon
29th May 2011, 15:47
Yet another reason to move across the ditch :facepalm:

SWERVE
8th June 2011, 19:14
Just been to see a 675r at Street & Sport in ChCh................ i want..i want.. i want still think my 06 is best bike i have owned,,,,,,, but if i was in market for new one i wouldn,t even bother looking at anything else

short-circuit
8th June 2011, 21:27
Just been to see a 675r at Street & Sport in ChCh................ i want..i want.. i want still think my 06 is best bike i have owned,,,,,,, but if i was in market for new one i wouldn,t even bother looking at anything else

except this http://www.trademe.co.nz/Browse/Listing.aspx?id=381600178

boman
9th June 2011, 09:49
except this http://www.trademe.co.nz/Browse/Listing.aspx?id=381600178

Very,very nice bike.

short-circuit
9th June 2011, 09:54
Very,very nice bike.

Thanks. She's even nicer in the flesh :blip:

boman
9th June 2011, 10:00
Thanks. She's even nicer in the flesh :blip:

I am sure it is, but I have just got a new toy. Bank hates me right now.

short-circuit
9th June 2011, 10:12

Congratulations and enjoy...these 675s are absolutely stunning beasts

Toaster
9th June 2011, 10:39

Congrats mate, did you get the 675 or 675R?

I test rode the new 675 a while ago - brilliant for corners that is for sure. Awesome track bike for sure.

boman
9th June 2011, 11:08
Congrats mate, did you get the 675 or 675R?

I test rode the new 675 a while ago - brilliant for corners that is for sure. Awesome track bike for sure.

I thought I would splash out and buy the R model. Just to be different, from the rest.

Toaster
9th June 2011, 11:56
I thought I would splash out and buy the R model. Just to be different, from the rest.

Good on you, fabulous bike that. Would be my choice for a track days. It will be interesting to hear how it goes etc.

boman
9th June 2011, 14:03
Good on you, fabulous bike that. Would be my choice for a track days. It will be interesting to hear how it goes etc.

So far so good. The adjustability in the shocks is great. Brakes are fantastic, and all in all, a hell of alot of fun.

Toaster
9th June 2011, 21:17
So far so good. The adjustability in the shocks is great. Brakes are fantastic, and all in all, a hell of alot of fun.

Feel free to turn up and show it off. I'll put a brew on or open a beer or two.

I am a little jealous. Damn fine machine.

boman
10th June 2011, 15:15
Feel free to turn up and show it off. I'll put a brew on or open a beer or two.

I am a little jealous. Damn fine machine.

I was up at AMPS this morning. They had one up there, sitting in the showroom. And I do not really go near Kaukapakapa. It is a little out of my way.:woohoo: Maybe in the summer.

Little Miss Trouble
10th June 2011, 15:18
I was up at AMPS this morning. They had one up there, sitting in the showroom. And I do not really go near Kaukapakapa. It is a little out of my way.:woohoo: Maybe in the summer.

There's a track day at Hampton Downs on Sunday and the weather is looking mint :sunny:

My reasons for telling you this may be just so that we can all perve at your bike

boman
10th June 2011, 15:55
There's a track day at Hampton Downs on Sunday and the weather is looking mint :sunny:

My reasons for telling you this may be just so that we can all perve at your bike

Haha. One day... Still working on the setup at the moment. But I am tempted.

MD
10th June 2011, 16:41

Congrats. Take it from someone who clocked up 26,000km on a 675 Daytona, you will love it. I never tired of that beaut noise when you fire it up..music

ps- please don't change you avatar. But she must get so tired from all that boucing?

boman
10th June 2011, 17:01
Congrats. Take it from someone who clocked up 26,000km on a 675 Daytona, you will love it. I never tired of that beaut noise when you fire it up..music

ps- please don't change you avatar. But she must get so tired from all that boucing?

I am enjoying it already. I went from a SV1000 Vtwin, to a screaming InLine Triple. I thought the twin was a great sound. Man, I love that triple sound. Gorgeous..

Geeen
10th June 2011, 21:20
Man, I love that triple sound. Gorgeous..

Addictive isn't it? :love::drool: Congrats on an awesome bike by the way.

Robert Taylor
10th June 2011, 22:58
This bike will work even better and more composed if you fit an internal top out spring inside the Ohlins shock. The aftermarket Ohlins shock has such a spring but not the shock for oem supply.
There is also a rather better valving spec that we can install inside the cartridges. More initial compliance but also better control

boman
11th June 2011, 07:32
This bike will work even better and more composed if you fit an internal top out spring inside the Ohlins shock. The aftermarket Ohlins shock has such a spring but not the shock for oem supply.
There is also a rather better valving spec that we can install inside the cartridges. More initial compliance but also better control

One day RT. I will pay for the thing first.