PDA

View Full Version : Classic & Twinshock Trials Practice Meeting 26th June Mercer MX Track

Trakxntrials
10th June 2005, 07:05
Trials for Classic Bikes and Twinshocks at the Mercer MX Track 26th June. NZCMRR. Signing in 9.30am - 10.30am. Start 11.00am. Entry on the day $15.00. As this is a Practice Trial, NO Competition License is Necessary. But you Mustbe a member of a MNZ affiliated club. :ride: Come and meet some awesome blokes and their machines. Alot of fun and learn some necessary motor bike handling skills. :niceone:

Motu
10th June 2005, 08:24
The Mercer track is used for the ''winter trial'' because it's mostly sand and an all weather venue - a couple of years ago we rode in a raging storm! that was a lot of fun.It's harder than you'd think as the sand gives some...ah,traction difficulties.

See you there - I hope we have a good turnout,our trials group has been in disaray since the sad passing of Allan Ready...Allan did everything for us,we just turned up and rode,then he told us when the next one was.....it's taking a lot of people to fill his shoes.

Trakxntrials
10th June 2005, 10:35
He surely is greatly missed, and I am trying to reconnect all the classic & twinshock riders. I would like to keep it going. He did so much work with the people and the club - I just wished that I could of met him. Any ideas of club events, practise meetings ... anthing ...? Pass it on to me. Who is Motu anyway? *cheesy grin*

Oscar
10th June 2005, 11:14
He surely is greatly missed, and I am trying to reconnect all the classic & twinshock riders. I would like to keep it going. He did so much work with the people and the club - I just wished that I could of met him. Any ideas of club events, practise meetings ... anthing ...? Pass it on to me. Who is Motu anyway? *cheesy grin*

This guy?

http://oscar.smugmug.com/photos/542548-M-1.jpg

Trakxntrials
10th June 2005, 12:05
Oh - he knows me too - ARRRRRRrrrrrrrrrrrrggggggggggggggh

Oscar
10th June 2005, 12:10
Isn't the idea to keep yer feet ON the pegs???

http://oscar.smugmug.com/photos/542561-M-1.jpg

Trakxntrials
10th June 2005, 12:12
Waiting for the next section to come to him probably - I hope he's not looking :rofl:

Trakxntrials
10th June 2005, 12:13
Where are these pics taken? Looks like an awesome play ground?

Oscar
10th June 2005, 12:16
Te Pahu in 2003.

See here: http://oscar.smugmug.com/gallery/16248

http://oscar.smugmug.com/photos/542554-M-1.jpg

Trakxntrials
10th June 2005, 12:36
Look at this one, my partner took 2years to fully restore this baby. Then I was on it 5mins in the yard - and kissed the block wall - Ye Ouch! The bike survived, only lost the knob off the brake lever. Me .... well just thought I would putter around, didnt think any thing of it (to put my gloves on) and ended up taking the skin from the nails to my knuckles on two fingers. I always wear my gloves now. Even just puttering around.

Motu
10th June 2005, 13:02
So are you the one who sent me the email about the trial Trakxntrails? Andy said he had found someone who knew how a computer worked to keep us all informed.Tiz a good idea.

I didn't do the Te Pahu trial last year Oscar,but hope to do it this year,that's such a great property - I wanna ride ''the pipeline'' again! But just getting between sections is a mission in itself.The Hamilton Club always put on a good event,and I hope to ride more of their trials as I am now ''a local''

Oscar
10th June 2005, 15:42
So are you the one who sent me the email about the trial Trakxntrails? Andy said he had found someone who knew how a computer worked to keep us all informed.Tiz a good idea.

I didn't do the Te Pahu trial last year Oscar,but hope to do it this year,that's such a great property - I wanna ride ''the pipeline'' again! But just getting between sections is a mission in itself.The Hamilton Club always put on a good event,and I hope to ride more of their trials as I am now ''a local''

Local? http://www.advrider.com/forums/images/smilies/eek7.gif
Whaddya mean?

Trakxntrials
10th June 2005, 16:14
I probably was the one who sent the email to you - I have done a fair bit of that just lately and sending out mailouts to everybody on the 2003 Old list. Trying to sort out the information, who is riding, what they are riding, if they are still at the same addresses etc. Just when I think I am near the end, some body else sends me a few more names to add to the list. Some of the locals I actually phoned - they are awesome blokes to chat with - alot of ideas of what they would like to see happening in the near future. Hopefully we can get a few more FUN DAY practise trials going - they seem to be popular.

Hey I tried to upload a pic of the TLR, but I couldnt get it to come on screen - am I not holding my tongue in the right direction or what???

Motu
10th June 2005, 16:54
Local? http://www.advrider.com/forums/images/smilies/eek7.gif
Whaddya mean?
A big truck came today and took all our stuff to Huntly - we spend this weekend taking down all the stuff that didn't fit in the truck.Now where do I get a bulk buy on fog lights? I might make Hamilton my club....if they are nice.

Trakxntrials - go to manage attachments and upload from your computer,then post,it should work,an image like Oscar has done need to be liked to a website.Thanks for your work on our trials group...people like me who only take and never give reley on unselfish souls like yourself.Over the last couple of years the few trials i do a year has been all I can manage - I'm looking forward to being ''settled'' again.

Oscar
10th June 2005, 17:41
A big truck came today and took all our stuff to Huntly - we spend this weekend taking down all the stuff that didn't fit in the truck.Now where do I get a bulk buy on fog lights? I might make Hamilton my club....if they are nice.

Trakxntrials - go to manage attachments and upload from your computer,then post,it should work,an image like Oscar has done need to be liked to a website.Thanks for your work on our trials group...people like me who only take and never give reley on unselfish souls like yourself.Over the last couple of years the few trials i do a year has been all I can manage - I'm looking forward to being ''settled'' again.

Whereabouts in Huntly?
I'm a member of the Huntly Golf Club.