PDA

View Full Version : Hello from the Wairarapa (Kyle_Cameron)

Kyle_Cameron
26th October 2010, 18:13
Hey everyone, i'm Kyle.

Just bought my first roadbike the day before yesterday and now I feel obliged to subscibe (signing up without a bike sounded sad). I bought a '06 Hyosung GT250R and so far i'm really happy with it. Am keen now to get out riding over the summer with other bikers as i'm the first of all my mates to get a roadbike so I think I might get a bit lonely lol. I have a considerable amount of experience in the dirt department but decided to go out on a limb with the roadbike idea as i'm sick of paying heaps to run my car and bikes just seem to have more fun, especially during the up and comming months. As I run up and back between Martinborough and Palmy to see the ball and chain fairly often, it really made sence in my head

So yeah anyways, just thought id say gidday guys. How are you all?

Quasi
26th October 2010, 18:42
Hey Kyle - welcome to KB, its generally full of shite:gob:, take a lot of stuff with a grain of salt:facepalm:, but also guaranteed to have a few laughs here as well:yes:

We do lots of riding through the Rapa, so will let you know so you can join us:scooter:

Gibbo89
26th October 2010, 19:22
Hey everyone, i'm Kyle.

Just bought my first roadbike the day before yesterday and now I feel obliged to subscibe (signing up without a bike sounded sad). I bought a '06 Hyosung GT250R and so far i'm really happy with it. Am keen now to get out riding over the summer with other bikers as i'm the first of all my mates to get a roadbike so I think I might get a bit lonely lol. I have a considerable amount of experience in the dirt department but decided to go out on a limb with the roadbike idea as i'm sick of paying heaps to run my car and bikes just seem to have more fun, especially during the up and comming months. As I run up and back between Martinborough and Palmy to see the ball and chain fairly often, it really made sence in my head

So yeah anyways, just thought id say gidday guys. How are you all?

hi there,

does your hyosung have a loud exhaust on it? just wondering because they can sound pretty sweet with a loud can on them. someone will prove me wrong but i think a lot of hyo owners chuck on a screamin demon pipe on them.

enjoy your bike.

welcome to kb

junkmanjoe
26th October 2010, 21:26
hi there... rapa rider up in masterton....every now and then i bump in to Quasi, she a great Gal... so more than likey we meet up as well.........
i dont quite fit in with the roadies,,,,im to tall...

remember double yellow means free passing..........:facepalm:

JMJ

Kyle_Cameron
30th October 2010, 16:38
hi there,

does your hyosung have a loud exhaust on it? just wondering because they can sound pretty sweet with a loud can on them. someone will prove me wrong but i think a lot of hyo owners chuck on a screamin demon pipe on them.

enjoy your bike.

welcome to kb

Cheers.

Nah, mine doesn't have a pipe on it... yet. I'm really thinking about doing it though coz it sounds like a sewing machine at the moment, I pulled up to show some mate my bike and they didn't even hear me turn up! haha, sad moment. I might just take the muffler off and ride it open pipe, at least it'll be heard haha!

Gibbo89
30th October 2010, 18:17
Cheers.

Nah, mine doesn't have a pipe on it... yet. I'm really thinking about doing it though coz it sounds like a sewing machine at the moment, I pulled up to show some mate my bike and they didn't even hear me turn up! haha, sad moment. I might just take the muffler off and ride it open pipe, at least it'll be heard haha!

oo, not a good moment showing your mates... but at least you are out there now and those hyosungs look pretty damn sweet too.

something like this might be your kinda thing?

http://www.trademe.co.nz/Trade-Me-Motors/Motorbikes/Parts-for-sale/Performance/auction-328136064.htm

or this:

http://www.trademe.co.nz/Trade-Me-Motors/Motorbikes/Parts-for-sale/Exhaust/auction-327904160.htm

http://www.trademe.co.nz/Trade-Me-Motors/Motorbikes/Parts-for-sale/Exhaust/auction-327904300.htm

obviously pretty expensive, just keep your eyes out for a good deal. but at the end of the day its just the sound and possible slight performance increase, not a big deal.

enjoy the rides over summer

edit: saw this too:

http://www.trademe.co.nz/Trade-Me-Motors/Motorbikes/Parts-for-sale/Exhaust/auction-327159889.htm

The Everlasting
2nd November 2010, 17:12
Hey Kyle,welcome to KB.