PDA

View Full Version : Old duck mbike license coming in new...

Gorgeousplak
27th October 2010, 19:41
Hello, just joined yesterday and rode mbikes spread over 28 years. Got provisional license in the days of Traffic cops and not Police, went around for a period on a Suzuki 175 as a learner. That was 1982, they didn't have restricted, you only had to do a reasonably good ride etc and I received full. The new licenses from paper to plastic, had Class 1, 6.
Late 80s and 90s, 2000s had other classes with numerous other rides or mbikes. With additions on new I noticed that Class 6 was missing off plastic at my last updated license. Now that I have recently lost my wallet, I will have to push issue with Ministry to replace plastic and make sure Class 6 is returned on latest replacement.
Btw this is a great site! But just wondered, has anyone else had this happen?

MIXONE
27th October 2010, 19:43
Never happened to me.
Welcome aboard.

porky
27th October 2010, 20:25
82 was a good year! road legal AE80, all that power!!!, then KDX 175. The days when indicators were attached to your shoulders, and a crunchy the clown air horn was good enough for a WOF. As for dropping catagorys in the transition from the book to paper to plastic my dad lost his heavy trailer. Never chased it up as he didnt require it, but yes it did occur. Never heard it happening on plastic tho . I have to replace my "lifetime" license next year and will be counting all the numbers.:yes:

Gorgeousplak
27th October 2010, 21:21
Porky
..oops I just reclarify, on shift from paper to id photo, that the same has happened.. disappeared back then.