PDA

View Full Version : A word about Kerry (Motohaus)

Firefight
10th June 2005, 13:03
Ia'm not a great one for compliments as those that know me would tell you, but I have to say what a good bloke Kerry of motohaus tyres is.

I have been going to Kerry for a fair while now, and always get a good deal , and great service.

As a canny Scot and a bit of a tight cunt, I tend to shop around for my tyres,mostly I buy off Kerry, but sometimes I get a tyre from someone else, Amps are good, and that Skinny cunt in Wellington sometimes has a good deal, anyway it never worries Kerry if I buy the tyre from him or not, I still get a good deal on fitting, he looks after your bike, and makes you feel welcome.

He also stocks a bit of bike stuff, this morning he did me a sharp deal on a new lid(Arani)

So thanks Kerry, will be thinking about you(hes open saturdays and sundays)while Ia'm out on the bike this weekend.

F/F :ride:

bungbung
10th June 2005, 13:15
Good on ya FF.

Most people only talk about their bike shop when there is a problem of some sort. So I'd like to say big ups to WMCC, WT made me a nice cup of tea on Wednesday.

badlieutenant
10th June 2005, 15:26
is that why WT is leaving welly ? is he sick of been the tea biatch ? :D :devil2:

vifferman
10th June 2005, 15:37
Ia'm not a great one for compliments as those that know me would tell you, but I have to say what a good bloke Kerry of motohaus tyres is.
Yup, sure is.
Probably why he's not toldlessly wealthy.
I've had two sets of tyres from him, chain and sprockets, braided brake lines and bleed, brake pads, WOFs, oil/filter change (yeah, I know I could do it myself, but how does that keep him in business?), packrack + fitting (no real profit for him from that, as there was a lot of shaggin about to get it right), and sundry other bits'n'pieces. But I intend to throw my business his way whenever I can, because he's honest, does a reasonable job, knows heaps, and goes out of his way to help. :niceone:

Grumpy
10th June 2005, 18:25
Gets my vote. Kerry is one of those blokes that you like to give your business. :niceone:

mattt
10th June 2005, 19:49
I'd have to agree with FF on this one. Kerry got the necessary papers together for when I took those homos from :mad: Rodney Motorcycles, Warkworth to court over a buggered bike they sold me. The little things that count. I've since gone back for new tyres when needed.

NinjaBoy
10th June 2005, 21:20
I have to agree. Kerry did the pre-purchase check on the CBR for me and I don't mind throwing work his way. He squeezes you in unlike some bike shops booked out for weeks and he's always friendly and helpful.

sAsLEX
10th June 2005, 22:57
yip gave him a pm once late notice pleased to squeeze me in with little notice and great service!

Big Dave
10th June 2005, 23:40
Most of my tools and shed 'makin's' are still in storage somewhere in newcastle nsw. (small house here)

So Motohaus is like my de facto shed. All the jobs like brake pads, chain & sprockets and things where it's easier to put the bike on a hoist - I just take it over there and he sees me right.

he's put in a good stock of Arai helmets and ventura products and does things like braided lines through to plastic welding.

I follow his advice about tyres, he knows more about them than I'll forget.

Kerry keeps my bikes legal, warranted and it's a happy place to take it.
Even if he is a ghey bmw rider.

crashe
12th June 2005, 15:55
Yep Kerry is a cool dude...
He has been really very helpful to me over the past few years...
and I won the tyres in the last big competition (Avon) and still have them on.... took a while to get them over here from the UK...hehehe but that was from the UK end of things that took them so long. He is great at checking ya tyre pressure etc. And gives out really helpful advise. Yep Kerry I do listen...hehehe.

Kerry is always friendly and a straight up kind of guy.
Tells ya like it is.

I bowl on in just to catch up and have a chat....
I'm still waiting to be offered a cuppa thou.... lol.

Lucyloo
12th June 2005, 22:01
I'm in love with Kerry!

Jantar
12th June 2005, 22:07
These are all great testimonials. But for someone from outside the area who may just need a tyre or two at some stage when up north. Where is he? :niceone:

Lucyloo
12th June 2005, 22:08
Motohaus...Western Springs Road, next to Motomail.

Big Dave
12th June 2005, 22:42
Motohaus...Western Springs Road, next to Motomail.

There was a famous snooker commentator - 'Whispering Ted Lowe' who once whispered into the mic between shots:
'Now he's after the pink, and for those of you with Black and White televisions, that's the one next to the blue'.

Motohaus
6 western springs rd kingsland auckland
(09) 815 8384

- pp63 Kiwi Rider Magazine ($10 at your news stand)

sAsLEX
12th June 2005, 22:55
There was a famous snooker commentator
ironic..........

kels
12th June 2005, 23:03
How wonderful to see that Kerry is getting the compliments and acknowledgement that he truly deserves.

What a man...what a trooper. He is such a dude and it never is a problem for Kerry to go the extra mile. He truly is one in a million. I met Kerry through my Ex Partner and have the upmost respect for him. I wish that there were more people like him out there!
If you read this Kerry...All the very best always for you and your family. Oh and when the CBR is needing tyres...you know where I'll be going !!! :yes:
Kelly

Big Dave
12th June 2005, 23:10
ironic..........

Famous for his gaffes, then?

Riff Raff
13th June 2005, 06:14
Yeah he is a top bloke - always happy to have a chat and a laugh - oh yeah and he does good work too!

Lucyloo
13th June 2005, 08:31
There was a famous snooker commentator - 'Whispering Ted Lowe' who once whispered into the mic between shots:
'Now he's after the pink, and for those of you with Black and White televisions, that's the one next to the blue'.

Motohaus
6 western springs rd kingsland auckland
(09) 815 8384

- pp63 Kiwi Rider Magazine ($10 at your news stand)

Ok, Ok......it was late, I was tired........and I couldn't be bothered looking up the address :(
Thanks for the more detail infor Dave!

justsomeguy
13th June 2005, 08:55
Yup Kerry is the man, he and Trevor (his main spanner man) are top blokes, I go straight to them when I want some work done, don't shop around like I used to - as those guys have gained both my trust and respect.:niceone:

MOTOHAUS IS HIGHLY RECOMMENDED BY JUSTSOMEGUY:yes:

ktulu
13th June 2005, 09:10
I only live about 2minutes away from Motohaus (thats about 15minutes push up hill when the RGV is broken down) I had a whole lot of problems with my RGV and Kerry helped out heaps with that, giving me advice like telling me to stop riding it like and nancy and give it a good thrash so it will stop clogging up.

Bloody good guy to talk to and as soon as I was selling the RGV he offered to hook me up on a good deal with a new bike through some connections he had, sadly I've bought a house and am not on two wheels at the moment but I'll surely go back to kerry, it means a lot to me to have my bike with some one I can trust

crashe
13th June 2005, 18:38
I'm in love with Kerry!

Awwwwww Lucy, the sweet man is married ....
to a very lovely woman and a very proud daddy too.
:ride: :niceone:

v.ros`
14th June 2005, 14:11
Another member who highly recommend KERRY at Motohaus...

Fixed my CBR when the damn battery died on Queen Street (Imagine the shame)....

And even got me a good deal on the tyres.

And now am bout to ring him up for the Mongoose Alarm for my bike..

(It actually works out cheaper to get the alarm from a shop and get it installed by Kerry - then to actually go to mongoose direct and fit it thru their mechanic...)

:niceone: :niceone: Kerry

Lucyloo
14th June 2005, 16:59
Awwwwww Lucy, the sweet man is married ....
to a very lovely woman and a very proud daddy too.
:ride: :niceone:
I know...that just makes me love him even more!

anmolt
19th June 2005, 00:54
if anyone knows of my bike saga...alls well that ends well.......kerry has been a guardian angel for me.a mention for trevor as well........hes been very very accomodating and helped me out with everything possible.....i had just been to him once and he was commenting on how i shud have the right gear and i was like no money,etc..........and i newas owed him a bit for the brake disc.....so hes like dont worry about the money for now....id rather see you safe on the road than u getting injured on the road ...and jokingly adds ill get the money off you in a few months..so good for my business.....and all this from a person whose known me for a couple of hours.......kudos to you kerry and trevor as well.........