PDA

View Full Version : 2011 Honda CBR600F

Wiki Drifter
3rd November 2010, 00:47
Nice..... looks like a faired version of the 600 hornet with a new instrument cluster. I was praying Honda would make a new light & comfortable sports bike like the cbr600F4i for my next ride. :woohoo:

http://hellforleathermagazine.com/2010/11/2011-honda-cbr600f-a-faired-hornet/

http://www.motorcyclespecs.co.za/Gallery%20B/Honda%20CBR600F%2011%20%202.jpg

http://www.motorcyclespecs.co.za/Gallery%20B/Honda%20CBR600F%2011%20%203.jpg

http://www.motorcyclespecs.co.za/Gallery%20B/Honda%20CBR600F%2011%20%201.jpg

tigertim20
3rd November 2010, 02:15
i likey!...............

EJK
3rd November 2010, 02:20
Not bad. Not bad at all.

zeocen
3rd November 2010, 07:43
Okay, THAT interests me.

raziel1983
19th November 2010, 16:25
I'd buy it... If they double the the size of the engine, upgrade a few componants... cbr1200xx !

hayd3n
19th November 2010, 17:01
very nice
if i save untill 2020 i may be able to afford one.
on wonder if i can laybuy untill then?

specter
19th November 2010, 22:59
yea.. i suppose its nice.

nothing special really, kind of like a toyota corolla

James Deuce
20th November 2010, 00:00
They've tried to give it that VFR1200 look - which sucks btw.

NZsarge
20th November 2010, 05:43
nothing special really, kind of like a toyota corolla
Yeah..

They've tried to give it that VFR1200 look - which sucks btw.

Agreed, it doesn't work on this 600 but I don't mind it on the VFR1200, could have been better but I could live with it... But NOT the price!

James Deuce
20th November 2010, 07:33
But NOT the price!

It'll be discounted by 5 grand in 2 years time. Don't sweat it.

Urano
20th November 2010, 09:45
epic fail....
:facepalm:

it's a shame they used such a glorious name...

zeocen
20th November 2010, 16:23
How is a CBR600 tuned for the real world an epic fail?
You do realise the ergonomics are what the CBR600F4i was, right? It's not like they're inventing anything new. They were popular bikes and it seems logical to have a commuter friendly mid-range 4cyl sports bike - especially one that is and was fairly popular. I sure as shit would prefer this (and have, re. CBR600F4i) over an out and out screamer with clipons below the triple tree for an every day bike.

Having ridden the 2010 Hornet 600 I am suitably imperssed with the amount of punch it has for a mid-range bike, it has great useable torque for the real world.

James Deuce
20th November 2010, 16:31
Having ridden the 2010 Hornet 600 I am suitably imperssed with the amount of punch it has for a mid-range bike, it has great useable torque for the real world.

Until you ride a Street Triple. Then you get back on the Hornet and wonder why Honda bothered making such a flash 400.

zeocen
20th November 2010, 16:37
Until you ride a Street Triple. Then you get back on the Hornet and wonder why Honda bothered making such a flash 400.

I've ridden a Street Triple a number of times and later the Street Triple R, it's not for me. A great bike with a beautiful engine but I couldn't gel with it.
I personally think the torque is more than adequate for a 600 inline four motorcycle, it was actually quite impressive which was echoed through other riders (some with 990SMs, so know a thing or two about torque). If the Hornet 600 is 12,495 I can't see the faired version being more than a few grand higher so it would still be quite desireable. The Street Triple's extra essence is reflected in its price.

But, that's the beauty of choice, something for everyone out there. :)

p.dath
20th November 2010, 16:42
I like it, and I'd consider buying it.

Had to laugh when they said it only has 100 bhp. Plenty enough for me!

James Deuce
20th November 2010, 16:52
I've ridden a Street Triple a number of times and later the Street Triple R, it's not for me. A great bike with a beautiful engine but I couldn't gel with it.
I personally think the torque is more than adequate for a 600 inline four motorcycle, it was actually quite impressive which was echoed through other riders (some with 990SMs, so know a thing or two about torque). If the Hornet 600 is 12,495 I can't see the faired version being more than a few grand higher so it would still be quite desireable. The Street Triple's extra essence is reflected in its price.

But, that's the beauty of choice, something for everyone out there. :)

The Hornet was $17,995 initially. I expect the 600F to be close to $20k when it comes out. A couple of years down the track and it will a more reasonable price because they will have sold one or two and still have 12 in stock.

I've ridden both, thought the Hornet was great, rode a mate's 675 which completely destroyed any mid-sized bike available in the NZ market. The only reason a Hornet is more desirable than a Street Triple is because it's rego is cheaper. It does nothing as well as the 675. Torque? The 675 had no torque and no mid-range compared to my Buell 1125 and the Hornet is less of everything that the Striple is.

zeocen
20th November 2010, 20:24
*Shrug* that's your opinion mate, I'm not arguing you on what you like best. That's up for you to decide and it looks like you have. :)

I think the torque is adequate for someone like me and feeling more in-tune with faired sport-tourer bikes with clipons I'm fairly interested in this as a high mileage, low cost bike (I can't imagine them having the price as the premium the others were, it'd be entirely out of place - but logic isn't one of any motorcycle brands' strong points so I guess we'll have to wait and see).

This is coming from torque heavy bikes like the ZZR1100, Blackbird, ZZR1200, ZX14 and hell, even the Hornet 900 which had plenty of down low torque. I personally have found the 2010 Hornet 600 to pack enough punch if I don't let ego get in the way of my purchasing decisions.

James Deuce
20th November 2010, 20:48
low cost bike (I can't imagine them having the price as the premium the others were, it'd be entirely out of place - but logic isn't one of any motorcycle brands' strong points so I guess we'll have to wait and see).

It isn't going to be low cost, at least initially. Honda's pricing in NZ is always like that. Has been for years. Bring it in at a ridiculous rrp, sell a small number, get caned by a Suzuki Summerfest and then sell them cheap next year. Hornet 900s were like that. CRF230s were like that. VFR800s, CB1000Rs.

zeocen
20th November 2010, 20:52
It isn't going to be low cost, at least initially. Honda's pricing in NZ is always like that. Has been for years. Bring it in at a ridiculous rrp, sell a small number, get caned by a Suzuki Summerfest and then sell them cheap next year. Hornet 900s were like that. CRF230s were like that. VFR800s, CB1000Rs.

I hear that, I personally think a few companies have lost the plot in regards to pricing. However I'm not sure how they are going to justify a few fairings and a digital dash as being more than just a few grand more than its naked counterpart. But as you say, if anyone can, Honda will be one of the ones to try!

Gremlin
21st November 2010, 01:11
The CB600 is a zippy little commuter for sure. Never rode the street triple, did ride the speed triple ('08). Great engine, suspension and handling was shit.

Have a coffee with Hitcher and listen to the joys of Triumph NZ. That puts me off, otherwise I would look real close at a Tiger.

Urano
21st November 2010, 06:43
How is a CBR600 tuned for the real world an epic fail?

do you remember the cbr 600 f?
can you close your eyes and see it in front of you?
now, if you've ever ridden it, remember the comfy saddle and the perfect handles...
right.
exactly THAT bike.
now open your eyes and look at THIS....
:facepalm::facepalm::facepalm::facepalm:

in your reply it seems you haven't read the second line in mine.
i had expected a new cbr600f for years, and now... this...

ah, about the hornet... i'm glad of the punch, but i'd be more if the frame remains still and the engine wouldn't boil...