PDA

View Full Version : And so it begins (Matt_maverik)

Matt_maverik
3rd November 2010, 09:26
Hey awl,

I just joined as ive bought a 2004 GN250 and am going to learn to ride :) Really excited as have got bored of cars and wanted to get another license. I love driving just for the sake of driving so im really keen on getting a bike so im able to just cruise around and enjoy it!
If anyone has any tips/advise/help for me it would be much appreciated! Im looking at insurance at the moment with Protecta or Kiwibike and I still have to book my learners tests but that will have to wait a couple of weeks (Uni exams are a bitch)!

Its been a while since ive been active on forums so im looking forward to being here!
And again, any advise would be sweet!

Thanks awl,

Matt

neels
3rd November 2010, 10:15
Welcome :yes:

When you feel like some company keep an eye on the meetings and events forum for stuff happening in canterbury, there's a nice friendly bunch in chch that'll look after you.

Matt_maverik
3rd November 2010, 10:19
Sounds good! Thanx :)

Gibbo89
3rd November 2010, 10:31
Welcome Matt,

Solid wee bike you have chosen there, as Neels said, there is the Wednesday Night Ride that is learner friendly. Just get your basic skills down pat, and there will always be a 'tail end charlie' that does not let the new fullas get left behind.

You could also see the 'KB Mentor' program and see if they can offer you some advice.

Take opinions on here with a grain of salt, it is the internet after all. :gob:

Matt_maverik
4th November 2010, 20:15
Sweet az, sounds gud :) ill look into that ride and also the mentor program! :)

JimO
4th November 2010, 21:03
Sweet az, sounds gud :) ill look into that ride and also the mentor program! :)

Hi Matt, most of the KBrs are crusty old farts and dont like text speak, the alphabet has all those letters for a reason:yes:

Matt_maverik
6th November 2010, 11:27
Hey sorry about that, im at the sad stage when i don't even realise im doing it :(

JimO
6th November 2010, 13:43
Hey sorry about that, im at the sad stage when i don't even realise im doing it :(

no worries mate we were all young once...................although most of us cant remember back that far

The Everlasting
6th November 2010, 15:39
Welcome to KB.

You will have fun on the many rides your gonna do..:)