PDA

View Full Version : 2011 Aprilia Tuono V4 R

davebullet
5th November 2010, 12:00
Just loverly....
http://www.motorcyclenews.com/MCN/News/newsresults/videos/2010/november/nov0310-video-aprilia-v4-tuono-at-milan/

http://ultimatemotorcycling.com/files/2011-aprilia-tuono-v4-r%201.jpg
http://ultimatemotorcycling.com/files/2011-aprilia-tuono-v4-r%203.jpg
http://ultimatemotorcycling.com/files/2011-aprilia-tuono-v4-r%204.jpg

From sportsrider:

2011 Tuono V4 R

When the Aprilia V4 broke cover a few years ago I immediately began to wonder how long it was going to be before Aprilia would offer it as a naked bike. That has been answered. The new 2011 Aprilia Tuono V4 R motorcycle has broken cover.

Based on the all-conquering Aprilia that took home the 2010 World SBK crown, the new Tuono V4 R transforms the revolutionary Superbike into a more accessible street sport package without losing one iota of its motorcycle racing soul.

For starters the new Tuono is saddled with the same mighty V4 that powered Max Biaggi to numerous top speed records at circuits all over the world on his way to the Superbike title.

The Tuono utilizes a reconfigured RSV4 Factory APRC (Aprilia Performance Ride Control) SE V4, with the 65-degree engine delivering 162 horsepower through a second generation of electronic engine management engineered to provide the highest level of performance while ensuring a controlled ride.

The APRC system uses two gyros and two accelerometers to determine the state of the motorcycle (lean angle, degree of throttle, etc.) and modulating power delivery accordingly. The system includes ATC (Aprilia traction control), offering eight selectable levels, all working to control sliding when accelerating out of a turn, greatly reducing the chances of a highside.

Aprilia also equips their Tuono V4 R with AWC (Aprilia Wheelie Control), designed to gradually lower the front end when a motorcycle rider gets over-zealous with the throttle, preventing looping.

Another patented technology under the Aprilia name; AQS (Aprilia Quick Shift), allows full throttle, clutchless upshifts. And last, but not least, ALC (Aprilia Launch Control), which prevents looping your precious Tuono from a standing start. All very cool WSBK racing stuff.

All of this superbike racing technology has been tamed somewhat for the street with a reconfigured transmission that has a slightly closer spacing between first, second and third gear, while delivering maximum torque at a full 1000 rpm lower than the RSV4 to make the Tuono a more user friendly motorcycle.

Rounding out the power system the Tuono V4 R has a motorcycle exhaust system that is two kilos lighter than that of the RSV4 R. All of this brute power is delivered through Ride-by-Wire throttle control.

The Aprilia Tuono V4 R, stripped of its bodywork, makes the signature brushed aluminum dual beam chassis more prominent. What little bodywork remains is an aerodynamic bikini fairing fitted with two polyelliptical headlights that stare down the competition with a mean attitude.

As a naked upright with semi-wide handlebars, the V4 R motorcycle offers unparalleled maneuverability. Seating position, peg location and reach to the bars is designed as much for performance as it is comfort.

As can be expected from Aprilia, the Tuono V4 R APRC possesses nothing but the finest of components; Bembo brake units, new lightweight aluminum wheels, Sachs 43mm inverted forks and Sachs rear shock, all accentuating Aprilia's attention to detail on every square inch of their motorcycle.

A World Superbike Champion in the buff. How Italian.

•Engine type Aprilia longitudinal 65° V-4 cylinder, 4-stroke, liquid cooling system, double overhead camshafts (DOHC), four valves per cylinder
•Bore and stroke 78 x 52.3 mm
•Total engine capacity 999.6 cc
•Compression ratio 13:1
•Maximum power at crankshaft 162 hp (119 kW) at 11,000 rpm
•Maximum torque at crankshaft 110 Nm at 9,000 rpm
•Fuel system Airbox with front dynamic air intakes.
•4 Weber-Marelli 48-mm throttle bodies with 4 injectors and latest generation Ride-by-Wire engine management.
•Choice of three different engine maps selectable by the rider with bike in motion: T (Track), S (Sport), R (Road)
•Ignition Magneti Marelli digital electronic ignition system integrated in engine control system, with one spark plug per cylinder and "stick-coil" type coils
•Exhaust system 4 into 2 into 1 layout, single oxygen sensor, lateral single silencer with engine management system controlled butterfly valve and integrated trivalent catalytic converter (already meets future Euro4 regulations)
•Alternator Flywheel mounted 420W alternator with rare earth magnets
•Lubrication Wet sump lubrication system with oil radiator and two oil pumps (lubrication and cooling)
•Gearbox 6-speed cassette type gearbox
1st: 39/15 (2.600)
2nd: 33/16 (2.063)
3rd: 34/20 (1.700)
4th: 32/22 (1,455)
5th: 34/26 (1,308)
6th: 33/27 (1,222)
•Gear lever with Aprilia Quick Shift electronic system (AQS)
•Clutch Multiplate wet clutch with mechanical slipper system
•Primary drive Straight cut gears and integrated flexible coupling, drive ratio: 73/44 (1,659)
•Secondary drive Chain: Drive ratio: 42/16 (2.625)
•Traction management APRC System (Aprilia Performance Ride Control), which includes Traction Control (ATC), Wheelie Control (AWC), Launch Control (ALC), all of which can be configured and deactivated independently.
•Frame Aluminium dual beam chassis with pressed and cast sheet elements.
•Sachs steering damper.
•Front suspension Sachs upside down front fork with Æ 43 mm stanchions. Low profile forged aluminium calliper mountings for radial callipers. Completely adjustable spring preload and hydraulic compression and rebound damping. Wheel travel: 120 mm
•Rear suspension Double braced aluminium swingarm; mixed low thickness and sheet casting technology.
•Sachs piggy back monoshock with completely adjustable: spring preload and hydraulic compression and rebound damping. APS progressive linkage. Wheel travel: 130 mm
•Brakes Front: Dual 320 mm floating stainless steel discs with lightweight stainless steel rotor with 6 studs. Brembo radial callipers with 4 Æ horizontally opposed 32 mm pistons. Sintered pads. Axial pump master cylinder and metal braided brake hoses.
•Brakes Rear: 220-mm diameter disc; Brembo floating calliper with two Æ32 mm isolated pistons. Pump with integrated tank and metal braided hose
•Wheel rims Aprilia cast aluminium wheels with 3 split spoke design.
Front.:3.5"X17"
Rear: 6"X17"
•Tires Radial tubeless.
Front: 120/70 ZR 17
Rear: 190/55 ZR 17 (alternative: 190/50 ZR 17; 200/55 ZR 17)

davebullet
5th November 2010, 12:01
Although the headlight arrangement reminds me of a toad for some reason....

imdying
5th November 2010, 12:11
I suspect that it's a bike that doesn't photograph well.

onearmedbandit
5th November 2010, 12:18
I like it, but then what's not to like.

Although, the lights do remind me of a certain 80's movie star...

http://cogitopatris.files.wordpress.com/2008/07/johnny5isalive1.jpg

george formby
5th November 2010, 12:18
I got my eye on that wee beastie recently too.:sunny: I loved my dads 06 Tuono, the only "sporty" bike i have ever found comfortable & an absolute hoot to ride on windy, bumpy roads.
Sheesh, a bigger bank balance & a bigger garage would be nice.

=cJ=
5th November 2010, 17:57

[imghttp://cogitopatris.files.wordpress.com/2008/07/johnny5isalive1.jpg[/img]

No disassemble!

I like it in a "I crashed my RSV4 and can't be bothered buying new fairings" kind of way :-)

James Deuce
5th November 2010, 18:02
A worthy successor to the Buell 1125CR.

Devil
9th November 2010, 08:30
I think poor effort on the styling. Doesn't have the same degree of awesomeness in looks as the existing model.
Techie stuff sounds neat though. Dont want to see the price.

White trash
9th November 2010, 08:48
Bet it's freakin awesome to ride. Then who really gives a shit what it looks like?

Mental Trousers
9th November 2010, 09:02
If the wheelie control has an off switch then this thing looks to be the best hoon bike of the last few years.

short-circuit
9th November 2010, 20:34

http://cogitopatris.files.wordpress.com/2008/07/johnny5isalive1.jpg

don't see a resemblance

DMNTD
9th November 2010, 20:41
Bet it's freakin awesome to ride. Then who really gives a shit what it looks like?
+1.24

If the wheelie control has an off switch then this thing looks to be the best hoon bike of the last few years.
Agreed but Ducati created a beaut with the Street Fighter :yes:
I've done fair few kms on the RSV4R Factory and have to say it's one of the most fun power plants I've ridden...IMO.
Wacked into a nekkid...giddy the fark up! :woohoo:

AllanB
9th November 2010, 20:44

A really fat chick is probably nice to ride too - heck pick a skin fold, lubricate it, and go for your life. But face it you don't want to turn the lights on.

While it may be an amazing bike IMHO it is NOT a naked bike - FFS it is covered in plastic bits - screens, radiator fairings, belly pans etc. Give it a tall screen and it will make a hell of a tourer.
Strip that shit off it please.
In a few months you'll probably find me in my local Aprilia dealership ewing and arrrhhhhing over one and dribbling down my chin. :facepalm:

orangeback
9th November 2010, 21:33
? do we really need a 175 hp street fighter ???

onearmedbandit
9th November 2010, 21:42

We don't need one. But it's great to have the choice.

puddy
9th November 2010, 21:52
Well a 175HP street fighter sure beats a 75HP street fighter. If you don't want 175Hp, just wind the throttle less.