PDA

View Full Version : GSXR750G (86) front end

Timber020
30th November 2003, 10:54
The whole thing,brakes, forks, wheel, tyre, triples, guard, stem, clipons, master cylinder etc.

Forks (seals, oil etc) and brakes were redone about 2 years ago and did less than 3000kms before I binned the bike. Forks have about 3mm bend along there entire length on one side. (cant figure out which side, but now looking at them side on when off the bike you can see about that much difference looking at them side on.

I have put an RF900 front on my bike now so its surplus to requirements. I would have been happy to continue to use them on my bike but lets face it, shiny new bits are all to tempting. Will fit any Suzuki (just bolt on although some steering stops can be different) and can even be mated to CBR600's!

$500 ono and it could be all yours! (will be putting it on trademe soon)

wari
30th November 2003, 18:13
Whats the length and diametre of the forks ?

Timber020
30th November 2003, 20:47
The forks are, from axle centre to top cap, about 75cm long, 41mm diameter. They are 4 way adjustable preload and dampening.

Motoracer
1st December 2003, 12:35
I may be interested! I am however slightly concerned about this 3mm bend. I don't want the forks to act funny under brakeing for the hairpin at Pukie or colapce after landing a wheelie! Is the bend a big issue? I am planing to put it on a 2002 CBR 600 F4i. What do you reckon? Do I need to get the forks repaired or can I get away with it? If it needs repairs, any idea on how much it would cost?

Thanx!

Timber020
2nd December 2003, 17:40
I dont think a 3mm bend would be an issue, but the age of the forks for racing would be. These forks would be fine to use on a roadbike, but for racing I would want something firmer. (I used to race some time back). You could always put in progressive springs, gold valves and braided brakelines, but for that cost you would probably be better off getting some more modern forks/brakes/front wheel (if you can find a good set for less than your firstborn child).