PDA

View Full Version : My bikes still fucked

White trash
11th June 2005, 11:07
....and I feel like throttling someone.

Threw the new bits at it, fixed what we thought was the problem. Got it all back together and

....no change. In fact, it actually seems worse. Runs and idles fine, just off idle, the exhaust note changes a bit funny, revs to 4 grand then no more.

Early indications suggest it's somehow skipped a tooth and buggered the cam timing.

Course, that's got nothing to do with the reaming I gave it.

Motoracer
11th June 2005, 11:10
Crap, so frustraiting... I hope you'r able to sort it out soon man.

Good luck!

MD
11th June 2005, 11:17

Threw the new bits at it, fixed what we thought was the problem. Got it all back together and

....no change. In fact, it actually seems worse. Runs and idles fine, just off idle, the exhaust note changes a bit funny, revs to 4 grand then no more.

Early indications suggest it's somehow skipped a tooth and buggered the cam timing.

I'm the last Guy to take mechanical advice from but that's sounds similar to what I had happen years ago to my z650 Kwaka. NO SHOP could fix the bloody thing for months of trying. It would idle and that was about it. Turned out to be a stretched primary chain- mega big job to replace having to split the cases.. Good luck getting it going Jimmie.

dangerous
11th June 2005, 11:21
My bikes still fucked
missing something am I? this the GSXR what did ya do to it thought they were the mutts nutts and would take any kinda hammering :ride:

White trash
11th June 2005, 11:23
missing something am I? this the GSXR what did ya do to it thought they were the mutts nutts and would take any kinda hammering :ride:

Unfortunately mate, I've yet to meet a bike that can withstand a full on Trash assault.

Toast
11th June 2005, 11:37
Apparently before I bought my bike...the previous owner had a similar issue...it just wouldn't rev past a certain point.

Apparently after 16 hours labour, they found that the valve clearances hadn't been adjusted by the shop servicing it.

Dunno, could be an avenue to explore if you haven't been there already.

Good luck with it WT.

WINJA
11th June 2005, 11:39
Unfortunately mate, I've yet to meet a bike that can withstand a full on Trash assault.
GSXR1OOO IF I CANT BLOW IT UP YOU WONT.

erik
11th June 2005, 11:42
I didn't know the cam chain could skip a tooth... unless maybe there was something wrong with the camchain tensioner?

Good luck with getting it fixed.
Keep us updated, it's interesting.

FROSTY
11th June 2005, 11:45
Ive got the perfect trashy mobile--honda c50 :devil2:

White trash
11th June 2005, 11:46

I'll take that challenge mate. :niceone:

Thniking the valve clearance thing might be an avenue to explore.

You got any "real" suggestions Winja?

FROSTY
11th June 2005, 11:49
hey trash man--seriously--Have ya tried just swapping CDI units with another bike. also maybee swapping the complete dash panel

crazyxr250rider
11th June 2005, 11:51
mud bug takes a beating if thats what your after

White trash
11th June 2005, 12:01
hey trash man--seriously--Have ya tried just swapping CDI units with another bike. also maybee swapping the complete dash panel

Swapped with FunkyFly at Taupo. It aint that.

riffer
11th June 2005, 12:02

Hey that's a good idea. Go hassle Hayden... Your bikes are the same aren't they...

FROSTY
11th June 2005, 12:02
dash panel-Im wondering if theres a secondary rev limiter in there

White trash
11th June 2005, 12:03
dash panel-Im wondering if theres a secondary rev limiter in there

Nah, it's got a couple of fault codes. L046 and L047. It's definitely something more than just a rev limit setting.

Kickaha
11th June 2005, 14:14

Do they have anything like the Yamaha exup system in the exhaust?

TonyB
11th June 2005, 14:18
Yeh, they do don't they? Mine struggled to make 80km/h when it jammed shut. WT, did it start happening while you were riding- immediately after coasting on a closed throttle?

loosebruce
11th June 2005, 14:19
Fuck man that sucks, you got two weeks to get yo shit sorted and get that bike running. Or when hayden isn't looking......................or just whack him one over the head.

White trash
11th June 2005, 14:21

Yeah, that's all sweet.

sAsLEX
11th June 2005, 14:27
Nah, it's got a couple of fault codes. L046 and L047. It's definitely something more than just a rev limit setting.

and whats the translation of the fault codes into ingrish?

GROOMER
11th June 2005, 14:28
I would've thought maybe someone at a Suzuki dealership could fix it for you..know anyone that works at one? :whistle: :)

aff-man
11th June 2005, 14:33
This a new gixxer??

You havn't got an electrical fault i.e. fried the injector controller. That would be amusing :rofl:

Bonez
11th June 2005, 14:53

Threw the new bits at it, fixed what we thought was the problem. Got it all back together and no change. In fact, it actually seems worse. Runs and idles fine, just off idle, the exhaust note changes a bit funny, revs to 4 grand then no more.

Course, that's got nothing to do with the reaming I gave it.You poor thing..................

loosebruce
11th June 2005, 14:56
As always to bro, if you dont get it sorted by the time you get up here, you can use the TL whenever ya want. :niceone:

sAsLEX
11th June 2005, 15:27
As always to bro, if you dont get it sorted by the time you get up here, you can use the TL whenever ya want. :niceone:

nah give him the 250!!

loosebruce
11th June 2005, 15:50
nah give him the 250!!

Kinda not mine to give, the uh owner doesn't even know about last weekend, so hush hush now, move along, nothing to see here..............

Besides if WT beats me on the TL it's fine, if he beats me on the ZXR.......... :oi-grr: See where i coming from, besides a good mate would never rob another mate of the ability to wheelie, hence the ZXR is a little lacking. The TL however, when WT gets me fricken clutch plates sorted will be back to it wheelie flippin goodness. I'm not too worried bout the wind up here!

Bonez
11th June 2005, 15:59
The TL however, when WT gets me fricken clutch plates sorted ... Has he got the error code for that? :whistle:

**R1**
11th June 2005, 16:05
I'll take that challenge mate. :niceone:

Thniking the valve clearance thing might be an avenue to explore.

You got any "real" suggestions Winja?Buy a Yamaha.

mines done 20.000k's and apart from falling over on the track from time to time no probs.:rofl:

Wellyman
11th June 2005, 16:06
Get rid of that lemon and get a Honda mate! it would do you alot more good WT.

WINJA
11th June 2005, 18:25
46 AND 47 , ARE WE TALKING ABOUT A 1000 OR HAS THE NEW 600 GOT A SET VALVE , I MAY BE ABLE TO HELP

Sensei
11th June 2005, 20:04
No such codes they are all CO etc if its showing LO then your dash
digitals have been damaged . 46 is your ECV unit no code 47 CO46 is the highest . I take it you have a dealer swicth to read the codes .

WINJA
11th June 2005, 20:12
No such codes they are all CO etc if its showing LO then your dash
digitals have been damaged . 46 is your ECV unit no code 47 CO46 is the highest . I take it you have a dealer swicth to read the codes .
THATS WHAT GOT ME CONFUSED I JUST FIXED A 46 FAULT THE OTHER DAY FOR SOMEONE , TWAS THE SET SERVO

Sensei
11th June 2005, 20:20
Yep done mine last week Funkyflys is playing up to . Have full factory manual tells /shows everything on how to set with Ohms meter etc, plus all fault codes . Have complete ECV set up mate printed it off for me bloody Excellent manual , plus he has dealer switch so just plug in switch on a code shows easy :Punk:

WINJA
11th June 2005, 20:20
GSXR Fuel Injection (FI) Code List:

C14 - THROTTLE POSITION SENSOR
C15 - ENGINE COOLANT TEMPERATURE SENSOR
C21 - INTAKE AIR TEMPERATURE SENSOR
C22 - ATMOSPHERIC PRESSURE SENSOR
C23 - TIPOVER SENSOR
C24 - IGNITION SIGNAL #1
C25 - IGNITION SIGNAL #2
C26 - IGNITION SIGNAL #3
C27 - IGNITION SIGNAL #4
C28 - SECONDARY THROTTLE VALVE ACTUATOR
C29 - SECONDARY THROTTLE POSITION SENSOR
C30 - SECONDARY THROTTLE CONTROL UNIT
C31 - GEAR POSITION SENSOR
C32 - INJECTOR SIGNAL #1
C33 - INJECTOR SIGNAL #2
C34 - INJECTOR SIGNAL #3
C35 - INJECTOR SIGNAL #4
C41 - FUEL PUMP CONTROL SYSTEM
C42 - IGNITION SWITCH SIGNAL
C46 - EXHAUST CONTROL VALVE ACTUATOR (1000 ONLY)

Sensei
11th June 2005, 20:22
:niceone: Winja Fuck that ECV is a bugger to get at . :mad:

WINJA
11th June 2005, 20:23
Yep done mine last week Funkyflys is playing up to . Have full factory manual tells /shows everything on how to set with Ohms meter etc, plus all fault codes . Have complete ECV set up mate printed it off for me bloody Excellent manual , plus he has dealer switch so just plug in switch on a code shows easy :Punk:
DEALER SWITCH PPPFFFT I JUST USE A PAPER CLIP

WINJA
11th June 2005, 20:24
:niceone: Winja Fuck that ECV is a bugger to get at . :mad:
I TOOK THE BUTERFLY OUT , IT GOES BETTER

Sensei
11th June 2005, 20:30
I heard it fuck up the low speed ride . Did you just make a new pipe to the muffler ??

WINJA
11th June 2005, 20:32
I heard it fuck up the low speed ride . Did you just make a new pipe to the muffler ??
MADE MINE BETTER

WINJA
12th June 2005, 00:02
Whats a TIPOVER sensor? Does that tell you the bikes been down the road?

Also WT's bike is a 1000.
TOS SHUTS OFF THE BIKE WHEN ITS ON ITS SIDE , IF WT BIKE IS A THOU THEN THE FAULT WILL BE A SET VALVE FAULT

Bonez
12th June 2005, 09:38
TOS SHUTS OFF THE BIKE WHEN ITS ON ITS SIDE , IF WT BIKE IS A THOU THEN THE FAULT WILL BE A SET VALVE FAULTAll this techojelly speech is making my head spin. Time for a trot to Levin on the GB-back roads of choice................thump thump thump

Kickaha
12th June 2005, 09:44

Fuck,his would be on full time then :whistle:

sAsLEX
12th June 2005, 10:25

Also WT's bike is a 1000.

Kinda to kill the bike after you high side it through a fence, one of the guys at Wanganui was in the lead or near enough and was pushing so hard the bike thought it tipped over so he had to stop and turn it off then back on again, safe to say he lost heaps of positions

loosebruce
12th June 2005, 22:54
TOS SHUTS OFF THE BIKE WHEN ITS ON ITS SIDE , IF WT BIKE IS A THOU THEN THE FAULT WILL BE A SET VALVE FAULT

That PDF you sent me, would doing that mod basiclly make the SET valve redundant and mean no more error code as there is no SET valve in theroy?

Then if the bike still had an issue, it'd be something else wrong.

I'm not sure if WT has done the SET mod yet, so I'm guessing here.

White trash
18th June 2005, 13:38
and now it's sweet!!!!!!

Ahh haaa! grin dribble laugh grngineufhakfajlkf

See you pussys on the road!

FROSTY
18th June 2005, 13:59
OYYYY YA smartass skinny lill git--so dont leave us in the dark--WTF was the problem???

GSVR
18th June 2005, 14:00
So what was the actual problem? Did you fill it up with diesel instead of Regular 91 or something

placidfemme
18th June 2005, 14:01
and now it's sweet!!!!!!

Ahh haaa! grin dribble laugh grngineufhakfajlkf

See you pussys on the road!

Good to hear your bikes up and running now... you must have missed riding it

ride safe :ride:

White trash
18th June 2005, 14:07
Yes I am a far less grumpy person than before.

Apparently, some know nothing dickhead (namely me) neglected to notice a shim washer had been dropped when installing an engine cover. Said shim washer quickly became fragments after going through the starter motor idler gear. An offending "fragment" was then seen to be catching a ride up the camchain and decided to cause the inlet cam sprocket to "skip" and retard one tooth.

FROSTY
18th June 2005, 14:27
:devil2: so in plain engrish then---YOU FUCKED UP :devil2:
Fantastic jimmy --glad shes a runner again

Sensei
18th June 2005, 15:38
Now all you have to do is KEEP ON IT > :motu:

Two Smoker
18th June 2005, 18:00
Yes I am a far less grumpy person than before.

Apparently, some know nothing dickhead (namely me) neglected to notice a shim washer had been dropped when installing an engine cover. Said shim washer quickly became fragments after going through the starter motor idler gear. An offending "fragment" was then seen to be catching a ride up the camchain and decided to cause the inlet cam sprocket to "skip" and retard one tooth.

Glad to see that your bike is running again, ya slow fuck....

My bike has just gotten worse... Found out the headstock is bent a bit... makes for REAL quick turning (had a ride on it today) so it will be another 2 months at this rate...