PDA

View Full Version : BBQ Anyone ?

Dude
2nd December 2002, 12:07
Anyone keen for a Christmas BBQ let's say either the week end of the 14th or 22nd december @ my place (Takanini - AKL) ?

Anyone interrested please let me know and I'll arrange a little something... (Maybe a quick little ride towards Kawakawa Bay in the morning and back for a BBQ early afternoon...?)

:cool:

:beer:

svenhanne
4th December 2002, 16:57
22nd would be better for me... unless any of you want to come down for a game of paintball on the 14th - My work is having a paintball game on that day, with extra people welcome.

So if you can make it the 22nd, count me in

and: :beer:

Sven

Cuban
4th December 2002, 21:56
mind a couple of complete strangers ( riding 250s no less)?!

Dude
5th December 2002, 06:51
Eh Sven... can u give more details about that paintball game? I havent had a paintball game in ages... could be kinda kewl!

And as for the BBQ, the 22nd would be perfect as I finish work on the 21th for a couple of week... no better way to start a holiday than with a nice ride and a yummy BBQ :D

Oh and btw cuban, everybody welcome! :bigthumb:

:beer:

svenhanne
5th December 2002, 06:57
:ar15:

We are playing at the "Tour of Duty" field in Cambridge on Saturday, the 14th December, starts at 5.30. So there would be time for a ride before that :)

I will check today how many people they have and how many more can join. Will post that tonite !

Haven't played myself for ages !

Cheers, Sven

wari
5th December 2002, 10:20
I might haveta look for another job .... I always seem to be working when something good is on... :argh: :beer: :done:

Could shoot out after work on the 22nd if you're all still there, but wont be until about 7:30pm.

Dude
5th December 2002, 12:33
Wari... I actually meant the 21th which is a saturday and not the 22nd... sorry :brick:

Are you working on that day?

Is it still OK for you on the 21st Sven?

svenhanne
5th December 2002, 15:21
21st is just as good for me...probably even better

Sven:argh: :beer: :done:

svenhanne
5th December 2002, 15:26
as to the Paintball:

:ar15: :eek5:

they would like some more people, currently they have 11 and can have up to 24... so whoever wants a game of paintball...

and here comes the bonus:

I work for city council, so its your once-in-a-lifetime chance to shoot all those lazy bureaucrats that live of your rates....

how is that for an incentive ?

let me know and I pass the numbers on !

the more the merrier !

Sven

wari
5th December 2002, 16:33
Originally posted by Dude
Wari... I actually meant the 21th which is a saturday and not the 22nd... sorry :brick:

Are you working on that day?

Is it still OK for you on the 21st Sven?

No sweat brother ... Dont bash yourself up over it :-)
I'm working the Friday to Monday stint that week so, same deal for me either way.

Kiwibiker
6th December 2002, 01:15
Hi Would be keen to catch up. Leaving the UK tommorrow for 3 weeks home..
No return visa Uk though, bloody British imigation, canny get anything right :brick: , will have to blag it,

Anyway let us know the details

Dude
8th December 2002, 12:24
Eh Sven, do you have any prices for the paintball ??

svenhanne
8th December 2002, 14:44
prices for paintball....

something like $15 for the game including the gear and 100 shot or so (price from memory, might be a few bucks more...)

and reasonable rates for more paint... felt pretty cheap when I read it. can post more accurate prices on monday when I have checked it.

am in aucks at the moment... bloody shit weather hit me halfway between cowtown and dorkland :brick:

catch ya, Sven

Dude
12th December 2002, 13:57
Sorry guys but I will have to cancel the BBQ on the 21th... i have to fly to Auz for a meeting and won't be back before the 22nd late at night... but we'll try to re-schedule for a bit later in the christmas period... sorry :rolleyes:

Gixxer
12th December 2002, 16:47
maybe we should look at going for a ride, then doing a BBQ at one of the beaches that have the BBQ's?

wari
12th December 2002, 19:34
Originally posted by Gixxer
maybe we should look at going for a ride, then doing a BBQ at one of the beaches that have the BBQ's? \

Any suggestions on location? ... Like I say though I cant be there before 7:30ish pm unfortunately.

Cuban
12th December 2002, 20:30
sounds pretty good to me...

Cuban
12th December 2002, 20:40
sounds pretty good to me...

Gixxer
17th December 2002, 09:51
most of the beaches past orewa have BBQ's, wenderholm is nice, for those riders around ACKL.

not too sure what the beaches between hamilton and ackl, or coromandel are like.

any others?

svenhanne
17th December 2002, 11:40
wenderholm works for me...

Gixxer
17th December 2002, 13:27
:D sweet, wenderholm is a good spot.
Meet somewhere in albany and blaze out the back roads to welsford or something. then down to wenderholm maybe?:beer:

svenhanne
17th December 2002, 18:15
date will be a hard call - I leave that to someone else, happy to meet in albany, anyone who comes up from furter doen - south of bombays or so - could meet me earlier...

anyone interested, any dates ?

Gixxer
18th December 2002, 09:32
Sunday the 22nd is looking as if it will be a fine sunny day, plus it will give those of us who have not got our act together to get some pressie shopping done on Saturday.

Wari can come out after 7:30, so how about a afternoon ride some time after 3pm, and end up at wenderholm around 6ish.
hang for a bit and wait for anyone who can not make the ride, then have a BBQ for dinner?

svenhanne
18th December 2002, 16:25
I will be in Red Beach that day (10 minutes down the road from wenderholm), hopefully putting the engine back into my sportscar.... if I get the bits for my bike back in time, I will be up by bike...and will join you.

Cheers, Sven

Gixxer
20th December 2002, 09:56
So is there anyone else into this?

I think we should meet at the Albany Tavern at 4:pm.

go for a ride and end up at wenderholm around 6ish.

any other ideas?

wari
21st December 2002, 07:10
Sorry guys ... I'm not going to be able to make it at all now.

Cuban
22nd December 2002, 10:40
if you're still all reading this today, i may be able to come and drag another nifty 250 along,
but thats a maybe, coz have to get a WOF for old mans cage as a 200 fine last night made it a little imperative to get done.
where is albany tavern?

wari
27th December 2002, 21:07
Hey did you fullas manage to meet up at all ?