PDA

View Full Version : My first race meeting

sosman
15th November 2010, 21:51
Thanx A.M.C.C for a wicked day!. Was my first race meeting Well... I did do 5 timed practice/qual laps at Hampton downs Round 1 but then it rained so never raced.....need (spare wheels) So at Puke I manage to Qual 6th for Formula Auckland.
Race 1: Massive butterflies on the starting grid, big wheelie off the start (not good) & getting over taken by a pack of hounds going into turn 1 & then saw Phil go dirt tracking looking for kumara's by Castrol corner So there I was about 15th or something heading on to the back straight & at that moment was thinking what the Feck have I got my self into ha ha....RACING that's what I got myself into ha ha!.....I manage to climb my way back up to 6th for the first race & was so knacked I was ready for a bit of a Kip.

Race 2: Thinking to myself this time I will attack the start like the other pack of Hounds but No! another big learner wheelie take off & by lap 1 or two there was a red flag, so back to the dummy grid we went. Restart of Race 2 was better this time & manage 4th into turn one, so I think everyone else must of wheelied this time Muhaha!......I stayed in 4th for a few laps & can only manage to go hard for 6 laps (Unfit Farker) before I start getting knacked,losing concerntration, making mistakes & stuff (use to trackday speed lol, so manage to get 5th in that race.

Race 3: Was the highlight of the day for me, It doesn't matter where yr get as long as you have some one to battle with! & I had & Awesome one with Paul Ducan on the same GSXRthou as me & he did pretty awesome on his first visit to puke, last lap Paul pass me on the back straight so I was thinking OK Ive been making up time over Ford hill so that'll be my best chance to make a move... Well that move never happen cause I managed to still be in 3rd gear not 2nd while coming out of the Hairpin Doh! So got a 7th in that race. My best time was a 101.634
Even thou the Server crash at work, was a shite day, I still had a grin from Sunday! & even worked on my bike when I got home ha ha!
So now Trackdayer to part time Racer ...Yeahboi bring it on!

PS anyone got some k3GSXR1000 rims for sale :woohoo:

puddy
15th November 2010, 22:17
Onya.:yes:

Cr1MiNaL
16th November 2010, 12:05
101.634 at your first race meet. Mate your a legend. Nothing more to say that is blooming quick. I could do with shaving a couple seconds off my lap times.

Crasherfromwayback
16th November 2010, 12:11
Well done mate!

Peter Smith
16th November 2010, 17:36
That is a very impressive lap time. :gob: WELL DONE :yes:

roadracingoldfart
16th November 2010, 20:20
Well done that man .... i hear that Paul Duncan is a bit of a girl though so go after the bigger fish next time. :innocent: :blink:

Matt Bleck
17th November 2010, 08:16
Thanx A.M.C.C for a wicked day!. Was my first race meeting Well... I did do 5 timed practice/qual laps at Hampton downs Round 1 but then it rained so never raced.....need (spare wheels) So at Puke I manage to Qual 6th for Formula Auckland.
Race 1: Massive butterflies on the starting grid, big wheelie off the start (not good) & getting over taken by a pack of hounds going into turn 1 & then saw Phil go dirt tracking looking for kumara's by Castrol corner So there I was about 15th or something heading on to the back straight & at that moment was thinking what the Feck have I got my self into ha ha....RACING that's what I got myself into ha ha!.....I manage to climb my way back up to 6th for the first race & was so knacked I was ready for a bit of a Kip.

Race 2: Thinking to myself this time I will attack the start like the other pack of Hounds but No! another big learner wheelie take off & by lap 1 or two there was a red flag, so back to the dummy grid we went. Restart of Race 2 was better this time & manage 4th into turn one, so I think everyone else must of wheelied this time Muhaha!......I stayed in 4th for a few laps & can only manage to go hard for 6 laps (Unfit Farker) before I start getting knacked,losing concerntration, making mistakes & stuff (use to trackday speed lol, so manage to get 5th in that race.

Race 3: Was the highlight of the day for me, It doesn't matter where yr get as long as you have some one to battle with! & I had & Awesome one with Paul Ducan on the same GSXRthou as me & he did pretty awesome on his first visit to puke, last lap Paul pass me on the back straight so I was thinking OK Ive been making up time over Ford hill so that'll be my best chance to make a move... Well that move never happen cause I managed to still be in 3rd gear not 2nd while coming out of the Hairpin Doh! So got a 7th in that race. My best time was a 101.634
Even thou the Server crash at work, was a shite day, I still had a grin from Sunday! & even worked on my bike when I got home ha ha!
So now Trackdayer to part time Racer ...Yeahboi bring it on!

PS anyone got some k3GSXR1000 rims for sale :woohoo:

Well done Sean!

The last race was a highlight of the day for me too mate, cheers!!!

Matt Bleck
17th November 2010, 09:18
Well done that man .... i hear that Paul Duncan is a bit of a girl though so go after the bigger fish next time. :innocent: :blink:

SHIT YEAH, NO ONE WANTS TO GET BEATEN BY A girl!!!

roadracingoldfart
18th November 2010, 21:44
SHIT YEAH, NO ONE WANTS TO GET BEATEN BY A girl!!!

Do you mean racing ??? ohh sorry i see .

Toast
24th November 2010, 12:07
Dude you raced the most awesome 3 laps of the Endurance race last year...that counts as your first meet :D

Awesome times though mate, and on what seemed to be about the slowest thou’ out there. You’ll get more out of it though I’m sure.

Catch you at the next one!