PDA

View Full Version : Bike in accident at Inglewood at 10.15am.

crashe
12th June 2005, 12:16
NZ Police CommCens Alert 10:15 12-06-2005 Central

Location of incident: Dudley Road, Inglewood

Incident Type: Serious motor vehicle accident

Emergency services are currently attending a motor vehicle accident involving a motor bike and vehicle in Dudley Road, Inglewood.
The road is open but all services are curently in attendance.
Further updates to come.

I hope the rider is ok.

thehollowmen
12th June 2005, 13:29
hope so too
*Whispers a little prayer*

250learna
12th June 2005, 14:40
fingers crossed...

Ixion
12th June 2005, 14:52
Fark, not another one. Pray, people , for 'tis all we can do.

crashe
12th June 2005, 15:10
No more news / email has come to hand about this accident...
Sometimes you don't get a follow-up email from the site.

So hope all is well.

pritch
13th June 2005, 14:41
This does not appear to have been a motorcycle accident. The victim still needs your prayers.

From the Daily News:

An Inglewood boy (14) is in a critical condition after being struck by a car yesterday morning.

The boy was hit on Dudley Rd, just south of the town, by a carload of teenagers shortly after 10am.

The victim was believed to have been playing on the side of the road with his push-scooter when the car, travelling towards State Highway 3, came over a small rise in the road and hit him.

Dudley Rd farmer Ross Henwood said he had seen the boy carrying his scooter along the road just before the accident.

Mr Henwood did not see the collision, but ran to the scene. The car had skidded almost 100m up the road, taking the boy with it, smashed through a roadside fence, hit a power pylon and ended up nose-first in a dirt bank on the other side of the road.

"When I got there, the girl (from the car) was already out, sitting on the grass screaming," he said. "I didn't even know the kid was lying there (in the ditch)."

Neighbours had already called emergency services, but Mr Henwood said he could see the boy was in a serious condition.

"His head was already swelling up and he was only just breathing, I think. But he was still moving," Mr Henwood said.

The boy was rushed to Taranaki Base Hospital with severe head injuries and leg and abdominal injuries.

The three occupants of the car, two boys aged 16 and 17 and a 16-year-old girl, were taken to hospital with head lacerations and arm injuries. Police said the driver was from Inglewood.

Inglewood Constable Alistair Balsom said that after discussions with staff at Taranaki Base Hospital, police were having to revise initial ideas of what had caused the crash.

"At the moment we are unsure as to exactly what happened," he said.

Serious-crash investigators were on their way to Taranaki yesterday afternoon, and would be going over the scene today, Mr Balsom said.

Ixion
13th June 2005, 14:47
I guess the 111 people heard "scooter" and assumed motor scooter.

I pray for anyone in need not just bikers. I hope the poor bairn recovers.

John
13th June 2005, 14:48
Oh jesus christ!
thats bloody disgusting :( wonder if the driver had his full, and wasnt speeding nor under the influence, but then again we dont know if the child ran out, who knows what a disaster, hope the little dude pulls through

Ixion
13th June 2005, 14:54
when the car, travelling towards State Highway 3, came over a small rise in the road and hit him.

Dudley Rd farmer Ross Henwood said he had seen the boy carrying his scooter along the road just before the accident.

Mr Henwood did not see the collision, but ran to the scene. The car had skidded almost 100m up the road, taking the boy with it, smashed through a roadside fence, hit a power pylon and ended up nose-first in a dirt bank on the other side of the road.

Speeding over a hill top again, maybe. You just NEVER know what's going to be on the other side of that hill

Must have been going at a fair clip from the sound of it.

However there may be more to it than appears, since the police say they are revising their initial opinions.

crashe
13th June 2005, 16:41
OMG I do hope the young fella makes it.

My first post was a copy of the email that was sent to me via the Police.

ajturbo
13th June 2005, 19:37
OMG I do hope the young fella makes it.

My first post was a copy of the email that was sent to me via the Police.

poor bugger... you just never know when it's your time .

also how come you are sent these e-mails? why are you so speical?
or is it they are trying to fnd out who the person is in your aveatar????

crashe
13th June 2005, 19:52
poor bugger... you just never know when it's your time .

also how come you are sent these e-mails? why are you so speical?
or is it they are trying to fnd out who the person is in your aveatar????

http://www.police.govt.nz/news/media/subscribe.html

here ya go, check this out and sign up and tick "all or just the areas" that you want. Then you will get a email whenever there is any accident or incedent happening.... even armed robbery ones.
:niceone:

Sensei
13th June 2005, 19:58
This piece of road is where the Boy racers jump their cars over this hill . Sadly this time things went very wrong & now a death is on the cards . After car hit the boy it went across the road & hit a Power pole .