PDA

View Full Version : Honda Motor

Car Dodger
1st December 2003, 09:38
Hey Guys

Am looking to replace old CB400T motor 79 with somthing slightly larger around the same year, can anyone help, I have Cash.:)

Motoracer
1st December 2003, 10:11
I got a 02' CBR 600 complete bike. It had a head on, so the forks are bent and radiator dameged etc. Damage is just isolated to the front of the bike. The rest of the bike including motor, gearbox etc are all mint. It even has a Remus pipe that just sounds sooo good!

Asking price is 4,000 for the complete bike.

Edited: Oooops, I just saw that you wanted something of the same year. Sorry.

Car Dodger
1st December 2003, 10:17
Thanks man

but unfortunitly thats a bit out of my price range, just really after the motor, can only afford up to $500 ish.

Thanks anyway dude

750Y
3rd December 2003, 16:52
buy that engine in Tauranga. $500 is nothing when it comes to engines. you don't realistically expect a reconditioned one for that price surely? the parts as someone pointed out are $1500 alone then there's the labour & machining costs too. You're not british are You?
anyways another option could be to push it into a corner & wait for a smashed one turn up cheap, then You'll have a bunch of spares to go with it.
good luck

wkid_one
3rd December 2003, 17:49
Buy my R1 and put the engine in it - fuck it would be a rocket

Jackrat
3rd December 2003, 22:31
That $1500 is for a complete rebuild,Hell the parts ain,t that much. :gob:

750Y
4th December 2003, 07:45
Originally posted by Jackrat
That $1500 is for a complete rebuild,Hell the parts ain,t that much. :gob:

lol, sorry my bad! anways cardodger $500 & you're back in business sounds reasonable, specially with summer coming up you can be out there.

Car Dodger
4th December 2003, 12:48
Hey Mr 750Y ease up a bit dude

I'm not trying to be cheap, that is realy how much I have to spend unfortunitly.
I am well aware of how much these things actully cost.
Also I always fix my own bikes so machanics dont come into it.

But just wanted to try my luck anyway.
no harm in trying.
Thanks Heaps anyway man:2thumbsup

750Y
4th December 2003, 13:35
Originally posted by Car Dodger
Hey Mr 750Y ease up a bit dude

I'm not trying to be cheap, that is realy how much I have to spend unfortunitly.
I am well aware of how much these things actully cost.
Also I always fix my own bikes so machanics dont come into it.

But just wanted to try my luck anyway.
no harm in trying.
Thanks Heaps anyway man:2thumbsup

sweet as, no offence intended, i always cringe when i think how much the newer bikes cost to rebuild(don't even ask 8-)). that's why i thought you were being tight. I think maybe you are onto a good thing with the cb400(or is that gb400) btw was that you & a mate with a similar bike riding off together after your cable drama in E/T?
good luck

Car Dodger
4th December 2003, 13:49
No worries dude

I cant blame you, I surpose I did sound tight in hindsight.

I dont know of anyone else that rides a CB so I dont think it was me you saw.

Its all mostly my fault I have a bit of a passion for older Jap bikes, I cant explain why, maybe because there easier to work on.

But parts are getting harder to find, and when you do find them there in most cases horribly over priced.:(

750Y
4th December 2003, 15:40
post up what years & models etc. may suit also, we can keep the ears open for You.

Eddieb
5th December 2003, 10:16
Try this place, http://www.motorcyclecity.co.nz/auction.php. They are in Lower Hutt, Wellington.

The link goes to an auction recently where they cleared a lot of old cb stuff but they may still have some, or know where to get it from.

aNZac
26th October 2004, 20:24
Yo !!
The web address in your posting wont allow me in ?
any reason why?
I ride and have a nice GB400 so am always looking for bits etc...
Thanks
Robert

Hitcher
26th October 2004, 20:36
Yo !!
The web address in your posting wont allow me in ?
any reason why?
I ride and have a nice GB400 so am always looking for bits etc...
Thanks
Robert
Motorcycle City went tits up some months ago. They have demised, ceased to be, shuffled off this mortal coil, run down the curtain and joined the choir invisible. They are an ex-bike shop. That's probably why the link don't work...