PDA

View Full Version : Shipping a bike overseas, warning!

garrok
18th November 2010, 18:04
Please take note...and tell all your friends, dont use G.T. Logistics (out by Akld airport) for anything!! especially not moving a bike..They are idiots and almost destroyed my TTR then refused to take responsability for the damage. They dropped the crate from a great height (I guess off the fork-hoist) and smashed a lot of my personal gear inside too! Check out "google"...search G.T. Logistics and click 'videos' to see warning slide show. They also stole some items from inside my crate before sealing it. major A-Holes!! Be warned!!!!!!!!!!!
Also, worked out quite expensive anyway!

JimO
18th November 2010, 18:21
mongolia????????

steve_t
18th November 2010, 18:28
Hmm... posts : 0

Perhaps a fake user profile specifically to come on KB to lash out libelous accusations?? :corn:

Berries
18th November 2010, 23:44
Fuck. I was just about to send my bike to Ulan Bator as well.

spajohn
19th November 2010, 07:59
Damn impressive smear campaign...I feel quite lame for only slagging on those Mainfreight wankers on Facebook.

White trash
19th November 2010, 08:09
How the hell do you know "they" dropped the crate. Just to let you know, depending on where you shipped to between 3 and 5 sifferent freight handlers would have worked with your freight. In my personal experiance, the company you've contracted to move your bike is the least likely to fuck with it as they stand to lose the most. Still easy enough to lodge a claim with them.

Last, but by no means least, why the hell didn't you have marine insurance for the shipping? That's just plain dumb.

Mully
19th November 2010, 08:55
Still easy enough to lodge a claim with them.

*cough* insufficient packaging *cough* repuditate *cough*

Although he says they sealed the crate? For the love of God, why did you let them do that?

Last, but by no means least, why the hell didn't you have marine insurance for the shipping? That's just plain dumb.

You'd be amazed at the number of claims we get when the client has no insurance

"You shipped $30,000 worth of machinery with no insurance?"
"Well, I thought every company handling it would have liability insurance"
*Facepalm*

White trash
19th November 2010, 09:01
*cough* insufficient packaging *cough* repuditate *cough*

Probably a home built crate, no COG marks or even braced fork holes built in. I'd toss the thing off the hoist on principle.

Although he says they sealed the crate? For the love of God, why did you let them do that?

My god there's some trusting folks out there...........