PDA

View Full Version : First bike Kawasaki ZZR250-GPX

doko
20th November 2010, 00:17
Got my first bike. Already put a few tiny starches on her >_< Ahhh I was turning really slow on a step driveway sideways it was to heavy to stop. Laid it down softly.

250cc took two people to lift... Guess we are really weak lol but its quite big. Looks more like a 500.

Anyway very pleased I have rode scooters in the past and within two days I am riding it everywhere.

It handles so easy! Simple very much like a scooter but faster and with more lean.

250cc is fine for now. Gets up to 140 quickly with ease. (Yes I took it for a safe test run on a empty motorway.)

Some random guy gave me a lecture about safety so I took his word and wear a high vis at night and a leather jacket jeans. I don't care how I look. Not what I got the bike for.

Anyway yeah! I am a new rider and very pleased. I like how the 250 has 6 gears makes it feel racy and offers great engine breaking >__< just trying not to lock the back wheel up like I did in the rain today.

So many things I gotta learn... Maby I try find a friend who can teach me. :yes:

The Everlasting
20th November 2010, 15:33
Welcome,nice bike.

Take it easy out there.

sil3nt
20th November 2010, 16:16
Your bike is a ZZR 250. No GPX in its name! The GPX 250 is slightly different. Same same but different you could say.

Jeans will last less than a second on the road (since your talking safety) might want some proper pants!

doko
21st November 2010, 10:33
Your bike is a ZZR 250. No GPX in its name! The GPX 250 is slightly different. Same same but different you could say.

Jeans will last less than a second on the road (since your talking safety) might want some proper pants!

Oh it had an engine change from the last owner. I think its got the GPX engine in it. :blink:

The Everlasting
21st November 2010, 16:05
Oh it had an engine change from the last owner. I think its got the GPX engine in it. :blink:

Aren't they both parrallel twins? There wouldn't be that much difference....

tigertim20
21st November 2010, 16:44
welcome to KB.

There are a number of mentors on KB, that are experienced riders and can go out on rides with you and give you some pointers on both your riding technique, safety, and basic maintenance.
I dont know who the mentors are in your area, but someone will be along shortly to tell you who they are.
good luck out there!

doko
21st November 2010, 20:05

Last engines oil pipe got blocked and went boom I think.

mikemike104
10th December 2010, 21:01

Motor is essentially the same.. ZZR has slightly bigger bore.. 2mm bigger actually.

A friend just bought a ZZR250 from Auckland and we are to go pick it up tomorrow, I have the GPX so I look forward to seeing what the differencing points are.