PDA

View Full Version : TOO COOL FOR SCHOOL....

_Gina_
13th June 2005, 09:51
Said I would update and so here goes.

Turned up for the basic skills test with John Wright on Sat Morning, it was nice an foggy, there were three of us, one guy who had already purchased his bike, but hadn't been riding since he was a teenager and a lady whose husband suprised her with the course - he told her they were going shopping and turned up to do the course instead!!! She had riden scooters when she was younger.

Things went really well, John Wright is definitely excentric - but he knows his stuff. I got the Red CBR250 and basically I took to the whole thing rather naturally. At the end he made special mention that I had natural ability and was brilliant with my cornering.... although I had a huge amount of difficulty selecting neutral on the frickin thing....must have been damaged by all the previous newbies (that's my excuse anyway!!)

So Sunday morning comes and I was just itching to have a go on the VTR1000.....I mean it's just sitting in the garage taunting me "come on, you know you want to ride me......" :devil2:

So I asked stifarms really nicely whether we could go down the road and find a nice spot and he kindly agreed. I really wanted to know if I liked the sports bike positioning more and I do, the sit up position is all disconnected really....having riden thoroughbred horses for alot of my life the positioning on the VTR is very natural to me....So maybe stifarms will have to get a new bike and I can have the Firestorm....hehehehe

So I will go in and carry out the scratch and win to get my Learners, and this week I will start researching which bikes I want to test ride....

should be fun - CAN'T WAIT!!!!:ride:

Jonty
13th June 2005, 09:56
Basic handling course to a VTR 1000 - good effort, please don't kill yourself :no:

thehollowmen
13th June 2005, 10:02
good work.. be careful and have lots of fun :-)
we like naturals *grin*

Test ride day for me today...

stify
13th June 2005, 10:27
So I asked stifarms really nicely whether we could go down the road and find a nice spot and he kindly agreed. I really wanted to know if I liked the sports bike positioning more and I do, the sit up position is all disconnected really....having riden thoroughbred horses for alot of my life the positioning on the VTR is very natural to me....So maybe stifarms will have to get a new bike and I can have the Firestorm....hehehehe

someone mention new bike......and keep the vtr as well.....wow i'm in :love:
best start saving the pennies

Eyetie
13th June 2005, 11:26
I thought she wanted a Monster????
So I guess you'll be trolling trademe in the not to distant future for her!

stify
13th June 2005, 11:47
I thought she wanted a Monster????
So I guess you'll be trolling trademe in the not to distant future for her!

did spot a chromo monsta on trade me dat looked pretty trick(for her)
but i tink it'll be a little while b4 buying anything but a 250
but that dont stop the lookin,maybe a coupla test rides to boot as well
(maybe a nice new R1.....)

_Gina_
13th June 2005, 11:48
Well...........I do like the idea of a monsta, and it fit's the bill by looking really cool.....but first things first I will find a 250 that suits, gain some much needed experience and then we will look for another bike.

I guess it will most likely end up that we will have two bikes that both of us like and want to ride....

Sounds a bit greedy but it would be cool :devil2:

Keystone19
13th June 2005, 13:17
not that I'm bias but you should definitely take the VTR250 for a test ride.

_Gina_
13th June 2005, 14:16
not that I'm bias but you should definitely take the VTR250 for a test ride.

Yours Maybe.....hehehehe, we don't even know each other that well...
stifarms did his time on a suzy gsx250, and he liked that.

How are you finding the VTR? And what sort of bike do you want to end up on?

Keystone19
13th June 2005, 17:06
The VTR250 is a fun bike. Light, easy to handle, pretty quick sometimes too! Rides v. comfortably at 110-120. I'm planning to cut my teeth on this for the year anyway. Looking at a SV650 once I hone up those cornering skills.

HDTboy
13th June 2005, 19:11
If you want to borrow my CBR to take for a ride I'm sure we could come to some arrangement