PDA

View Full Version : FZ8-S In store now

Waikato Yamaha
24th November 2010, 10:19
As the title suggests the new 2011 FZ8-S model has just arrived in store.

Stop in a take a look.

Waikato Yamaha
24th November 2010, 10:26
Pics attached

wysper
24th November 2010, 15:50
As the title suggests the new 2011 FZ8-S model has just arrived in store.

Stop in a take a look.

whats the RRP?

Hitcher
24th November 2010, 16:07
Should I get excited by the new FZ8s? Or are they another offering from Yamaha that's overpriced and underspecced? They don't look particularly pillion or luggage friendly. Advice and opinions welcome!

Gibbo89
24th November 2010, 17:27
The exhaust should be chrome, and shiny!

Waikato Yamaha
25th November 2010, 07:31
whats the RRP?

$17,679 + on roads

Waikato Yamaha
25th November 2010, 07:35
The exhaust should be chrome, and shiny!

I agree. Stock muffler is ugly.

Here is what we have been offering. GYTR R6 Muffler can be attached with a stainless adaptor pipe that I designed in house. All fitted up for under $800 so not to badly priced either.

With the adaptor pipe you could pretty much use any straight muffler as long as the mounting brackets worked.

Waikato Yamaha
25th November 2010, 07:38
Should I get excited by the new FZ8s? Or are they another offering from Yamaha that's overpriced and underspecced? They don't look particularly pillion or luggage friendly. Advice and opinions welcome!

I have another local rider review to post up soon on FZ8-N which will be of use.

As for luggage, the FZ8 range is marketed as a "sports" or "muscle" bike.

Pack frames will be available soon if not already for limited luggage.

As for pillion friendly, I guess that is up to each individuals opinion.
The pillion seat is a reasonable size and the pegs are low enough.

There is a short review in the lastest Kiwirider also

Waikato Yamaha
25th November 2010, 07:48
Close up shot of our exhaust mod.

BuzzardNZ
25th November 2010, 08:06
Front end looks like a SV1000s clone, too bad it's not as quick as the good ole SV ;)

Gibbo89
25th November 2010, 09:56
That exhaust looks a lot nicer then those black ones. She isn't meant to be as fast as an SV1000!

Correct me if I'm wrong but it's meant to be an 'all rounder', especially for the American market when those silly buggers go jump on a thousand cc bike because they don't think the 600cc class will be a good choice long term. 800cc: the new happy medium? :corn:

Waikato Yamaha
25th November 2010, 10:12
That exhaust looks a lot nicer then those black ones. She isn't meant to be as fast as an SV1000!

Correct me if I'm wrong but it's meant to be an 'all rounder', especially for the American market when those silly buggers go jump on a thousand cc bike because they don't think the 600cc class will be a good choice long term. 800cc: the new happy medium? :corn:

You are dead right. Its the new "optimum all rounder"
Its also marked under the "acclera8 your senses"
and "Muscle Up"

All rounder is more fitting.

Hitcher
25th November 2010, 15:18
There is a short review in the lastest Kiwirider also

Cheers! I'll read that with interest, although bike reviewers rarely take bikes for long rides in "interesting" conditions and almost never tote pillions.

White trash
25th November 2010, 15:23
Cheers! I'll read that with interest, although bike reviewers rarely take bikes for long rides in "interesting" conditions and almost never tote pillions.

They're also notorious for "selling" the bike on behalf of the distributor. For instance, have you ever read a reveiw of the SV650S that states "The suspension, front and rear, is woefully under damped and will cause issues as soon as the pace is increased or the road conditions deteriorate. Shame on you Suzki!"

*Disclaimer: This is merely an example, albeit an accurate one. I absoultely love the SV650 and would own one myself in a heartbeat*

Hitcher
25th November 2010, 15:29
They're also notorious for "selling" the bike on behalf of the distributor.

I had figured that out James. Small Market Syndrome, I think it's called.

Once one has received the necessary approvals, one is keen to take the demo from one's Friendly Local Yamaha Dealer for a fang, write-up to follow. One notes that one's FLYD has a black nekkid model on his forecourt...

White trash
25th November 2010, 15:38
I had figured that out James. Small Market Syndrome, I think it's called.

Once one has received the necessary approvals, one is keen to take the demo from one's Friendly Local Yamaha Dealer for a fang, write-up to follow. One notes that one's FLYD has a black nekkid model on his forecourt...

Yummy eh? Stu wont let me anywhere near it for fear of me wheelying the fuck out of it before it's run in. Woe is me.........

BuzzardNZ
25th November 2010, 16:15
They're also notorious for "selling" the bike on behalf of the distributor. For instance, have you ever read a reveiw of the SV650S that states "The suspension, front and rear, is woefully under damped and will cause issues as soon as the pace is increased or the road conditions deteriorate. Shame on you Suzki!"

*Disclaimer: This is merely an example, albeit an accurate one. I absoultely love the SV650 and would own one myself in a heartbeat*

I agree with those mags about the SV suspension, both 650 and 1000 are pretty damn budget in that area.