PDA

View Full Version : My first jaunt

superman
28th November 2010, 13:01
Did a trip from Clevedon through to Whitford, down through Maraetai and back to Clevedon in that loop before going back down my valley. Know the roads well from driving in my car, so I knew what to expect around each corner which definitely helped.

Great stuff, on a great day. Couldn't be happier with my little 250. And all the cagers seemed very well behaved, except for one trying to come a bit close up my rear,:buggerd:a push back with my hand let him know to back off though.

Thank goodness Sunday drivers don't really push over 80km/h, good way to learn. And good to see loads of other bikers out. Not so much the Harleys who looked like they wanted to vomit on my jap bike. Now that I've done about 100km on my bike I feel a bit more confident, poorly cambered corners are absolutely scary though.

Onto my next adventure. Shall probably go for a good trip down towards Kawakawa Bay and Orere Point. :woohoo:

On the plus side I get less hot on my bike than I do in my car that lacks air conditioning. That will definitely mean on hot days the bike shall be first choice :ride:

Edbear
28th November 2010, 13:06
Nice roads out that way too! Goodonyer! Keep it up! :sunny:

The Everlasting
28th November 2010, 19:22
Good onya,get out there and have fun.

If your stuck in traffic on a hot day wearing full gear,it can get really sweaty!

hellokitty
28th November 2010, 20:13
And good to see loads of other bikers out. Not so much the Harleys who looked like they wanted to vomit on my jap bike.

Probably jealous :yes: because you have a green ninja :love:

superman
28th November 2010, 20:18
Probably jealous :yes: because you have a green ninja :love:

Na I'm sure the look was of pure distate. Found out my friends mum drives a green ninja though. Needless to say she suddenly became more attractive :yes:

hellokitty
28th November 2010, 21:21
Na I'm sure the look was of pure distate. Found out my friends mum drives a green ninja though. Needless to say she suddenly became more attractive :yes:

I don't know what it is, but Harley guys are so snobby :yes:

Phreak
28th November 2010, 21:33
Good on ya! First ride for me was scary too... I've been over to Kawakawa Bay several times in the last few months, a couple of the corners can catch you out: be careful of gravel in the middle of the road, especially in the middle of the 'line' on the tight right hander at the top of the hill before you go down into the bay.

Also, have a look at the 'Biker Boyz' thread here (http://www.kiwibiker.co.nz/forums/showthread.php/130961-Biker-Boyz-NEW-Thread!!!-250cc-rides-and-stuff...!), my mate Mark (A.K.A. Fatt Max) says he is keen to go for rides with other 250's...

:rockon:

superman
28th November 2010, 21:39
I don't know what it is, but Harley guys are so snobby :yes:

Must be something about having to take out a second mortgage to ride their bike. :D

superman
28th November 2010, 21:42
Good on ya! First ride for me was scary too... I've been over to Kawakawa Bay several times in the last few months, a couple of the corners can catch you out: be careful of gravel in the middle of the road, especially in the middle of the 'line' on the tight right hander at the top of the hill before you go down into the bay.

Also, have a look at the 'Biker Boyz' thread here (http://www.kiwibiker.co.nz/forums/showthread.php/130961-Biker-Boyz-NEW-Thread!!!-250cc-rides-and-stuff...!), my mate Mark (A.K.A. Fatt Max) says he is keen to go for rides with other 250's...

:rockon:

Cheers that'll be good. Once I get some more practice down. :apumpin:

sinfull
28th November 2010, 21:46
Must be something about having to take out a second mortgage to ride their bike. :D

What a stereotypical wannabe you turned out to be !

superman
28th November 2010, 21:57
What a stereotypical wannabe you turned out to be !

Haha, they poke fun at me and I can poke fun at them. :Pokey:

But I have a feeling when I'm older I'll be pulled to the harley. They're definitely really cool, but you know how much your friends influence ya. And since they all have jap bikes...

I could play the understanding person who has nothing to say about anyones choices, be it religious, the car they drive, the motorcycle they ride, the clothes they wear... etc etc. But I find people like that rather boring to talk to don't you? :chase:

sinfull
28th November 2010, 22:00
But I find people like that rather boring to talk to don't you? :chase: Well put and you're quite correct lol

psycho22
28th November 2010, 23:06
On the plus side I get less hot on my bike than I do in my car that lacks air conditioning. That will definitely mean on hot days the bike shall be first choice :ride:

Try wearing a full suit of leather.

Sitting in bloody traffic you heat up quicker than the bike.

superman
28th November 2010, 23:12
Try wearing a full suit of leather.

Sitting in bloody traffic you heat up quicker than the bike.

I've got just the leather jacket at the moment, pants on the way :) Albeit an even hotter summer than this spring is coming too. :shit: (Attaches a beer style drinking bracket to helmet). And that idea is copyright... so don't even think about producing it.

psycho22
28th November 2010, 23:16
I've got just the leather jacket at the moment, pants on the way :) Albeit an even hotter summer than this spring is coming too. :shit: (Attaches a beer style drinking bracket to helmet). And that idea is copyright... so don't even think about producing it.

:angry:Yeah tell me about it. I was just getting used to spring too.

S'alright mine will have vodka in.
Of course it shall be used for entertainment purposes only...

Fatt Max
29th November 2010, 07:29
Nice one superperson,

I live out that way and have had many a pootle through Clevedon and Whitford so know those roads well. On a day like yesterday they are a dream to ride and no doubt there were plenty of other bikers on the road enjoying the sun.

Good onya mate, way to go :woohoo:

Blinkwing
3rd December 2010, 18:08
Maraetai's brilliant. I haven't been there since I crashed my bike out that way though. It was my first twisty ride too! :o

superman
5th December 2010, 23:47
Maraetai's brilliant. I haven't been there since I crashed my bike out that way though. It was my first twisty ride too! :o

Ooo bugger. Yeah I'm quite glad I'm learning out here. Twisties everywhere, not too much traffic. So I'm guessing that if I get pretty proficient out here I should be ok most places. :yes:

Went into Manukau today and got my first little experience at filtering to the front of the traffic lights. Bike is just so awesome, no longer will I have to wait! :woohoo:

DMNTD
6th December 2010, 06:28

But does she give you a woody?

White trash
6th December 2010, 07:49
Got a massive head spin on and had to sit down for a while. Felt like it took me about 45 minutes to walk the 200 meters to home. Crashed out on the couch when I got home and had a wee ni-nights.