PDA

View Full Version : Fuel light on a Hyundai Getz

Hiflyer
3rd December 2010, 16:23
My partner has a 2004 Hyundai Getz and I was wondering how far she has to go before she totally runs out of fuel.

Tried doing a few searches on google but work restricts internet useage. :facepalm:

any help would be appreciated

Gremlin
3rd December 2010, 16:32
Google searching says 45L, up to 600km

http://www.drive.com.au/Editorial/ArticleDetail.aspx?ArticleID=10836

edit: of course, it depends how you ride it...

phiretrojan
3rd December 2010, 16:32
My partner has a 2004 Hyundai Getz and I was wondering how far she has to go before she totally runs out of fuel.

Tried doing a few searches on google but work restricts internet useage. :facepalm:

any help would be appreciated

people say 60 to 70ks

i guess the only way to do it is..

buy a cheap gas can from warehouse, (bout $8) fill it up, wait for your light to go on again, just take note when its empty.. then just pullover and refill it.. =) the best way i guess.....

Hiflyer
3rd December 2010, 16:38
people say 60 to 70ks

i guess the only way to do it is..

buy a cheap gas can from warehouse, (bout $8) fill it up, wait for your light to go on again, just take note when its empty.. then just pullover and refill it.. =) the best way i guess.....

haha that's exactly what I did for my hornet.

I think she has this morbid fear of running out in like 5kms. Which I can't seem to get out of her head.

Cos not even bikes with a 10 litre tank do. And hers is 45 IIRC

Hiflyer
3rd December 2010, 16:39
Google searching says 45L, up to 600km

http://www.drive.com.au/Editorial/ArticleDetail.aspx?ArticleID=10836

edit: of course, it depends how you ride it...

People don't exactly "ride" cars... unless your Mr Bean. (anyone remember that episode???)

But I was meaning after the fuel light comes on. Just gotta reassure the better half. She's not exactly car/bike orientated (work in progress....)

onearmedbandit
3rd December 2010, 16:45
Typically it's 40-60km, both car and bike.

phiretrojan
3rd December 2010, 16:47
People don't exactly "ride" cars... unless your Mr Bean. (anyone remember that episode???)

But I was meaning after the fuel light comes on. Just gotta reassure the better half. She's not exactly car/bike orientated (work in progress....)

LOL the episode where he mount the lazy-boy seat on top and sits on it, with a stick to steer the car?

Gremlin
3rd December 2010, 16:50

You asked a bunch of bikers... I ride all my vehicles... (ok, so none have more than two wheels... so what)

Oh... after fuel light. Easy, measure consumption on each fill, ie, how many km to how many litres. I keep a full record for my bike, so I know how many L/100km or km/L, then, taking the reserve tank size, multiply. Easy peasy :yes:

Hiflyer
3rd December 2010, 17:09
Typically it's 40-60km, both car and bike.

Really? Mines 30 :angry:

scumdog
3rd December 2010, 17:25
Being a woman she will drive incessantly with the fuel light on, typically a female expects there should be three days of driving with that light on before it becomes necessary to add fuel.:blink:

Mully
3rd December 2010, 19:27
Getzs take fuel?

I just thought you had to wind the rubber band up occasionally....

Virago
3rd December 2010, 19:45
Wait until you've got an employee who casually mentions that the oil light in his service vehicle had been on for a couple of days...:facepalm:

\m/
3rd December 2010, 20:15
I think most cars still have about 3-5L left whe the gauge reaches empty. Haven't had mine at the empty mark, but it has a 45L tank and takes 30L when gauge says 1/4.

TimeOut
4th December 2010, 04:17
How many litres does it take to fill it from when the light comes on, subtract that from 45 and you have roughly the litres left.

I wouldn't reccomend running a fuel pump dry.

davereid
4th December 2010, 07:09
Its not really a good idea to run a modern fuel injected car out of fuel.

There may be contaminants, water, and rubbish at the bottom of the tank, and fuel pumps, injectors etc. are fragile and expensive.

Just tell her it runs out within a few miles so she puts some fuel in. A white lie to save your pocket being tormented !

marty
4th December 2010, 08:08
:whocares: first of all, sorry to hear you have a Getz.

But if you really want to know, just fill it as soon as the fuel light comes on, subtract that from the fuel capacity (whatever that is - 45l apparantley) and x by probably by about 6l/100km - I reckon there'll be 100k left in the tank. As a comparison I can drive from Cambridge to the Mount with the light on in my suzuki baleno wagon

Chooky
6th December 2010, 20:10
Or you could be like one of the girl drivers for our local truckie, and call up on the radio and say "this stupid truck has run out of diesel again" :yes:

BMWST?
6th December 2010, 20:29
my old toyota and my bmw go over 100 k with the light on....Be careful stopping on hills if the light is on though......

Hiflyer
7th December 2010, 11:50
Na she's the total opposite of the typical woman who drives with the fuel light on for ages.

It turns on and she flips out, thinking she's going to run out of fuel in the next couple of kms...

Swoop
7th December 2010, 11:54
Being a woman she will drive incessantly with the fuel light on, typically a female expects there should be three days of driving with that light on before it becomes necessary to add fuel.:blink:
You could explain that it has nothing to do with fuel at all. It's an "apply make-up" light...:yes: