PDA

View Full Version : 2011 MV Agusta F3 will be a 600cc triple

hayd3n
3rd December 2010, 17:30
http://www.asphaltandrubber.com/bikes/mv-agusta-f3-leak/
damm purdy
http://www.asphaltandrubber.com/wp-content/uploads/2010/10/MV-Agusta-F3-635x417.jpg

hayd3n
3rd December 2010, 17:33
http://www.asphaltandrubber.com/wp-content/uploads/2010/11/MV-Agusta-F3-official-photos-30-635x423.jpg
gallery
http://www.asphaltandrubber.com/bikes/mv-agusta-f3-photo-gallery/

piston broke
3rd December 2010, 17:41
awesome :love:

ed,i like how the barrel looks like a piston

LBD
3rd December 2010, 17:54
That does look nice:yes:...I will bewatching this space closely....

sil3nt
3rd December 2010, 18:00
Old article and a repost

http://www.kiwibiker.co.nz/forums/showthread.php/130531-Mv-f3

The official site says it will be a 675 triple.
http://www.mvagustausa.com/web-mvagusta/10_F3.html

hayd3n
3rd December 2010, 18:07
Old article and a repost

http://www.kiwibiker.co.nz/forums/showthread.php/130531-Mv-f3

The official site says it will be a 675 triple.
http://www.mvagustausa.com/web-mvagusta/10_F3.html

i searched 600cc triple and got nuffing

Cheshire Cat
3rd December 2010, 18:52
Nice. but the Daytona 675 still looks better to me.
I think I'll wait till MV has caught up in the reliability department before i touch one of them.

Cheshire Cat
3rd December 2010, 19:07
i searched 600cc triple and got nuffing

Cause its a 675 bro

jack_hamma
3rd December 2010, 22:10
Nice.... but think just two pipes would like better than the three...

R6_kid
5th December 2010, 12:15
I think I'll wait till MV has caught up in the reliability department before i touch one of them.

You'll have to find a boyfriend that has an MV Agusta F3 first anyway.

Hiflyer
6th December 2010, 12:41
A bit over the top with the exhausts don't you think?

imdying
6th December 2010, 14:08
Yeah just a bit. Might be awesome in the flesh though... I've long since lost faith in the abililty of moto-journalists to take flattering photos.

Cheshire Cat
6th December 2010, 19:14
You'll have to find a boyfriend that has an MV Agusta F3 first anyway.

Like i said, i think the daytona looks better. I have a much cooler MV to ride anyway

cheshirecat
7th December 2010, 10:56
You might be to old to ride by then.

Cheshire Cat
7th December 2010, 17:39
You might be to old to ride by then.

Never too old to ride!!! :D

piston broke
7th December 2010, 18:03
i reckon the 3 pipes is another outstanding standout by mv

imdying
8th December 2010, 08:46
An outstanding way to cheaply build something a little different whilst cowering in the corner afraid to really move the game on?

I thought the next F4 would be the new styling icon, denied. I hoped that the F3 would take that job on instead, and then we'd get the new new F4, denied again. They're worse than Ducati, peddling their tired designs and styling ideas.

Kermit250
13th December 2010, 22:23
Now for all you haters, have you actually every owned and ridden an MV? reliability? sublime! quality, better than anything you could dream about, Ducati doesn't even compare, its a cheap v-twin attempt at being Italian.

Outdated looks? Well that may be so, but why is it that if I park my MV alongside your bike wherever we are, yours will be ignored and I'll have a crowd around mine.

Someone mentioned journalists non-flattering photos. This is very true, to truly appreciate the work of art that MV Agusta is, see one, ride one, own one.

You will never find another bike so rewarding, I can promise you that!

Right now that I've probably just pissed off a pile of people who will moan about how great their honda is, let me have it :corn:

EJK
13th December 2010, 23:11
I thought the next F4 would be the new styling icon, denied. I hoped that the F3 would take that job on instead, and then we'd get the new new F4, denied again.

It's like Pagani Zonda I guess....

imdying
14th December 2010, 13:28
Now for all you haters, have you actually every owned and ridden an MV?Ever been fucked in the arse? No? So how can you say you wouldn't love it? :facepalm:

Outdated looks? Well that may be so, but why is it that if I park my MV alongside your bike wherever we are, yours will be ignored and I'll have a crowd around mine.Hahahaah... the Repsol would take the Pepsi challenge against it any day :laugh: Dunno where you're getting your unfounded confidence from mate, but bright orange tops an old Italian bike any day of the week :msn-wink:

kiwifruit
14th December 2010, 13:49
have you actually every owned and ridden an MV? reliability? sublime! quality, better than anything you could dream about, Ducati doesn't even compare, its a cheap v-twin attempt at being Italian.

Yes. It was extremely temperamental and unreliable. Not suitable for actual use. Good for (when it (http://www.bikepics.com/members/kiwifruit/04f41000/) was going) gently riding, parking and looking at. Best not to try to start it really, just leave it in the lounge and have a beer.

:facepalm:

Matt Bleck
14th December 2010, 14:11
Now for all you haters, have you actually every owned and ridden an MV? reliability? sublime! quality, better than anything you could dream about, Ducati doesn't even compare, its a cheap v-twin attempt at being Italian.

Outdated looks? Well that may be so, but why is it that if I park my MV alongside your bike wherever we are, yours will be ignored and I'll have a crowd around mine.

Someone mentioned journalists non-flattering photos. This is very true, to truly appreciate the work of art that MV Agusta is, see one, ride one, own one.

You will never find another bike so rewarding, I can promise you that!

Right now that I've probably just pissed off a pile of people who will moan about how great their honda is, let me have it :corn:

http://i29.tinypic.com/30ihruq.jpg

Kermit250
14th December 2010, 16:28
Funny how people are quick to put down something they don't own.

The Repsol? sure looks nice, have a couple of mates with the ol' repsol theme, they get the response: " ooh nice bike " the MV alongside? "my god what is that? its art!"

Which bike has earned awards for most beautiful bike in the world time after time? not the orange one sorry.

Reliability:
Mine's never missed a beat, I know of one that has done over 50,000 ks and has never missed a beat. Reliability is just as good as any Japanese bike.

Quality? no Japanese bike could ever compare to the hand built quality of an MV. Suspension upgrades, etc you all love to do (Myself as well with Japanese bikes), you have no need to do such a thing, they are perfect.

Comfort, well comforts shit, we all know that, but one thing: Its a sport bike! who actually buys a sport bike and then moans about comfort? a poser.

To be honest if you ride it slow, its no wonder you can't understand it. It was made to be fast, put it on a track, what it may lack in HP numbers, etc it will more than make up for in everything else.

Lets face it, its a great bike, its gorgeous, lovely to ride, etc.
Expensive? yes comfort? not a tourer. But inferior in anyway, hell no

p.s. knew I could annoy someone with the previous post, typical really:rockon:

imdying
14th December 2010, 16:42
Reliability:
Mine's never missed a beat, I know of one that has done over 50,000 ks and has never missed a beat. Reliability is just as good as any Japanese bike.If they were as reliable as a Japanese bike that number would be:
a) nothing special
b) a lot higher

Ride (http://news.motorbiker.org/blogs.nsf/dx/2004-09-08101210MWEBMP.htm) readers don't agree, and neither do MCN (http://www.fasterandfaster.net/2010/03/honda-motorcycles-top-reliability-study.html) readers. Keep trolling... :facepalm: As far as quality goes... this thread (http://www.mvagusta.net/forum/showthread.php?t=11521) just denegrates into which Italian brand is worse :laugh: Says it all really...

Kermit250
14th December 2010, 17:09
agreed, we won't agree, however, we are in a MV thread you realise, of course you're gonna get MV enthusiasts.

On a real world level: its down to the rider, all sorts love all sorts, I've moved away from Japanese to Italian passion etc

Your on the side for Japanese all roundedness.

Honda's are great don't get me wrong, I've had Honda's just unfortunately I find them quite boring, devoid of personality.

oh btw one last comment: "Can't beat MV!!!" lol:rockon:

imdying
14th December 2010, 17:46
oh btw one last comment: "Can't beat MV!!!" lol:rockon:Unless it's a competition (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_Superbike_World_Championship_winners)...

Kermit250
14th December 2010, 18:03
Competition? who? honda:scooter:? ROFL, thats quite a good joke actually.

Kermit250
14th December 2010, 18:04
lol congrats, we just started a pissing match

Kermit250
14th December 2010, 18:07
first up, this counts race wins, note how many race's the Japanese companies have raced compared to MV (22 years as opposed to 3) and doesn't actually list how many races they have competed in to obtain averages.

Also note that an Italian manufacturer is at the top?

kiwifruit
14th December 2010, 20:36
lol congrats, we just started a pissing match

you win! :bleh:

http://i52.tinypic.com/iqhbmh.jpg

jrandom
14th December 2010, 20:40
Funny how people are quick to put down something they don't own.

And we laughed, and laughed.

Mine's never missed a beat

S'coz you don't ride it properly bro.

jrandom
14th December 2010, 20:51
It was made to be fast, put it on a track

http://i51.tinypic.com/4ruyhj.jpg

Kermit250
14th December 2010, 21:00
Don't ride it properly? And you came to this conclusion how? does your bike normally pack up and die if you ride it to the edge?

Sorry I didn't quite understand the second posting from you, perhaps you could elaborate?

jrandom
14th December 2010, 21:12
does your bike normally pack up and die if you ride it to the edge?

No, on account of it's not an MV Agusta.

Sorry I didn't quite understand the second posting from you, perhaps you could elaborate?

It's dipping sauce, bro. Good for you.

EJK
14th December 2010, 21:20
you win! :bleh:

Touché!

10ch

Kermit250
14th December 2010, 21:31
You have never had the pleasure of owning an MV have you?

One day you should, even if you get the chance just to ride one, take it up, it brings a whole new world to motorcycling as far as the thrill, like owning your first bike all over again. I still don't understand why people bang on about reliability, they are on par with any well made Japanese motorcycle, sure they all have problems, what vehicle does not? but they are not lacking in reliability.

I still don't get the dipping sauce thing sorry, go ahead and laugh, I will too, but could you explain?

Kermit250
14th December 2010, 21:33
Touché!

10ch

I win? huh? I don't get it?

BTW with the pic of the F4 earlier, whose is that one? Its disgusting what they did with the tail end pipes, lol

EJK
14th December 2010, 21:37
I win? huh? I don't get it?

BTW with the pic of the F4 earlier, whose is that one? Its disgusting what they did with the tail end pipes, lol

Question: How old are you? Also, that F4 was KiwiFruit's I belive.

kiwifruit
14th December 2010, 22:00
You have never had the pleasure of owning an MV have you?

One day you should, even if you get the chance just to ride one, take it up, it brings a whole new world to motorcycling as far as the thrill, like owning your first bike all over again. I still don't understand why people bang on about reliability, they are on par with any well made Japanese motorcycle, sure they all have problems, what vehicle does not? but they are not lacking in reliability.

Yes, I did have one, worst bike I've owned. It was totally unreliable and not suitable for actually riding anywhere without a support crew. Electrics failed numerous times, on the go or if i was lucky before i left the house. It ran too hot (poorly designed cooling system - more of an after thought than anything), on a warm day it couldn't idle for more than a few minutes without getting REALLY hot. The radiator was held on with two mounts at the top only (poor design causing fail at anything other than a pootle to the cafe...). It misted oil out of the covers when worked "hard". Pretty bits flew off it.

When it was going (approx 50% of the time) it was nice to ride. Had as much power as any other stock 1000 if it was in the right place in the rev range. When it was on song it was like being aboard an old aircraft - "is this thing gonna blow!".

Didn't handle as well as stock jap bike. Hard to do anything with the rear shock without replacing it with something completely different.

It did look good in the lounge. Sounded nice.

cowpoos kicked it one night! I nearly cried.

Have you had your MV on the track Kermit250? I understand you defending the brand, they are "choice" but I don't think they are actually any good at being a usable motorcycle. A stationary piece of art rather than art in motion.

Kermit250
14th December 2010, 22:09
My apologies first for insulting your tailpipes, didn't realise it was your bike, obviously just not my style. I'm quite blown away, I guess my argument for reliability is now invalid, personally I haven't heard of that at all, the earlier 1000's for running warm, but nothing catastrophic or anything.

Yes I have put mine on the track, admittedly not racing, but on open days. That is where I found it really shines! suspension wise, its easy to mess up, lots of adjust-ability is provided (have stuffed my settings up before)

jrandom
15th December 2010, 03:26
My apologies first for insulting your tailpipes

What don't you like about them? Any why apologise? You either like them or you don't. Stop being a pussy.

They were an official MV Agusta 'race' accessory.

They sounded a lot better than the stock ones. Real fucking horny. The bike's previous owner fitted them.

One of them was loose, and wobbled. We all eventually realised that this was par for the MV Agusta course.

I rode my motorbike around a racetrack quite slowly. It was all relatively new to me, and very exciting. I told myself that this meant that my motorbike was awesome.

You might want to be careful about turning up on this forum and making assertions like that.

Your motorcycle is fine for pottering around on and looking at. (Pottering around on a racetrack is still pottering around.)

But the MV Agusta F4s have design issues that make them unsuitable for being ridden in the way that a number of members of this forum like to ride their motorcycles. F4s are fragile flowers.

Nothing wrong with riding a fragile flower. They can be made to work with some general care and attention (rewiring most of the electrics, welding bracing around the radiator so that it doesn't fall off, glueing down of various body parts that fly off if you go faster than 280kph indicated, etc).

Or, of course, you can just ride within their limitations, which one imagines that you have done to date.

Best, though, that you not get people's backs up by turning up on the internets and claiming that your fragile flower goes better than a Japanese racebike.

The dipping sauce is for your chicken strips.

2wheeldrifter
15th December 2010, 08:05
Also note that an Italian manufacturer is at the top?

Yep I noted that.... :yes:

it's a real cunt they are dropping out from the superbikes... damn fools!

Kermit250
15th December 2010, 08:19
First of all I apologised as I was trying to be polite, "treat others as you wish to be treated" can go a long way.

Interesting the assumptions that come out. You have never met me, or seen how I ride, admittedly there is a time and a place for all sorts of riding, but it really is quite childish to try to put down somebody because you feel you are losing an argument.

I propose an agree to disagree:

In my opinion MV's are better, however in your opinion, a Japanese bike is better. We will not be able to convince each other otherwise.

You warn of making statements like I did? Perhaps you fail to realise that we are within an MV thread at the moment? Maybe you should take your own advice.

Anyway we have hijacked this thread; back to the F3:

I think it will be very interesting to see how this plays out against the competition (675 daytona?). Also good to see MV spreading out further into the market

Kermit250
15th December 2010, 08:20
Yep I noted that.... :yes:

it's a real cunt they are dropping out from the superbikes... damn fools!

Yeah that does suck, not the biggest fan of the ol' Ducati, but it was good to see some decent variation shaking up the competition!

imdying
15th December 2010, 08:21
lol congrats, we just started a pissing matchYou're right, and it is indeed a waste of time. All I've got to say is yes MVs are lovely bikes to look at, I'm just dissappointed that they didn't give us something new and beautiful this time around; just something dated.

It would be fair to say that I expect a lot more from them in the styling department than other marques, but when they hold themselves up as being the styling gods, I think that's fair. I was expecting something that was a on a higher level than the 675, but instead got an F4 rehash with Poseidons trident hanging off the side.

Kermit250
15th December 2010, 08:28
It would be fair to say that I expect a lot more from them in the styling department than other marques, but when they hold themselves up as being the styling gods, I think that's fair. I was expecting something that was a on a higher level than the 675, but instead got an F4 rehash with Poseidons trident hanging off the side.

Yeah I can understand the similarites they wanted with the F4 (being in the same range) but was hoping to see a bit more variation of style. A few changes in curves, and colour schemes would be nice.

I think I like the trident exhaust, god knows why.

imdying
15th December 2010, 08:51
I think I like the trident exhaust, god knows why.I'm prepared to like it in the flesh, I'm hoping the whole rapper bling look is merely a reflection on the way the pictures have been taken.

Kermit250
15th December 2010, 09:08
Yeah I guess, like the rest of their lineup, gotta see em to really know what they look like, photos never do em justice.

Can't wait to see one.

Any ideas when these come to New Zealand? Could be quite keen to "test" one of these aka: sneak one into the garage without the other half finding out

MD
15th December 2010, 17:20
Any ideas when these come to New Zealand? Could be quite keen to "test" one of these aka: sneak one into the garage without the other half finding out

No need to rush to a shop. MV stated at the launch that production would commence next October! That's enough time for MV to go through a buy-out, a take-over, a liquidation and two receiverships. Assuming they do commence production on time (yeah right!) and can make more than 4 bikes a day, a good rate by Italian standards, we still wont see any here until late 2012.

I love it and would buy one on looks alone, so long as the performance is at least on a par with the Daytona. At 140hp and lighter it should be better. But I wouldn't put it past the Eyeties to stuff it up.

After just parting with my 675 triple this timing will be spot on for my next changeover. Is that coincidence or providence as Morpeus would say.

Kermit250
15th December 2010, 18:56
Where did you find the technical specifications from? Oh really didn't hear about that, well I might as well get a new career, retir:zzzz:e, have grand kids then get one

jrandom
15th December 2010, 19:34
First of all I apologised as I was trying to be polite

Heh! You'll want to stop doing that.

Interesting the assumptions that come out. You have never met me, or seen how I ride...

You haven't broken your F4, therefore you ride it like a nana.

Not that there's anything wrong with that. Some of my best friends ride like nanas. The rest of my best friends are all gay, black, and handicapped.

But deductions are not assumptions.

*scrambles to redefine the discussion and thereby regain self-respect*

Chuckle. No, it doesn't work like that.

You stated that MVs are reliable. They're not.

You stated that they handle slash go better than other motorbikes. They don't.

So stop wriggling, and take your flaming like a man. You can't sensibly presume to disagree with the above if you haven't thrashed your bike to test its reliability and ridden it alongside the competition at race pace to test its performance.

Opinions are worthless, and will not be 'agreed to disagree' upon, if they're plucked from rectums instead of being based on solid data.

What we do all agree on is that MV Agustas are gorgeous.

Back to the OP's topic: IMHO, the new 600's styling is a derivative combination of the old F4s and the newer middleweights from other manufacturers. I refer the Gentle Readers to the short tail profile in particular.

Attractive, but kinda like most modern pop music, inasmuch as it looks (or sounds) like something one could have assembled oneself from existing components. This contrasts with the original F4, of course, which was a product of genius.

One can only imagine that Mr Tamburini was not involved this time.

saul
15th December 2010, 20:25
Well what load of shit in this thread. Leave the poor tga bastard alone you old kb bitches:love:

There is no doubt that Mv's are not great bikes but they look as horny as hell and if you are a poseur then that is acceptable:love:

The little 675 looks very yummmy and put some carbon here and there it will be acceptable to have one:love: oh I meant the triumph 675 by the way:love:

Kermit250
16th December 2010, 07:05
Stop being polite? sorry thats not how I work.

Any bike or engine for that matter will break if you don't look after it.
Yes I "thrash" my bike, but I look after it with maintenance as well, perhaps thats still something you have yet to learn as it appears you break your bikes when you ride them properly

What would you define as reliable, because I am yet to find any bike for that matter that is "reliable" they all have problems, or do you hold your beloved Japanese bikes on a pedestal so high that you choose to ignore this?

as I said: My opinion: They DO "go better"

If someone walks into a Ferrari forum and starts banging on about how crap they are and how much better their Toyota Corolla is, I would suspect that jelousy is the real motive.

Back to the F3:

I would be inclined to agree, that it appears ol' Tambo didn't play a big part, does kinda look like a lot of it was just "copy" "pasted" from the F4 with a different rear end. Still I would be quite interested to see\ride it in the flesh to make a final opinion.

imdying
16th December 2010, 11:13
If someone walks into a Ferrari forum and starts banging on about how crap they are and how much better their Toyota Corolla is, I would suspect that jelousy is the real motive.Couple of points:
This isn't an MV Agusta forum, this is the "New Bike Model News" subforum of Kiwibiker
It was you (post #18 (http://www.kiwibiker.co.nz/forums/showthread.php/131709-2011-MV-Agusta-F3-will-be-a-600cc-triple?p=1129931488#post1129931488)) that started banging on about how awesome they are and how much better than other bikes they are, in response to members who were merely commenting on the styling of the new F3 model (posts #1, #3, #4, #7, #9, #11, #12, #13, #16 and #17), not the other way around
Contrary to what you think, it's possible to dicuss the styling of new motorcycles without jealousy being a factor

So in summary, you've been getting shit because you're the one who started with brand based bollocks, rather than just adding your opinion on the new models styling like everyone else has.

onearmedbandit
16th December 2010, 11:40
Oooo I wonder how long this will go on for. Once it's stopped can we start discussing what oil is the best?

Gremlin
16th December 2010, 11:52
Oooo I wonder how long this will go on for. Once it's stopped can we start discussing what oil is the best?
Well I've switched from Motorex to Elf... looking good so far. :yes:

onearmedbandit
16th December 2010, 11:59
Well I've switched from Motorex to Elf... looking good so far. :yes:

Excellent, but I think you'll find you're jumping the gun a little. We're still waiting for kermit to reply to imdying.

imdying
16th December 2010, 11:59
Not that bloody butane wash crap, that's for sure.

nodrog
16th December 2010, 12:33
Stop being polite? sorry thats not how I work.

Any bike or engine for that matter will break if you don't look after it.
Yes I "thrash" my bike, but I look after it with maintenance as well, perhaps thats still something you have yet to learn as it appears you break your bikes when you ride them properly

What would you define as reliable, because I am yet to find any bike for that matter that is "reliable" they all have problems, or do you hold your beloved Japanese bikes on a pedestal so high that you choose to ignore this?

as I said: My opinion: They DO "go better"

If someone walks into a Ferrari forum and starts banging on about how crap they are and how much better their Toyota Corolla is, I would suspect that jelousy is the real motive.

Back to the F3:

I would be inclined to agree, that it appears ol' Tambo didn't play a big part, does kinda look like a lot of it was just "copy" "pasted" from the F4 with a different rear end. Still I would be quite interested to see\ride it in the flesh to make a final opinion.

Are you going to bring this new MV to Drivers tonight to show off?

Fanny

ducatilover
16th December 2010, 12:59
MV F4i are pretty. But they haven't been the top performer for a while.... was sad when the K5 GSXR came along and raped it five years ago. :facepalm:

Kermit250
16th December 2010, 13:00
lmao, point taken! :laugh:

Canola oil?

Kermit250
16th December 2010, 13:03
Enjoyed the debate jrandom by the way. Some great points brought up!

Kermit250
16th December 2010, 13:14
Are you going to bring this new MV to Drivers tonight to show off?

Fanny

Who is this???

Nope not even in Tauranga at the moment

nodrog
16th December 2010, 13:18
Who is this???

Nope not even in Tauranga at the moment

We have not met yet, but now that you have an MV I sure would like to meet you.:love::scooter::gob:

Fanny.

Kermit250
16th December 2010, 13:20
uh right.

You go on the thursday night rides to Oko? I haven't been in a few weeks

nodrog
16th December 2010, 13:42
uh right.

You go on the thursday night rides to Oko? I haven't been in a few weeks

I have been on a couple, but I have been working late so I just go straight to Drivers at the moment.

Fanny.

Matt Bleck
16th December 2010, 13:52
I have been on a couple, but I have been working late so I just go straight to Drivers at the moment.

Fanny.

I'll see you tonight Fanny!!! :love:

nodrog
16th December 2010, 14:11
I'll see you tonight Fanny!!! :love:

SWEET! Mabel will be stoked :yes: :love:

Kermit250
16th December 2010, 14:36
Ah yeah, understand that. Might be a bit before I can get back on the rides too.

What ya reckon of the F3?

nodrog
16th December 2010, 15:07
What ya reckon of the F3?

Well its no hyosung :shutup:

Fanny.

Kermit250
16th December 2010, 15:20
Well its no hyosung :shutup:

Fanny.

In a good way or a bad way? The Brutale version could go well with your comet in a few years though!

nodrog
16th December 2010, 15:25
In a good way or a bad way? The Brutale version could go well with your comet in a few years though!

Value for Money way the MV doesnt really seem like a good deal. and how come I have to wait a few years to get one? Have I been naughty?

Fanny.

Kermit250
16th December 2010, 15:27
no cause they ain't selling them for a couple of years yet probably.

Fair enough.

If you want something better value for money then check out this thread:

http://www.kiwibiker.co.nz/forums/showthread.php/132208-Who-needs-1000cc

doc
10th March 2011, 06:46
does your bike normally pack up and die if you ride it to the edge?

Yep as soon as it gets close to the edge of town. The only MV to own is one under warranty. For whats thats worth in NZ..

kiwifruit
10th March 2011, 12:28
Yep as soon as it gets close to the edge of town. The only MV to own is one under warranty. For whats thats worth in NZ..

Has yours shit itself again? You must be using it inappropriately, it's not ment to be ridden ya know

slydesigns
12th March 2011, 08:43
F3 is aiming to be in country begining 2012 and priced competitively... right up until you drop it.

Going for the 675R instead as that will be here shortly and atleast I know what will fall off on that and can ducktape it up befroe it does

Goblin
12th March 2011, 09:05
Has yours shit itself again? You must be using it inappropriately, it's not ment to be ridden ya know65k suggests you're correct. At least the loser cruiser still goes.:clap:

nallac
12th March 2011, 09:58
65k suggests you're correct. At least the loser cruiser still goes.:clap:

you could nearly rebuild the sporty for what they want for the MV alternator.

Goblin
12th March 2011, 10:18
you could nearly rebuild the sporty for what they want for the MV alternator.Funnily enough, the sporty gearbox was cheaper AND it works! :eek:

Skinon
18th March 2011, 00:06
:drool: one word for this. AIDS.

nudemetalz
14th June 2011, 11:43
It runs !!!!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e3njWWstci8&feature=player_embedded

imdying
14th June 2011, 12:33
Isn't that the new GSXR?

nodrog
14th June 2011, 13:44
Sounds like a Bernina with a fucked bearing

Geeen
14th June 2011, 19:30

+ 1. damn noisy engine

jaffaonajappa
14th June 2011, 19:36
hard to say really....may have been a very sensitive microphone (on a cell phone I think?) - and the bikes actually too damn quiet?

imdying
29th July 2011, 11:07
Still looking forward to seeing this in the flesh... is it still coming out this year? If so, any likely to hit our shores this year?

Hope they're building a bad arse F4 replacement to fight it out in WSBK....

doc
30th July 2011, 05:08

Sort of like "Nuts and bolts in a blender" is the way I've heard them describe MV engines.

MD
12th October 2011, 16:26
UK pricing looks sharp. This from MCN today.

"As expected, the F3 sportster – a direct rival for the Triumph 675 Daytona and Daytona R, is priced at £9999 and will become available in February next year. MV has also confirmed the bike will produce 130bhp. Triumph’s Daytona 675 R currently costs an identical £9999".

High class Italian flair (and unknown relaibility) for the same price as the Daytona, that will be atough decision for buyers.

Wonder what the price will be when it reaches NZ

doc
19th October 2011, 04:30
UK pricing looks sharp. This from MCN today.

"As expected, the F3 sportster – a direct rival for the Triumph 675 Daytona and Daytona R, is priced at £9999 and will become available in February next year. MV has also confirmed the bike will produce 130bhp. Triumph’s Daytona 675 R currently costs an identical £9999".

High class Italian flair (and unknown relaibility) for the same price as the Daytona, that will be atough decision for buyers.

Wonder what the price will be when it reaches NZ

http://www.trademe.co.nz/motors/motorbikes/motorbikes/sports/auction-358735261.htm

and

http://www.trademe.co.nz/motors/motorbikes/motorbikes/sports/auction-413892440.htm

imdying
19th October 2011, 08:18
They have got to be dreaming :mellow:

R6_kid
7th January 2012, 14:54
Just put a deposit down for mine, due to arrive in 6-7 weeks.

Only $17,990 ride away in Australia.

sil3nt
7th January 2012, 15:18

Only $17,990 ride away in Australia.Lucky man!

Nastrond
8th January 2012, 19:44

Only $17,990 ride away in Australia.Is that Australian dollars. If so that would make it 23,557 NZD at todays exchange rate which is $2000 more than the NZ price

Mental Trousers
8th January 2012, 20:27

Only $17,990 ride away in Australia.

Where'd you get money from??

I think I want to have sex with that swing arm :shit:

R6_kid
9th January 2012, 10:07
Is that Australian dollars. If so that would make it 23,557 NZD at todays exchange rate which is $2000 more than the NZ price

That would be correct, but it doesn't really make sense to spend $18k on a bike and leave it in a country where you don't live. I have a heavily modified TRX850 for road/track duties when I'm in NZ.

Where'd you get money from??

I think I want to have sex with that swing arm :shit:

I'm a "technical professional" at a Uranium Mine :) I'm not sure if that means I'm technically professional or professional in a technical way... but it pays pretty well. I don't quite earn as much as Julia Gillard, but I'm almost there!:yes:

Nastrond
9th January 2012, 11:13
That would be correct, but it doesn't really make sense to spend $18k on a bike and leave it in a country where you don't live. I have a heavily modified TRX850 for road/track duties when I'm in NZ.

I'm a "technical professional" at a Uranium Mine :) I'm not sure if that means I'm technically professional or professional in a technical way... but it pays pretty well. I don't quite earn as much as Julia Gillard, but I'm almost there!:yes:Reason I asked if it was AUD or NZD is before I got my Suzuki I was looking at importing a ZX10r from OZ as the bikes are usually quite a bit cheaper over there. The 10r would have been around $5000 cheaper at the time for the ABS version

R6_kid
12th January 2012, 14:04
Reason I asked if it was AUD or NZD is before I got my Suzuki I was looking at importing a ZX10r from OZ as the bikes are usually quite a bit cheaper over there. The 10r would have been around $5000 cheaper at the time for the ABS version

I think it's easier to ship Aus to NZ than it is the other way around. Though I've only looked NZ to Australia, and it doesn't make sense unless the vehicle has sentimental value as it doesn't save any money over buying the same equivalent vehicle in Australia after you've paid for shipping and the government has taken their share too.

MD
8th August 2012, 20:06
R6 Kid,
have you got the bike yet. I've sent you a pm actually but if you have please share your impressions.

I went to the launch tonight and all bar it passing a test ride, once the demo is ready, I will have one next week.

Stunner in the flesh and great sound. Surprisingly comfy, well comparatively to sportsbikes. Going to look great when the MV handguards, heated grips and hard luggage arrive.

R6_kid
8th August 2012, 21:55
Nope, cashed in my deposit and took a round the world trip including the IOM TT with the money I'd started putting aside for it.