PDA

View Full Version : Cricket: The Ashes Adelaide test

Usarka
7th December 2010, 14:28
Aussies lose by an innings and 71 runs. First loss to Eng by an innings since 1986. England only has to win one remaining test (3 to go) to retain the ashes.

Ponting might be goonnnnneeeeebuuurrrrgerrrr!

(Maybe he can become a kiwi)

admenk
7th December 2010, 14:30
And they say miracles don't happen.....

Big Dave
7th December 2010, 15:24
I can bowl better than our spinners stocks.

I'd drop St Ricky to five, Watson to three, Hughes to open and axe done nothin' North.

Warney's variety TV show debuted last week too.

slofox
7th December 2010, 15:57
Could'na happened to a more deserving team...:devil2:

JimO
7th December 2010, 16:51
our cricket team isnt much better

spookytooth
7th December 2010, 17:28
our cricket team isnt much better

Than what, the blind one armed cricket team ?

98tls
7th December 2010, 17:42
Watched it from start to finish (mysky is awesome) and thoroughly enjoyed.

slofox
7th December 2010, 17:46
(mysky is awesome)

yeah yeah yeah...

98tls
7th December 2010, 17:49
yeah yeah yeah...

:yes:Indeed it is.

slofox
7th December 2010, 17:54
:yes:Indeed it is.

I got it for free by putting my landline in with my vodafone broadband package. Best thing I ever did!

98tls
7th December 2010, 18:21
I got it for free by putting my landline in with my vodafone broadband package. Best thing I ever did!

Mate i so enjoyed watching the Aussies get bum f#uked in there own back yard i may well re watch there collapse again later.

MIXONE
7th December 2010, 18:34
It's one of those series where I want both sides to lose.

Hitcher
7th December 2010, 19:10

With his batting and captaincy winning averages? Don't be silly. Other members of that squad will be axed, but Ponting's spot is safe until he retires.

98tls
7th December 2010, 19:18
With his batting and captaincy winning averages? Don't be silly. Other members of that squad will be axed, but Ponting's spot is safe until he retires.

:gob:Theres a bet i will take,the Stralians are as bad as us when the chips are down,if they lose this series hes gone along with Mitchell and a few others.Life without Warne eh.

Hitcher
7th December 2010, 19:21
Theres a bet i will take,the Stralians are as bad as us when the chips are down,if they lose this series hes gone along with Mitchell and a few others.Life without Warne eh.

Who's Ponting's successor, on current form? Anybody who has their former girlfriend's name tattooed on their body and who is also struggling for batting form must have a slim chance indeed.

98tls
7th December 2010, 19:27
Who's Ponting's successor, on current form? Anybody who has their former girlfriend's name tattooed on their body and who is also struggling for batting form must have a slim chance indeed.

Agreed on Clarke,a long shot would be Haddin though all things considered Watson would have to be a contender, granted short on experience.

Big Dave
7th December 2010, 19:48
They are brutal on Captains. Border and Waugh were exited before they should have been. Taylor when he saw it coming.

98tls
7th December 2010, 19:53
They are brutal on Captains. Border and Waugh were exited before they should have been. Taylor when he saw it coming.

Makes you wonder whats in store for our lot eh,with good reason.

Hitcher
7th December 2010, 20:41
Makes you wonder whats in store for our lot eh,with good reason.

Unlike Australians, New Zealanders don't expect their national cricket team to win every game they play.

98tls
7th December 2010, 20:48
Unlike Australians, New Zealanders don't expect their national cricket team to win every game they play.

Bugger me you should be a politician H there always on about what New Zealanders want,as a New Zealander ive never sat down and watched our cricket team play thinking "i dont expect them to win".

Berries
7th December 2010, 21:43
We'll save that one for the rugby world cup.

:rofl:

Usarka
8th December 2010, 11:25
Ponting made comment bak in July-ish that his days as captain would be over if they lost the ashes. Whether that was signalling his intention or a prediction on what the management/media/fans demanded I'm not sure.

One way or another we may find out. :popcorn:

ps - Pontings *recent* track record as batsman and captain hasn't been great....by aussie standards.

MisterD
8th December 2010, 14:49
ps - Pontings *recent* track record as batsman and captain hasn't been great....

Because he's not a very good captain tactically - he's far too cautious with field placings and especially with declarations (he'll always bat on to avoid the possibility of losing which usually means he misses the chance of a win).

Now he's lost the great players he had previously his captaincy limitations are shown up and the pressure has affected his batting.

It was quite amusing to watch him chasing the ball with his close-in field placings during the England innings - he'd place a fielder where the ball just went and watch the next ball go through where the fielder (usually himself) had just been :facepalm:

Gibbo89
8th December 2010, 15:13
Even if Australia lose this Ashes series I will be surprised to see Ponting lose his role as Captain. With his batting average at well over 50 and his pretty good captaincy career behind him, I can't see him getting the axe.

Michael Clarke is a bit of a douche and I personally do not see him haveing the nous for leading Australia. Shane Watson should jump down to Marcus North's position at 6 with Hughes or some young fella taking Watson's opening role and Watson can become more of an all rounder and not be wrapped up in cotton wool when it is near the oppositions innings so he is 'fresh' for opening the batting.

Bollinger may also be cut from the next game if his fitness is not improved by the next match in Perth. His spells later in the innings lacked any ability to be a threat to the English.

It is also sweet watching a batting line up all in form in the one match, no one for the English is walking out there in poor from and I can't wait for the next match.

As for other possible captain in the Aussie team, well there are fuck all options. Mr Cricket is as old as Ponting, Haddin is over 30 so would not captain for a long time. (Most Aussie captains have the role for a pretty long time)

From my armchair, it would seem that the 'Golden days' of Australian cricket is over. Much like the West Indies team from the 80's.

:corn:

Berries
11th December 2010, 23:09
I've heard that Richie Benaud has flown to Perth early to get some net practice in. My sources tell me however that he cannot reach down to field a ball without shitting himself.

eelracing
17th December 2010, 18:09
A supreme display of swing bowling by Mitchel Johnson (not forgetting his batting yesterday)and this is "game on."

Pressures on and he's stepped up.Aint it a great game?Gotta love the WACA.

Big Dave
19th December 2010, 15:22
:corn::corn::corn:

James Deuce
19th December 2010, 16:09
Bugger me you should be a politician H there always on about what New Zealanders want,as a New Zealander ive never sat down and watched our cricket team play thinking "i dont expect them to win".

It must be nice to watch cricket in a delusional state.

Big Dave
19th December 2010, 16:10

Usually about Wild Moose number 11.

Hitcher
19th December 2010, 17:04
If this series was being played on the sub-continent, there'd be allegations of match fixing.

Drunken Monkey
19th December 2010, 19:52
I dunno, seems more like 'normality has been restored' to me...

pete376403
19th December 2010, 23:00
If this series was being played on the sub-continent, there'd be allegations of match fixing.

Why is the place referred to (especially when discussing cricket) as "the sub-continent? Why not just say "India"?

MisterD
20th December 2010, 07:19
Why is the place referred to (especially when discussing cricket) as "the sub-continent? Why not just say "India"?

Pakistan, India, Bangaldesh, Sri Lanka.

BTW, if someone is described as "Asian" in the UK, this is where they will be from.

eelracing
20th December 2010, 08:37

How can you be so cold JD.

NZ cricket team can only get stronger after their recent non results (can't get much lower) The Aussies have shown what a lot of ticker and a good kick in the arse can achieve.

We have got the talent but it's the motivation that's lacking I suspect (and a decent strike bowler)

eelracing
20th December 2010, 08:57

Bah humbug your trash talking now...Mitchells spell with both bat & ball in the first innings took the game away from England.
The niggle and back chat (from aussie esp.)was Test Cricket at it's best...seeing Ponting leading the send-off chorus to some of the English batsmen was hilarious.

Also after watching this match i'm a fan of the video ref in tests as well.

James Deuce
20th December 2010, 09:22
a decent strike bowler)

Singular. We need more than one competent bowler per team.

That has been the NZ cricket team's problem since Richard Hadlee was wearing shorts to test matches.

Drunken Monkey
20th December 2010, 12:17
Except for those short stints when Shane Bond was not injured...

Hitcher
21st December 2010, 11:56
Pakistan, India, Bangaldesh, Sri Lanka.

BTW, if someone is described as "Asian" in the UK, this is where they will be from.

The US too has similarly geographically-challenged dickheads. They also include ourselves and our Aussie cousins in this "Asian" category. I blame their binary focus which, in this case, is sorely taxed as they try to cope with something a little more complex than "us and them".

The BDOTGNZA believes that if Americans also understood the difference between asses and arses, the world would be a much better place.

Drunken Monkey
21st December 2010, 14:37
Eh? The sub-continent is part of Asia (been called Asia minor since way back), how is that geographically challenged? They use 'Oriental' to differentiate from SE Asians, which is not incorrect either.

Usarka
29th March 2011, 14:14

Howzaaaaaatttttttttttttt!

http://www.nzherald.co.nz/sport/news/article.cfm?c_id=4&objectid=10715670

but Ponting's spot is safe until he retires.

Of course there was no "pressure" to do so......he just suddenly decided to.

Even if Australia lose this Ashes series I will be surprised to see Ponting lose his role as Captain. With his batting average at well over 50 and his pretty good captaincy career behind him, I can't see him getting the axe.

goonnnnneeeeebuuurrrrgerrrr!

Berries
6th August 2015, 23:08
Fuck me.

Anyone have a link to the live game before it is over?

mossy1200
6th August 2015, 23:34
Fuck me.

Anyone have a link to the live game before it is over?

I used to watch it on criclive. you could try that.

Berries
6th August 2015, 23:41
I used to watch it on criclive. you could try that.
All out for 60. Ha ha. Time for bed.

PrincessBandit
7th August 2015, 19:44
All out for 60 in 18.3 overs first innings. I am trying so hard not to take great delight in this.

Actually I lie - I'm enjoyed hearing every bit and watching every dismissal.

mashman
7th August 2015, 19:53
All out for 60. Ha ha. Time for bed.

It's a fix :eek:. Betcha Freddie's completely wankered atm.

neels
7th August 2015, 20:17
I was trying to go to bed early last night.

This could not be done while the oz batsmen were being done over by some amazing english bowling

Late to bed, so worth.