PDA

View Full Version : Fresh Engrish

bungbung
14th June 2005, 15:13
Get it here

www.engrish.com

Hitcher
14th June 2005, 20:35
Outstanding. Loved the Garaxy Cruiser...

scumdog
15th June 2005, 08:11
I 'believe' that the Mitsubishi Starion was called that because people of a certain ethnic group had trouble pronouncing 'r' and the name had originally intended to be Stallion? Likewise 'Eager' tyres were meant to be 'Eagles' but the same problem arose...

Devil
15th June 2005, 15:27
I 'believe' that the Mitsubishi Starion was called that because people of a certain ethnic group had trouble pronouncing 'r' and the name had originally intended to be Stallion? Likewise 'Eager' tyres were meant to be 'Eagles' but the same problem arose...
Let me adjust your perspective :)

After first hand examples of Japanese peoplesesses. Worked with a lady called Rie (which is pronounced Li-eh by the japanese). So these words (though I'd never considered it before till you brought it up) are being pronounced correctly as a japanese person would say them.
The R in eager becoming an L sound, likewise the R in starion becoming an L sound.

scumdog
15th June 2005, 15:31
Let me adjust your perspective :)

After first hand examples of Japanese peoplesesses. Worked with a lady called Rie (which is pronounced Li-eh by the japanese). So these words (though I'd never considered it before till you brought it up) are being pronounced correctly as a japanese person would say them.
The R in eager becoming an L sound, likewise the R in starion becoming an L sound.

Right, so it IS a Stallion after all.

So that is why they pronounce the word please as "prease"?

Devil
15th June 2005, 15:35
Right, so it IS a Stallion after all.

So that is why they pronounce the word please as "prease"?
Quite possibly. I might ask her next time im over that way.

NC
15th June 2005, 15:41
:rofl: :rofl:

John
15th June 2005, 15:47
Man, dont tell everyone they are all MINE MINE MINE :lol:

MrMelon
15th June 2005, 16:24
Mmm looks tasty. Can't wait to get some of that in my mouth!

Biff
15th June 2005, 17:01
Ahhhhh - Just the opportunity to post this pricture.

Krayy
16th June 2005, 09:03
I always had my suspicions about sailors..... :rofl:

NC
16th June 2005, 17:13
I always had my suspicions about sailors..... :rofl:
Ahoy there matey :msn-wink: